Can't link remote after connecting Mavic Air via WiFi
40504 221 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6d221976
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134370 ft
Dominican Republic

I have the same issue.  I have tried everything above but still get the "Remote Controller Linking Timed Out" message.
2018-2-18
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

OrlandoP Posted at 2018-2-11 19:16
Hi DJI Thor,

Here is the video of all the ways I have tried to link the remote to the Mavic Air:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKhZunJ_O4w

I had the same thing after having the Air in WiFi mode. I tried your second way with the app and linking the RC to the craft. It wasn't working in the 60 seconds.
Guess what, I was using an android device. Then a friend came in with his iphone and he tried it and it worked at first try. After that my RC was linked to craft and I won't unlink it from now on.
So if you don't have a second phone to try, then try to de-install the Go app and install it again after reboot of your phone. Go directly in the camera view and in the RC settings and link to aircraft. before that power on the aircraft and push the function button on the back fro 2 seconds until you hear one beep. then start the linking process.
If that won't work. Try to factory rest the aircraft via DJI assistant first.
2018-2-19
Use props
fans9e02d90d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138 ft
Dominican Republic

Same problem
I bought it to make great pictures / videos...
It worked 5mn with the rc, 5mn with the phone and... Now nothing work.
I bought Djibouti because I thought it was great products...  Seems I was wrong.
Finally my gopro is more usefull, I had a gopro 1,a 3, and now a 5 and I never had this kind of troubles.
Maybe Dji should call gopro to learn to develop software !!
2018-2-20
Use props
fans9e02d90d
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Dji not Djibouti
2018-2-20
Use props
djiuser_E9vOa0DFCDfX
New
France

Hi. I have the same problem.
this afternoon, i try this : (sorry, icant post the adress. i copy the text at the end of the message)
and it seems work better !

After hold the button on the mavic air, remote beep during 20 sec, and it links !!!

i hope it's same for you !

linking-the-remote-controller-dji-mavic-air

LINKING THE REMOTE CONTROLLER – DJI MAVIC AIR
In this post, we will look at how to connect the DJI Mavic Air with the remote controller that is included with the drone. For this make sure the remote and drone are charged and you have access to a mobile device.

If the controller has a red LED then you need to link your controller, your Mavic Air will also have a yellow light on the rear of the drone.

2. Connect your device to the DJI Mavic Air Controller and launch DJI Go 4 and click start flight, then enter camera view

3. Go to settings

4. Remote controller then link Remote Controller

5. Click OK

6. Hold the button on the back of the Mavic Air for about 3 seconds, don’t release until the beep is heard

7. Your controller should now be linked if it failed to restart the aircraft, remote and DJI Go 4 and try again.

2018-2-21
Use props
OrlandoP
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

djiuser_E9vOa0DFCDfX Posted at 2018-2-21 11:51
Hi. I have the same problem.
this afternoon, i try this : (sorry, icant post the adress. i copy the text at the end of the message)
and it seems work better !

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, that is the standard procedure and it is not working. I have tried a thousand times with different devices and still the same problem. Hoping they release a firmware soon that fixes this problem.

In the meantime, my Mavic Air is a $1,000 paperweight.
2018-2-21
Use props
fans1579c9c8
New

Cambodia

So I bought the Mavic Air 4 days ago and after the latest update I got the same problem. I connected my phone yesterday to tried it out, only now when I try to conect my RC it won’t work. So I can still conect to it with my phone but when I try the RC the timers just runs out. I also tried it with some one from DJI true the chat but with no results. The bigger problem is, I’m traveling true Asia and I bought it in Singapore at the Apple store. So I live in the Netherlands and won’t be back home for months. I’m stuck now with a expensive drone and can’t record really my travel what I really wanted to.
2018-2-21
Use props
Nick Oudenes
New

Cambodia

So I finaly did it, figure it out How it work. Its bugged and I’m stil of opinion it’s the software.

So what I did.

Cleared the catch in the DJI go 4 app, and put the RC in search. So you have to be really fast, turn the drone on, search, it won’t work I get that, then reset it while searching 3 beeps, fast after it reset push the button again for 1 beep. The RC would say linked or of its time out search again fast.

It doesn’t make any sense I know but i think it’s between the reset and fast to link mode what would do it.

This worked for me, I hope so it does for you guys!
2018-2-22
Use props
OrlandoP
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

Nick Oudenes Posted at 2018-2-22 03:07
So I finaly did it, figure it out How it work. Its bugged and I’m stil of opinion it’s the software.

So what I did.

Ok, let me see if I get this:

Turn on the remote.
Set the RC remote in linking mode.
Press the button on the back of the Mavic until I hear one beep (standard procedure).
After the Mavic stops blinking red, press the button on the back of the Mavic until I hear 3 beeps.
Press the button on the back of the Mavic once again until I hear one beep.
All this, while the RC is searching.

I tried that five times with android and iPhone and nothing, still times out. Got excited for a second thinking it might work.

I deleted the cache and data from Android. In the iPhone, I deleted and reinstalled the app. Still not working.
2018-2-22
Use props
fans9e02d90d
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

I have innstalled dji assistant 2 on my laptop.
I have connected the mavic air with usb and selected Restore to initial configuration (maybe not exactly this sentence cause it was in french !).
Then I have done the standard procedure for connecting thé rc and.... IT WORKS
I hope it will continue !!

Sorry my English is not perfect...  Frenchie on the forum.
2018-2-22
Use props
djshotty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3553 ft
Australia

I had a bit of an issue just today hooking up with my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ on Android Nougat 7.0. To fix it, I wiped all of my phone's Saved WiFi Networks, pressed the flashing bar at the aft end of the aircraft, then auto-connected through the DJI4 app by scanning the barcode on the small zippered box the aircraft fits in. Ever since I got my drone Mavic Air I've found the location of the barcode on the aircraft itself -
at the side right near a propeller leg - makes reading it with the phone quite difficult, especially if the phone is locked in it's cradle below the controller. The thing is, as much as it's a tedious operation once you've got it your phone shouldn't forget your own aircraft's exclusive MAVIC_AIR-xxxxxx WiFi access point. If it does forget, or has further issues connecting to the aircraft's network, then something's gone wrong with your phone. Networking 101 teaches us that it's the client's responsibility to know how to connect to the server, while the server's only responsibility is to allow all clients which send it the correct preconfigured parameters (such as SSID and password) to connect.
2018-2-22
Use props
fans5e7f6655
lvl.1
Germany

does anyone find a solution why the rc does not connect to the magic air? I have the same issue. connect via only phone and wifi does work (connection) but if I try to connect the rc to the magic air it will not work. both have newest firmware, I press the button on the magic until it beeps one. any tipp to try to get the connection work? thanks for any help. Jan
2018-2-24
Use props
fans24dcb42d
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Same issue here. Cant connect the mavic air.
2018-2-25
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Netherlands

I need to re-link the RC and the Mavic after using WiFi, buy it always works. I wish it didn't need a re-link but i hope a firmware update will fix this.
2018-2-25
Use props
fans24dcb42d
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Hi Orlando I see you are fron Dominican Republic. Can we get in touch via Whatsapp aboutt your problem. Exactly same thing on my mavic. My number is 809-796-2816
2018-2-25
Use props
fans24dcb42d
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

SITUATION SOLVED. ALREADY 2 USERS HAVE DONE IT AND WORKED.

1. RESET FACTORY SETTING ON THE MAVIC AIR.
2. DOWNGRADE RC FIRMWARE.
3. ALL THIS USING DJI ASSIST. IF RC IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY DJ ASSIST INSTALL PREVIOUS VERSION FOR DRIVER THEN THE LATEST ONE.
4. REMOVE BATTERY IN THE DRONE FOR 10 MINUTES OR MORE. LEAVE IT BATTERY LESS.
5. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP. CHANGE LOCATION. FEW MILES AWAY. GO TO A PARK. ANYTHING WITH MORE OPEN SPACE.
6. START DRONE AND PAIR GIVING THE NORMAL PROCEDURE.

IT WORKED FOR ME. ALSO FOR ANOTHER MATE IN THE SAME SITUATION. AFTER THAT UPGRADE RC FIRMWARE.
2018-2-26
Use props
LeBT
lvl.2
Vietnam

I have exactly same problem: after opening box, upgrade firmware, connect by wifi, then cannot link again RC with drone.

I think the problem is from the new firmware. I guest the reason of the problem is follow: different countries have different regulations, etc. in radio frequency domain. So in some countries, when your drone/RC detects the location by GPS, it will switch to the radio frequency settings for that country. When you connect by wifi, it will lost information of pairing (frequency) between RC and drone. So when you re-link your RC and drone, both RC and drone will scan only in the frequency range permitted by your country (radio frequency settings preset in the firmware), and here the bug comes. May be due to the restriction of frequency range, RC frequency scan and drone frequency scan cannot match each other (when they are scan, the drone's arm-leds will red flash and the RC will beep beep).

I did not try yet fans24dcb42d's solution (because my lovely seller exchange a new Mavic Air for me ), but I think it will be ok.
2018-2-26
Use props
heeelga
New
Germany

LeBT Posted at 2018-2-26 04:43
I have exactly same problem: after opening box, upgrade firmware, connect by wifi, then cannot link again RC with drone.

I think the problem is from the new firmware. I guest the reason of the problem is follow: different countries have different regulations, etc. in radio frequency  domain. So in some countries, when your drone/RC detects the location  by GPS, it will switch to the radio frequency settings for that country. When you connect by wifi, it will lost information of pairing (frequency) between RC and drone. So when you re-link your RC and drone, both RC and drone will scan only in the frequency range permitted by your country (radio frequency settings preset in the firmware), and here the bug comes. May be due to the restriction of frequency range, RC frequency scan and drone frequency scan cannot match each other (when they are scan, the drone's arm-leds will red flash and the RC will beep beep).

This is quite interesting.
I have the same issue and I was able to pair my Mavic Air a few days ago in Autria when I was in vacation. I'm absolutely unable to pair it again in Germany. I will try the solution posted by fans24 later on today. This issue is driving me nuts. I'm unable to pair my Mavic neither via RC nor via wifi.

BTW: After succesfully pairing my Mavic in Autria I had various serious problems, e.g. ISO and shutter values gone crazy in automatic mode.
Hopefully they will fix ther FW soon.
2018-2-26
Use props
fans9e02d90d
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Don't know if it will help, but :
- I was in France when I have made the firmware update
- I was in Dominican Republic when I made my first tests (and had problems)

Now it works and I hope it will continue when back in France (this week-end)
2018-2-26
Use props
LeBT
lvl.2
Vietnam

@fans9e02d90d, once they are paired, it will be ok.

Unless you unpair (link by wifi with your mobile phone) then it may be cannot link with RC again.
2018-2-26
Use props
fans9e02d90d
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

I'll keep you informed when back in France .

... But I hope Dji will find à solution soon !
2018-2-27
Use props
fans44f2c22b
New
United States

Same issue here. This should not be this complicated. Just imagine how many hours we have all wasted collectively. Very very dissapointing. I hve bought every DJI drone model in the past and this is the worst experience ever! I am returning this Mavic Air. Went to Africa with this drone and got nothing because of this issue. So annoying.
2018-2-27
Use props
djiuser_nrVZ17llVwii
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8556 ft
Singapore

Hi everyone. I had the same issue with my Mavic air. I paid it with wifi, and was unable to link my controller. Tried all possible ways, no use. This is what I did to finally get it communicating with the controller again. I uninstalled the dji go 4.rebooted the phone (SAMSUNG S8), enabled USB debugging from the developer menu, and installed dji go 4 again. Turned on the drone, turned on the controller, started the go4 app and used the camera view to pair the controller again. It worked. I did not alter the firmware, neither did I downgrade nor upgrade the firmware, SS I am travelling and I do not have my MacBook. So no dji assistant was used. How this will be of use. If any one of you manage to connect this way then please post it here, so it will be helpful for others and may be dji will  include this in trouble shooting faq. Thank you and have fun but fly safe.
2018-2-27
Use props
CSMelzer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182808 ft
United States

I had the same problem!! Connectivity is horrible after switching to WIFI mode just once to use the camera without flying... NEVER AGAIN. I finally got it restored with the RC and on the second flight the drone randomly lost signal despite being about 50 ft out and only 75 ft in the air. Luckily i had set the accurate home point because I was surrounded by trees and parked vehicles and the drone returned home just fine but it certainly scared me. After loosing signal that time the drone REFUSED to re-link with the RC despite following all directions until i preformed a hard reset (three beeps) 3 times. It finally reluctantly linked back up but I definitely have less trust in the drone than i did prior to today. Not happy with the fact that it may decide to disconnect randomly again. Hopefully DJI can figure out this problem and patch firmware accordingly. Until then I'll be flying close.
2018-2-28
Use props
Voltair
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1804 ft
Vietnam

Is there a working solution jet? I’m from Germany (activated the mavic air there) and traveling trough Vietnam right now. Everything works well the last couple of days until I tried to connect my iphone8 directly. That doesn’t work and till then, even the rc connection won’t work. I tried all described steps in this tread.

I think my case supports the country specific WiFi / rc restrictions and regulations mentioned above.

Please dji: release an update ASAP!
2018-2-28
Use props
djiuser_nrVZ17llVwii
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8556 ft
Singapore

Voltair Posted at 2018-2-28 00:33
Is there a working solution jet? I’m from Germany (activated the mavic air there) and traveling trough Vietnam right now. Everything works well the last couple of days until I tried to connect my iphone8 directly. That doesn’t work and till then, even the rc connection won’t work. I tried all described steps in this tread.

I think my case supports the country specific WiFi / rc restrictions and regulations mentioned above.

Did you try uninstalling go 4 rebooting your phone and reinstalling the go 4 from Apple store?
2018-2-28
Use props
Voltair
lvl.1
Vietnam

djiuser_nrVZ17llVwii Posted at 2018-2-28 08:50
Did you try uninstalling go 4 rebooting your phone and reinstalling the go 4 from Apple store?

Yes, tried that. :/
2018-2-28
Use props
LeBT
lvl.2
Vietnam

Did you try this?

3. ALL THIS USING DJI ASSIST. IF RC IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY DJ ASSIST INSTALL PREVIOUS VERSION FOR DRIVER THEN THE LATEST ONE.
5. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP. CHANGE LOCATION. FEW MILES AWAY. GO TO A PARK. ANYTHING WITH MORE OPEN SPACE.

IT WORKED FOR ME. ALSO FOR ANOTHER MATE IN THE SAME SITUATION. AFTER THAT UPGRADE RC FIRMWARE.
2018-2-28
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118766 ft
Fiji

Is there any way to downgrade without using DJI assistant? No computer here..traveling and frustrated when I wanted to take some pictures and that stupid thing wouldn't connect
2018-2-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Switch of WiFi on your tablet and connect the tablet to the controller with the cable as you are supposed to do it

I think the WiFi is grabbing the last connection as they do and disabling the controller link.

So Switch off all Wi Fi in Tablet and try again

Dennis
2018-2-28
Use props
Voltair
lvl.1
Vietnam

dorius_23 Posted at 2018-2-28 23:12
Is there any way to downgrade without using DJI assistant? No computer here..traveling and frustrated when I wanted to take some pictures and that stupid thing wouldn't connect

The same here. No computer reachable.
2018-3-1
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118766 ft
Fiji

Reinstalling DJI Go 4 (which took ages on the Fijian insland's internet speed) solved the issue for me.. I didn't touch any firmware ;)
Using iPhone 7.
Edit: I also removed the battery of the mavic for a couple of hours before trying..
2018-3-1
Use props
John TC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358 ft
United States

Hello All!

Well... i am another one with the same issue... after connecting the drone to the wifi, I cannot link it again to the RC....

where I can download the Mavic Air firmware to v01.00.0100??   i connected the Mavic air to the PC and it is only showing up the version v01.00.0200 from February 9.    I tried the factory reset option but it does not downgrade it either.

this is my first drone..   and i am so sad...

thanks...
2018-3-2
Use props
LeBT
lvl.2
Vietnam

John TC Posted at 2018-3-2 08:26
Hello All!

Well... i am another one with the same issue... after connecting the drone to the wifi, I cannot link it again to the RC....

Try as following:

Note: Downgrade RC firmware. That's Remote Control (RC), not downgrade the drone (Aircraft).

2018-3-2
Use props
Voltair
lvl.1
Vietnam

Its getting worse: found a iMac in a hostel, installed Dji Assistent 2, resets the firmware of the rc without any problem. But still won’t connect the rc to the aircraft. :/ Than I wanted to connect the Mavic air to Dji Assistent but it doesn’t show off! The problem seems to be the aircraft itself. Any suggestions why the Mavic is not visible in Dji Assistent? All images and videos are visible!
2018-3-4
Use props
fansff993c0e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246808 ft
Germany

OrlandoP Posted at 2018-2-10 11:38
I have pressed the back button on the Mavic until I get one beep (about 3 seconds), and the timer times out after 60 seconds. It is the procedure as stated in the manual.

Make sure the WiFi on your mobile device(s) is turned off. (Phone and Tablet)
2018-3-4
Use props
LeBT
lvl.2
Vietnam

Voltair Posted at 2018-3-4 02:40
Its getting worse: found a iMac in a hostel, installed Dji Assistent 2, resets the firmware of the rc without any problem. But still won’t connect the rc to the aircraft. :/ Than I wanted to connect the Mavic air to Dji Assistent but it doesn’t show off! The problem seems to be the aircraft itself. Any suggestions why the Mavic is not visible in Dji Assistent? All images and videos are visible!

Dji Assistant 2 (DA2) needs admin rights to install low-level drivers. Did you have admin account when installing DA2 on iMac?

DA2 should recognize the aircraft (AC) to be able reset factory setting (step 1).

How about step 5? Did you follow it strictly?  

Today, I knew about EC mode and FCC mode. They relate to radio regulations. I think you could use Fake GPS app to fake the location, then you may link the RC and AC again. See here  
2018-3-4
Use props
Grononosse
lvl.1
France

OK,... I'm back to France and I now have to made tests to know if it still works, and to see what happens if I connect drone to my phone and then tries back with the rc but....  

DJI, WHAT THE HELL ARE DOING THE DEVELOPERS ??? !!

This problem should be solved from a moment now !! I have a brand new toy and each time I want to use it i'm afraid to know if it will work
2018-3-4
Use props
John TC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358 ft
United States

Ok.. I can confirm that the solution provided in previous chat worked for me:
Note: Downgrade RC firmware. That's Remote Control (RC), not downgrade the drone (Aircraft).

Now.. let me clarify something in my case....   I was not able to see the wifi option in the mavic air either...     I drove to an open field follow up the procedure but after SEVERAL (SEVERAL, SEVERAL) tries, I gave up and updated the RC firmware too through the cell phone signal... then after the 4th or 5th try, it got connected....

Also, I linked the Mavic Air through the option of the DJI App BUT, instead of going through the "camera view option", I went with the "Connect to the aircraft" and then "wired Option"...

Another thing that I think it was causing the problem was my "Samsung Gear S3 Sport"...   i cant confirm or verify it, but after I finally got the MA and the RC connected, the compass was screwed... so the blinking lights was also telling me that there was an issue...  I tried to follow the procedures to calibrate the compass but it was showing the error of calibration and that there was a disturbing in the magnetic field and failed the calibration every time...  that's when i saw my wrist and saw that demonic watch... i took it off and the compass was calibrated in just a couple of spins...

not sure...  but maybe the radio frequency affects the signal of the remote??     i am asking because when i was doing the calibration through the remote, there was a pop up message saying that i need to verify the frequency...  

but well... i just want to tell everyone that there is a solution and it works for me....   took SEVERAL tries... and I mean Several... I charged the batteries at least 2 times each one of the three that I have....

good luck to everyone!
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

MorningGlory Posted at 2018-2-11 02:13
What do you mean by Operating Video?  Here is the firmware info, note that the RC doe not restore to Factory settings...

[view_image]

I am terribly sorry for the late reply due to some reasons. Did your issue resolve? Your AC and RC's firmware are mismatched, which means the possibility of the failed linking. So had you tried to upgrade the RC? Please try and see if the upgrade finishes successfully.
2018-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules