LOST CONNECTION - LOST DRONE
6212 50 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MWitarsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2058179 ft
Brazil

Sorry for your loss.  Hope you can find it and fly again soon.
2018-3-27
Use props
tw_stockman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16860 ft

crafchyk Posted at 2018-3-27 13:05
Man that sucks! So I'm thinking its same thing that happen to me but I wasn't able to find mine after  
4hrs of searching. I even had a police officer help me search the woods for like 30 min after he told me I should be flying in the park.  Hopefully DJI will be able to get more info from your drone and make you a better deal. Keep us posted and best of luck!

Yes it sounds similar indeed. Too bad I wasn't filming at that moment otherwise it would've been a bit easier to determine the cause. I'll keep you guys up to date on further progress!
2018-3-28
Use props
crafchyk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272195 ft
United States

tw_stockman Posted at 2018-3-28 07:13
Yes it sounds similar indeed. Too bad I wasn't filming at that moment otherwise it would've been a bit easier to determine the cause. I'll keep you guys up to date on further progress!

Same here, my cache was full and it didn't record  :/
2018-3-28
Use props
tw_stockman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16860 ft

Hi Guys,

Just a small update: DJI replaced my drone with a new one. Which I am very happy with! Thanks DJI! The only thing that I didn't receive yet is the detailed investigation of the .DAT files that they promised me. I asked about it again today so let's see if I get a reply.
2018-4-12
Use props
crafchyk
lvl.2
United States

tw_stockman Posted at 2018-4-12 11:14
Hi Guys,

Just a small update: DJI replaced my drone with a new one. Which I am very happy with! Thanks DJI! The only thing that I didn't receive yet is the detailed investigation of the .DAT files that they promised me. I asked about it again today so let's see if I get a reply.

That's great news!
I'm waiting two more weeks to purchase a replacement.
2018-4-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

crafchyk Posted at 2018-2-25 19:14
Well from what I understand, since I didn't have a video recording (my memory cache was full) I don't have enough proof to support my statement and what has actually happened. I would think that i had solid argument since the "return home" option was engaged during a take off and is shown it the flight record but it never returned home after lost connection.  I guess according to DJI tech support its perfectly normal and they didn't find any issues with the software and 30% discount makes it OK.   :/
I still think that DJI makes great equipment but thought they would stand a bit more behind their product.

Well from what I understand, since I didn't have a video recording (my memory cache was full) I don't have enough proof to support my statement and what has actually happened.

If DJI requires video recording, then they probably should build in a 30-second looping buffer that stops over-writting oldest part of video about 10-seconds after loss of connection, failure, or crash.  That would give DJI a video recording of last 20-seconds of flight stored on Smartdevice being used to fly the drone.

2018-4-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

crafchyk Posted at 2018-3-27 13:05
Man that sucks! So I'm thinking its same thing that happen to me but I wasn't able to find mine after  
4hrs of searching. I even had a police officer help me search the woods for like 30 min after he told me I should be flying in the park.  Hopefully DJI will be able to get more info from your drone and make you a better deal. Keep us posted and best of luck!

I even had a police officer help me search the woods for like 30 min

If you live nearby, I would go back and search a lot more.  Even invite family and friends to join a Search Party.

Search Party - Buy pizza and drinks after searching.   To make it really worth their while, offer a Reward to finder.
Reward - 15% of value of Drone, if it is found damaged (requires DJI repair work), and 25% if Drone is found undamaged (broken prop or scratches don't count).
Either way, you should come out ahead, being drone would give you evidence to provide to DJI.
2018-4-12
Use props
PetLabarak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 65512 ft
Canada

You know what, my mavic was flying A1 out of the box (last year), after few update, now my mavic pro lost connection and reconnect every damn flight.
Is it my fault ??? no i do recommended update. If i get a lost like you got, DJI will give me a 30% off on next pusrchase !? Sorry DJI there will no next purchase for me.
2018-4-12
Use props
crafchyk
lvl.2
United States

PetLabarak Posted at 2018-4-12 12:06
You know what, my mavic was flying A1 out of the box (last year), after few update, now my mavic pro lost connection and reconnect every damn flight.
Is it my fault ??? no i do recommended update. If i get a lost like you got, DJI will give me a 30% off on next pusrchase !? Sorry DJI there will no next purchase for me.

I hear ya. I wouldn't purchase another drone if I hadn't had all the accessories from DJI I spent money on  just sitting around my house.  But it my experience with my drone going MIA makes me kind of paranoid and not wanting to make another purchase.
2018-4-12
Use props
crafchyk
lvl.2
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-12 11:53
I even had a police officer help me search the woods for like 30 min

If you live nearby, I would go back and search a lot more.  Even invite family and friends to join a Search Party.

In my situation, its been almost 2 months since it went missing. I lost the hope of ever recovering it. I've been to the area multiple times since I lost it as I bike there a lot.
2018-4-12
Use props
samdelong90
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4578816 ft
  • >>>
United States

State Farm insures drones. Mine was $39 for a year and no deductable. I fly with more confidence now knowing "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there"
2018-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules