Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't link remote after connecting Mavic Air via WiFi
40485 221 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bilacus
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-3 14:30
Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, I would like to clarify if you manage to re-link your remote controller without DJI GO 4 app? Can your remote controller recognize your phone? If yes, do you have any error message under the app? Please provide as well the color of the LED on your remote controller. Please see the link for manual re-linking. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnp3PQiJ6s

Bought a Mavic Air with the Fly More combo for €1200 in April and flew a couple of times using the remote and an iPhone 8. Even got the expensive extra insurance.
Packed all my photo gear, including the Mavic, in June and went on a holiday trip that included three photo jobs for customers.
End of story. Not a second of drone action since then.
The battery charger works, but that's about it. I use it several times per day because I've spent many, many hours trying to pair the remote to the phone to the drone. Tried every tricked posted here and on other forums.
Updated using DJI Assistant 2 (PC, Windows 10). Downgraded using Assistant 2. Tried factory reset.
Reinstalled DJI Go on the phone. Linked using Wi-Fi. That works. I can fly using my phone, but that's pointless. This drone is only a toy without the remote.
Removed the Wi-Fi link. Switched cellular data off. Tried every conceivable combination of tricks posted here.
Removed the SD card and went through all the steps without it and with the card back in.
Varied the start up sequence: Air > Remote > DJI Go. DJI Go > Air > Remote. Remote  > DJI Go > Air. etc.
The final stage of the linking process is greyed out and the remote shows a fixed red light. That's all I've been seeing for two months.
Photo jobs cancelled and I have customers to compensate.

This junk cost me €1200 and approximately 40 hours of work, so all I'd like to know now is how to claim a refund.

2018-7-16
Use props
Canefan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88074 ft
United States

I had this exact problem last week.  I flew the MA using only my mobile device and then was unable to connect to the RC no matter what I did.  It took me hours and hours of trying every possible combination just like so many others have said.  I finally got it to connect, but couldn't tell you exactly what sequence of steps finally led to success.  It was waaaaay harder than it should have been and this has clearly been a very long standing bug in the firmware.  DJI = slick hardware, crappy software, even worse software support.
2018-7-16
Use props
Bilacus
lvl.2
Sweden

Bilacus Posted at 2018-7-16 03:25
Bought a Mavic Air with the Fly More combo for €1200 in April and flew a couple of times using the remote and an iPhone 8. Even got the expensive extra insurance.
Packed all my photo gear, including the Mavic, in June and went on a holiday trip that included three photo jobs for customers.
End of story. Not a second of drone action since then.

Sent it back now, and hoping for a total refund. I just don't trust this company.

Here's a tweet from another disappointed customer, who bought the Mavic Air for a motorcycle trip from England to the North Cape and found that the remote just would not connect anymore:
https://twitter.com/MissendenFlyer/status/1022421046832640000

RC technology has been around for a long time. I flew model airplanes in the 70s without problems. This remote control should connect on start up, or at very least at the press of a button. There's no need for users to have to go through all these stages to make it work.
Connecting a device to your phone through USB/Lightning is exteremely reliable. I connect my iPhone to computers, external storage media, cameras, speakers and it never fails. Expect with the DJI remote.

I've been using Nikon cameras for more than thirty years, but if a brand new €1200 camera stopped working in the box and Nikon support told me to follow the manual and watch Youtube clips, I can assure you I would be shooting with Canon or Sony gear the next day!

I think this product should be recalled by the manufacturer under GPS Regulations /RAPEX.
2018-7-26
Use props
jonascomph
New
Brazil

Anyone with a solution?
I live in Brazil and just purchased a Mavic Air.
It flies with WIFI but is just impossible to connect with the RC.

I really tried everything in all these foruns and still nothing.
2018-9-14
Use props
Lolik12345
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256493 ft
  • >>>
Israel

jonascomph Posted at 2018-9-14 13:13
Anyone with a solution?
I live in Brazil and just purchased a Mavic Air.
It flies with WIFI but is just impossible to connect with the RC.

hi to all!
problem linking rc to ac after switch to wifi mode  phone to ac!

i have found that if you switch to wifi mode and change the wifi to fcc  one of channels above 161 there is no problem to go back and re link the RC to AC.
tested after reboot the ac  its still in wifi mode and its possible to reconnect via wifi .

note : if you connect to ac via wifi and you operate the system in CE mode and try then to re link the RC to AC it will not be possible and the wifi mode will be dissabled.
you will need to make ac reset 3 beep mode and hold the button 30 secs more then power off and on t the ac try to relink  the rc to ac.

my conclusion is that if the ac in CE mode and ac will power off you'll not be able to reconnect the ac via wifi or RC relink.

regards to all

2018-10-2
Use props
Eylog Co-sa
lvl.1

Italy

this is outrageous!
i will not be as polite as the others here and i say that it is dji's fault that my vacation has been ruined! you pay a whole lot of money and get a buggy and lame product in return! i am visiting italy (amalfi coast) and after connecting my drone to phone via wifi (i wanted to use it as a gimbal) the drone won't connect again to the rc and my drone is useless now! i carried it all the way here hoping to film my vacation and get sh*t!
i can't understand how a company charging such a price for a product nit taking care of such basic operations and do not solve a problem so common.

shame on you dji!

i hope someone have a solution for this issue and can help mesave my vacation.
2018-10-4
Use props
twister00
New

Hi I bought my Mavic Air a few months ago. Everything was fine : I only used the RC and pairing was easy. Then it crashed and I sent it back for repair to DJI (great, fast service!) and got a new drone. Since I got the new one, I cannot pair it with with my old RC. It works when I use it directly with my iPhone X (even though GPS signal seems to be missing a lot of times) but no way I can pair it with the RC (times out after 60 seconds of loud RC bips...). What should I do? Send it back to DJI? (What happened to those who did that?).
Thanks!
2018-10-7
Use props
jpino72
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

OrlandoP Posted at 2-21 13:32
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, that is the standard procedure and it is not working. I have tried a thousand times with different devices and still the same problem. Hoping they release a firmware soon that fixes this problem.

In the meantime, my Mavic Air is a $1,000 paperweight.

Hola, realiza este procedimiento.
1.- prende el mavic Air.
2.- Presiona el boton de función trasero por 35 segundos.
3.- apaga y vuelve a prender la aeronave.
4.- realiza el proceso de emparejamiento ordinario. (Solo presionando la combinación de 3 botones en la RC y luego una pulsación al boton de función en la aeronave)

Listo q volar. Me comentas luego.
2018-11-14
Use props
fansd70583f3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1050 ft
Israel

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-11 01:03
Hi there, please refer to the tutorial below and link the RC and AC again. If it doesn't help, would you mind providing me with the operating video, the firmware info of the drone and RC? You can check the version info via DJI Assistant 2. I would like to check. Thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnp3PQiJ6s&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOeP6CJM0vmkDB0onco2V2i&index=6

I have the EXACT same problem.  No connection possible after trying ONCE to link phone to drone by wifi. I did everything on this blog including the video. Boy working. Very frustrating as I'm on vacation and bought this done for this trip.  Fudge!
2019-1-5
Use props
fansd70583f3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1050 ft
Israel

fans24dcb42d Posted at 2018-2-26 03:51
SITUATION SOLVED. ALREADY 2 USERS HAVE DONE IT AND WORKED.

1. RESET FACTORY SETTING ON THE MAVIC AIR.

I tried this. And it didn't work for me.
2019-1-14
Use props
djiuser_X6nuX80RB2wu
lvl.1

United States

hi
Friends did not find a solution to this problem???
2019-1-15
Use props
djiuser_X6nuX80RB2wu
lvl.1

Iran

Hello
After connecting to another computer, the device did not link to the remote control. Due to the fact that in Iran there were not dji representatives, I had to use another mavic air and remote to test the remote and the mavic air from another device. After the test, we realized that the problem with the device was from the mavic air. Since I was working on repairing electronic devices, I opened the device after a general review with a particular item

I had an mavic air on the left arm of the antenna cable, but there was not an antenna itself, which unfortunately caused this problem in the production line and did not show up in the testing phase of this deviceDue to the environment without noise.

I forgot to take pictures during repair, but I found this photo on the Internet for more understanding
Remove the frame on the antenna to open and view the fiber of the antenna
I hope that the same problem will be solved
2019-1-19
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a similar issue when I was messing about via wifi control only. Don't remember what I did to reconnect it but I remember it being a frustrating process. DJI - Any video guide on this?
2019-1-20
Use props
fans16935f82
lvl.1

Colombia

For the people that had this issue in another country, and cannot connect via WIFI in order to change back to FCC mode- what was the solution!?

I have my Android spoofing my location as back in the US- but I can't get the AC to broadcast a SSID in order for it to connect with the phone.

Thanks for any help!
2019-5-5
Use props
fans16935f82
lvl.1

Colombia

If anyone else has this happened to them, I did the GPS change, but it didn't work.
What finally worked was phone in airplane mode, GPS showing USA, press and hold the back button for 30+ seconds long after the triple beep. I would hold for three beeps but that never worked. Holding for like a minute then press again for two beeps got my SSID back. After that I was golden.

2019-5-5
Use props
josephmdjm
lvl.1
United States

Any solutions? 2019 and the same problem happened to me... does anyone has a solution?
2019-5-22
Use props
djiuser_UWg9VVUzAdFc
lvl.1

United States

josephmdjm Posted at 5-22 09:53
Any solutions? 2019 and the same problem happened to me... does anyone has a solution?

This method worked for me (at least temporary):

Start the connection search on the remote. Then hold the “secret” button till the 3 beep reset, wait about 2 seconds, then a quick 1 beep to connect worked for me. This was also right after doing a factory reset through DJI assistant 2.
2019-6-8
Use props
fans5ba78ed8
New

Russia

Here is the problem I came across. Everything worked fine but today I turned on Mavic Air and it couldn't connect to the remote. I pressed and hold the rear button, but it didn't beep. It doesn't respond to pressing and holding the button. Yellow indicator flashes all the way. I tried the latest update via DJI Assistant but it didn't help.
Is there any other way to solve the problem?
2019-6-9
Use props
fans0c4dc647
lvl.1

Australia

Hi there, I recently bought Dji Air, I’m trying to link the RC to the Dji Air however it’s not linking.
There’s a solid green light. When I turn on the Dji Air, there’s no sound whatever it just turns on and goes to solid green light does not blink or any sound when I turn on the drone
Tried to link with rc however cannot link, tried to find the drone via wifi unable to locate
Appreciate if anyone could help me out
image.jpg
2019-6-22
Use props
Herman1967
lvl.1

Netherlands

I wish I read about all the bugs before I bought a DJI drone in june 2018. From day 1 it had a lot of trouble to connect. The solution from Faisalx21 helped and the drone did work. But two weeks ago I want to fly after a short brake. After connecting the smartphone the app forced me to update the firmware of the remote control. Since then the trouble is back and I can't connect. I also can't downgrade the firmware.

I tried to contact the DJI helpdesk, but that's one big joke. The come with solutions that don't work. And if you respond to the mail, guess what? You never hear from them agian!

So I totaly regret I choosed for this worthless brand. I paid a lot of money for something tat doesn't work.
2020-1-30
Use props
djiuser_TRa3xrZJe2Ga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 925 ft
Israel

fans16935f82 Posted at 2019-5-5 10:43
If anyone else has this happened to them, I did the GPS change, but it didn't work.
What finally worked was phone in airplane mode, GPS showing USA, press and hold the back button for 30+ seconds long after the triple beep. I would hold for three beeps but that never worked. Holding for like a minute then press again for two beeps got my SSID back. After that I was golden.

Worked for me. Thank you.
2020-7-8
Use props
djiuser_TRa3xrZJe2Ga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 925 ft
Israel

djiuser_UWg9VVUzAdFc Posted at 2019-6-8 17:12
This method worked for me (at least temporary):

Start the connection search on the remote. Then hold the “secret” button till the 3 beep reset, wait about 2 seconds, then a quick 1 beep to connect worked for me. This was also right after doing a factory reset through DJI assistant 2.

Wow! Connected!
Thank you.
2020-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules