Osmo Mobile 2 not working out of the box.
8901 8 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans21b7950c
lvl.1
United States

My Osmo was delivered yesterday.  I charged it up right way and then could not get it to work.  I downloaded the app and it did a firmware upgrade.  Then I balanced the phone, IPhone X, and nothing happens.  When I power it up I get the 3 white lights and the green flashes for a few seconds then turns red.  I can use the camera button to take pictures or start a video, but the joystick does not work.  There is no movement from the motors at all.

Is there a way to do a rest?  Any advice before I take it back to Apple?
2018-2-10
Use props
fans21b7950c
lvl.1
United States

Ok, I reviewed the online manual and found the solid red light is a sign of a failed firmware upgrade.  Now I want to know how to fix this.

Any ideas?
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for the trouble caused, solid red means firmware upgrade failed.
Please reboot the Osmo Mobile 2 device and DJI Go APP, then connect to Bluetooth and update the firmware again via DJI Go APP.
Please let us know if it works, thank you.
2018-2-10
Use props
fans21b7950c
lvl.1
United States

I have powered the OSMO on and off and deleted and reinstalled the app.  After a reset the bluetooth connection and open the app it does not offer a chance to re-install the firmware.  The app can see the OSMO Mobile 2 and that they are connected.  When I click on settings on the app it does show the correct firmware number.   How can I force a redo of the firmware upgrade.  I have tried using different phones and cannot get the firmware upgrade to start.

Thanks for you help
2018-2-12
Use props
fans21b7950c
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-10 22:58
Hi there, we are sorry for the trouble caused, solid red means firmware upgrade failed.
Please reboot the Osmo Mobile 2 device and DJI Go APP, then connect to Bluetooth and update the firmware again via DJI Go APP.
Please let us know if it works, thank you.

see my comments in the next post.  sorry I did not respond directly to this post.
2018-2-12
Use props
fans757e9f2e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4178396 ft
  • >>>
United States

mine wont even move outta the box
2018-2-12
Use props
Jamesdpayton83
New
Flight distance : 90440 ft
United States

my bluetooth connection is dead days just two days after arrival.  gimble works and stabilizes phone, but i have the same constant red light as you.  bluetooth will not connect and cannot be found.
2018-2-15
Use props
fans21b7950c
lvl.1
United States

Returned the first one to Apple and the second one was delivered in 3 days.  

This one works!!!
2018-2-15
Use props
Karol2019
lvl.1
Poland

Jamesdpayton83 Posted at 2018-2-15 10:17
my bluetooth connection is dead days just two days after arrival.  gimble works and stabilizes phone, but i have the same constant red light as you.  bluetooth will not connect and cannot be found.

did not work with iphone 7, waste of money,
exactly: the camera control functions do not work
2018-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules