Quit your crying......
1843 19 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cjfguard
lvl.1

United States

Long time quad flyer. Just attended the DJI new pilots expo/ class and was really impressed. I ordered my 1st phantom ever yesterday. Browsing the forums here for good info, tips, fellow pilot talk, but I'm seeing a ton of crying....
Where's my free backpack?  Waaaaaa
Shipping is taking too long? Waaaaa
I'm switching manufacturers! Waaaaaa

The technology you are getting for under $1500 is awesome. And guess what? Probably less than a year from now there will be something better. Welcome to the real world of tech. Deal with it. Get your card out, go fly and have fun, take some great photos, shoot some 4k.
Will this thing be perfect? Nope!
Can you find anything even close to this level of quad for the price? Nope!

But, but..... I can build my own......
Great, awesome, go do it.

Go ahead and gimme some heat. I'm sure the whiners will be out in force.

Save some posts on here for people that want progress in the forum.

See ya!

2015-4-29
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

Great post! I will go outside now and fly my phantom just like you suggested. Oh wait, I can't, there is no iOS app that will allow me to fly the device.

What's your next suggestion?

All joking aside, I really wish that there was a way to fly it without the need for an app.
2015-4-29
Use props
Cjfguard
lvl.1

United States

That's funny! Is there really no way to start the bird? I saw another post that said you can fly with no app.
2015-4-29
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

Free backpack?  Waaaaaaa?
2015-4-29
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

Cjfguard@gmail. Posted at 2015-4-30 05:49
That's funny! Is there really no way to start the bird? I saw another post that said you can fly wit ...

No way to start it with iOS. Luckily I had an old Droid phone and was able to get it going that way. I think the reason why you can't get it in the air out-of-the-box is because you need the app to register for the warranty. That is the first thing that comes up when you open the app.

Now that I have registered it with the Android app, I can fly it without the app.

2015-4-29
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

3 .....2......1......
We are gonna have the first crashes and flyaways because we all are fiddling and flying without the app.....

I'm just going to cuddle mine until the app comes out. Patience furthers.
2015-4-29
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-4-30 09:16
3 .....2......1......
We are gonna have the first crashes and flyaways because we all are fiddling a ...

lol... I am also going to wait. I was able to get it setup on android, but the app crashes when I take off. I am just going to wait until the iOS app is released so that I don't risk a fly away.
2015-4-29
Use props
Rothgarr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470663 ft
United States

Same here. Mine arrives tomorrow but I'm keeping mine grounded until the iOS app is officially released. In the meantime I'll just hold it in my hands and pretend to fly it like my kids do with toys... (I'll even make sound effects)
2015-4-30
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Cjfguard How long have you been a DJI customer?
2015-4-30
Use props
w_aldinger
lvl.1

United States

Android app is now another 2 days out! WAAAAA   LOL
2015-4-30
Use props
Cjfguard
lvl.1

United States

Michael Starley Posted at 2015-4-30 19:45
Cjfguard How long have you been a DJI customer?

It says in my post above. This is my first DJI purchase.
2015-4-30
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
United States

Enjoy the bird.She should do you well.
2015-4-30
Use props
cziakas
lvl.3

United States

Loved the post!!!!  There are pros and cons to all purchases and with every customer support regardless of the item. Some people will love customer support and some will hate it. Do your research, make an informed decision and deal with it.

However, the app not being available is just poor project management on DJI's part.  Apple takes a long time to approve apps (known issue) and they can reject your app (again, known issue). DJI could have planned for Apples lead time and added contingency to their project plan for rejection.
2015-4-30
Use props
marksoden
lvl.2

Canada

Thumbs up for the post as well.  It's painful trying to get useful information out of the forum when the same people are thread hopping to cry about delivery or being lucky enough to get delivery but
then it's something else.  Hey, it feels like Christmas for me too but I'm not acting 3 years old about it.  New tech is mouth watering but the peeps are taking that for granted.
2015-4-30
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
United States

Wait For It
2015-4-30
Use props
NoOne
lvl.2
Italy

Rothgarr Posted at 2015-4-30 19:31
Same here. Mine arrives tomorrow but I'm keeping mine grounded until the iOS app is officially relea ...

(I'll even make sound effects) ---> LOL !
2015-4-30
Use props
korling
lvl.1
United States

I like your post, but that doesn't mean we all shouldn't expect a little better after-service from DJI. Excellent value - for less than the price of a quality camera lens, we are getting an incredible piece of kit.
2015-4-30
Use props
randywgreen
lvl.2

United States

and also please remove the piece of foam rubber from the gimbal, the clear sticker over the lens, get the firmware update, and calibrate from the app made for the P3(once available)  before posting that your new P3 seems to have issues.
2015-4-30
Use props
korling
lvl.1
United States

randywgreen@gma Posted at 2015-4-30 23:13
and also please remove the piece of foam rubber from the gimbal, the clear sticker over the lens, ge ...

In other words, read the directions - I think we all are guilty of that on occasion, but we shouldn't be blaming DJI
2015-4-30
Use props
Jstic
lvl.1

United States

Lighten up kids, this is a hobby for 99% of us. Is it really going to make that much difference in your life if you have to wait a day or two to be able to fly your adult toy? The way some people cry and whine in this forum and others, you would think they need to fly their quad just to be able to survive.

Got a suggestion for the whiners if you just can't stand DJI. Return your P3 and purchase a Walkera, or go on 3DR's wait list and get that quad whenever. Then go on their forums and you will see the same complaints and cry babies, but twice as many. You'll feel right at home and should fit in nicely there.

Great post by OP, couldn't have said it better myself.
2015-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules