What to do if....
595 7 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spready
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70581 ft
United Kingdom

Does anyone have a list made up of what to do if...

A) Drone flys away..lost!

B) Drone crashes

Including what software to use or what settings in app...

I have started compiling a couple but thought I would check to see if others had done the same.
Always best to be prepared for when it goes wrong!

Lastly, what software do people use to interegate the dat files recovered from drone - view logs/navigation etc..??

Thanks all
2018-2-11
Use props
lovec1990
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36158 ft
Slovenia

Well first you need too find it you can use find my drone function in DJI GO 4. second check damage if drone is damaged you can send too repair it or if its damaged severly buy a new drone
2018-2-11
Use props
thomasjakobsen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16867 ft

France

hi. im curious if you get any answers to all the above. i was flying it in the mountains, and turns out my RTH was almost 300meters off, and thedrone landed so i cant see it. i had 27% battery left.
i need to locate it, so i am curious if you got further in your research to your questions
2018-2-11
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

lovec1990 Posted at 2018-2-11 03:31
Well first you need too find it you can use find my drone function in DJI GO 4. second check damage if drone is damaged you can send too repair it or if its damaged severly buy a new drone

And you can sell your broken drone on Ebay as parts. Will help buy you a new one
2018-2-11
Use props
lovec1990
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36158 ft
Slovenia

thomasjakobsen Posted at 2018-2-11 07:51
hi. im curious if you get any answers to all the above. i was flying it in the mountains, and turns out my RTH was almost 300meters off, and thedrone landed so i cant see it. i had 27% battery left.
i need to locate it, so i am curious if you got further in your research to your questions

300 meters next time calibrate compass my RTH is off 2cm in light wind it lands where it took off
2018-2-11
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

lovec1990 Posted at 2018-2-11 08:06
300 meters next time calibrate compass my RTH is off 2cm in light wind it lands where it took off

I tested RTH today and was amazed with the enhanced landing feature just how close it got to where it took off!
2018-2-11
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

United States

My list for A case:
1. Play "Set me free" from my cell phone
2. Wave it goodbye

List for B case:
1. Probably attempt to fix it either myself or in some local repair shop for as cheap as possible.
2. Sell it (with disclosure it was crashed).
3. Get next new one.
I never fly crashed drones, unless they are designed for crashes (like racers ones). Safety first!!

2018-2-11
Use props
CarloUK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

On my first Mavic Air flight today it told me to calibrate the compass. Wise to do this on its first flight after being shipped across the world. Always check your RTH position on the map before flying.

Not that I'm a smart ass. But I read this and hence carry it out. Might of prevented your scenario
CARLO
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules