Mobile device connection with remote?
971 4 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Muleshoe2
lvl.2

United States

On the third page of the Quick Start guide, DJI shows a red line between the mobile device and the remote contol and labels it "Mobile Device Connection."

Is that a hard line? My Pro came with a white USB cable which was not listed on the "In the Box" sheet. Does the remote need a hard line from the mobile device?

I had planned to use my old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 but now I see it is 4.1.1 and needs to be 4.1.2. Can I download an upgrade, or should I buy a Tab 4 which is 4.4 Kit Kat. (I don't plan to use it on anything but the quad.) If the remote needs a hard line, neither Tab model has a USB port.

Sorry to be such an old school analog hound.

Thanks for any help.

2015-4-29
Use props
Tomer
lvl.1

Israel

You only need the USB cable right now. no need any "hard line".  it works only with Android.. and hopefully that in few days it will be compatible with apple devices too (you will need a different cable for apple devices).

Regarding your Galaxy version I'm not sure about it.. I tested  my P3 Pro with Galaxy S4 & S5 and it worked great.
2015-4-29
Use props
Muleshoe2
lvl.2

United States

Tomer Posted at 2015-4-30 06:50
You only need the USB cable right now. no need any "hard line".  it works only with Android.. and ho ...

Thanks, Tomer. So I need to go with an S4 or S5 since my Galaxy Tab doesn't have a USB port (or any other port) ?

By "hard line" I meant a USB cable. Wrong terminology I guess.

I appreciate your help!
2015-4-29
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

Muleshoe2 Posted at 2015-4-30 10:30
Thanks, Tomer. So I need to go with an S4 or S5 since my Galaxy Tab doesn't have a USB port (or an ...

You know how your Galaxy Tab comes with a charger that is an USB cable attached to a power block? Connect that cable (the usb end) to the Phantom's usb port. Done!
2015-4-29
Use props
Muleshoe2
lvl.2

United States

vmp Posted at 2015-4-30 10:33
You know how your Galaxy Tab comes with a charger that is an USB cable attached to a power block?  ...

Awesome thank you so much, vmp!

Maybe we can all get together at the end of the year and everyone can give me a swift kick in the butt. I got a freakin' TON of stupid questions before I get this thing in the air!!
2015-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules