Version 4.2.6 Still Doesn’t fix goggles problem.
2392 20 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mecanique62 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11657 ft
United States

Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian, running latest software on everything.  IPad Air connected to USB, try to connect goggles through HDMI, as soon as I connect I loose Aircraft connection and goggles flash back and forth trying to connect.  I never do get a picture from the camera after connection.  This problem has been there since I installed HDMI module.  Goggles work fine through USB.  I was in hopes that the new Dji Go4 update this morning would fix the problem, but not yet.  I’ve tried different HDMI adapters & even tried connecting the HDMI cable to my projector, still nothing.  Any ideas DJI? Or anybody else?

Thanks,
Doug
2018-2-11
Use props
Rolud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1756834 ft
Switzerland

Hi Doug,
I'm really sorry if this is a silly question, but did you "activate" the HDMI Out option on DJI Go 4 app?

I also own the goggles + a Phantom 4 Pro + the HDMI module, however I did not use the goggles much, because they always change my pictures settings... which is pretty annoyng...

Rolud
2018-2-12
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

I never use HDMI port for my phantom 4 pro to dji goggles, if you use hdmi to dji goggles it only give you extend the live view. If you using micro usb connection it do have head tracking function.
2018-2-12
Use props
mecanique62 2
lvl.2
United States

Yes I activated in app & it would be nice for the system to work the way it was designed. That a way two people could see the video at the same time.
2018-2-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mecanique62 2 Posted at 2018-2-12 08:20
Yes I activated in app & it would be nice for the system to work the way it was designed. That a way two people could see the video at the same time.

Did you refresh the controller firmware after installing HDMI module ?
2018-2-12
Use props
mecanique62 2
lvl.2
United States

Yes. Reset to factory default. That was the only option in assistant 2.
2018-2-12
Use props
Rolud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1756834 ft
Switzerland

I just did a check at home, and for me everything is working as expected... which means I have no problem at all to connect the goggles through HDMI and on the USB I still have the "command screen" on my iPad Mini 4 !!

I have also checked the used firmware/software version, and I have :
- Goggles : V01.04.0300
- Phantom 4 Pro : V01.05.0300
- RC : V01.04.01.00 (this information come from DJI Go 4 because I was unable to check it with DJI Assistant 2 and I do not know why...)
- DJI Go 4 : V 4.2.6
- iPad Mini 4 : iOS 11.2.5
- HDMI cable : the one included with the goggles, plus a very cheap Amazon.com adapter for the HDMI module...

So for me everything is "up to date" and it works... so I do not have any idea why your configuration isn't working, sorry...
2018-2-12
Use props
mecanique62 2
lvl.2
United States

Rolud Posted at 2018-2-12 12:12
I just did a check at home, and for me everything is working as expected... which means I have no problem at all to connect the goggles through HDMI and on the USB I still have the "command screen" on my iPad Mini 4 !!

I have also checked the used firmware/software version, and I have :

Thanks for the info.
2018-2-12
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9583182 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also have a Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian, Installed the HDMI module, updated the remote controller and dji goggles and my device (iPhone 8) works good but when you turn on the goggles the picture on my iPhone gets choppy, blacks out, green screen, aircraft disconnects and connects the whole time but as soon as I turn the goggles off it stops. I rechecked installation of the module several times and no change. Will try to call support tomorrow and see what I can find out. Have read where some people have received some bad modules on a few threads, changed it out and worked fine.
2018-2-12
Use props
mecanique62 2
lvl.2
United States

Jbundy63 Posted at 2018-2-12 20:59
I also have a Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian, Installed the HDMI module, updated the remote controller and dji goggles and my device (iPhone 8) works good but when you turn on the goggles the picture on my iPhone gets choppy, blacks out, green screen, aircraft disconnects and connects the whole time but as soon as I turn the goggles off it stops. I rechecked installation of the module several times and no change. Will try to call support tomorrow and see what I can find out. Have read where some people have received some bad modules on a few threads, changed it out and worked fine.

This is my second module.
2018-2-13
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This is your second module and still having issues?

2018-2-13
Use props
mecanique62 2
lvl.2
United States

Jbundy63 Posted at 2018-2-13 06:43
This is your second module and still having issues?

yes, I returned my remote to Drone-World & it was sent back to me with a new Module, or so i was told.
The original that I installed was white.  The one Drone-world installed was Black.
2018-2-13
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mecanique62 2 Posted at 2018-2-13 07:24
yes, I returned my remote to Drone-World & it was sent back to me with a new Module, or so i was told.
The original that I installed was white.  The one Drone-world installed was Black.

Yeah that sucks! Well I tried again with no luck so I'm just going to return it and maybe try again later on down the road. Let us know if you find out anything? Best of luck!
2018-2-13
Use props
mecanique62 2
lvl.2
United States

OK, I finally fix it today.  I connected my goggles through the USB connection & selected smooth mode, Then switched back to HDMI & it started working, pretty choppy though, so i connected USB again & switched to Normal mode, then back to HDMI & everything looks pretty good.  I Hope this might help the rest of you.  Thanks for all the help.  Oh, I forgot, I uninstalled DJI Go 4 & reinstalled thinking that might have been the cause, but it wasn't.
2018-2-16
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mecanique62 2 Posted at 2018-2-16 08:12
OK, I finally fix it today.  I connected my goggles through the USB connection & selected smooth mode, Then switched back to HDMI & it started working, pretty choppy though, so i connected USB again & switched to Normal mode, then back to HDMI & everything looks pretty good.  I Hope this might help the rest of you.  Thanks for all the help.  Oh, I forgot, I uninstalled DJI Go 4 & reinstalled thinking that might have been the cause, but it wasn't.

Really? That's crazy! So hook the googgles with USB port, select Normal mode on the goggles than back to HDMI setting than hook the goggles to the HDMI port. Have you flown yet with the goggles and your P4P Obsidian?  

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling GO4 and it didn't change anything.

I have another HDMI type A adapter ordered because I messed mine up. If your flights work out good and I get my adapter I,lol give it a try and see how it works for me.

Thanks for letting us know !
2018-2-16
Use props
mecanique62 2
lvl.2
United States

Jbundy63 Posted at 2018-2-16 14:11
Really? That's crazy! So hook the googgles with USB port, select Normal mode on the goggles than back to HDMI setting than hook the goggles to the HDMI port. Have you flown yet with the goggles and your P4P Obsidian?  

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling GO4 and it didn't change anything.

Flew this afternoon. Worked flawlessly. Hope it works for you.
2018-2-16
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mecanique62 2 Posted at 2018-2-16 14:25

Cool! That's great news! I'll get my adapter in next week and will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again
Jim
2018-2-16
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mecanique62 2 Got my HDMI adapter in today, switch the goggles over to normal mode and reconnected and works great. Flew two 20 minutes flights with no issues with goggles, DJI GO4 app or disconnects. Kudos to you for figuring this out

Thanks again
Jim
2018-2-20
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mecanique62 2  Got my HDMI adapter in today, switch the goggles over to normal mode and reconnected and works great. Flew two 20 minutes flights with no issues with goggles, DJI GO4 app or disconnects. Kudos to you for figuring this out

Thanks again
Jim
2018-2-20
Use props
fansd07896e0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 321388 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

mecanique62 2 Posted at 2018-2-16 08:12

Thanks.  I am having the same nightmare since upgrading DJI Go 4 app.  Goggles/HDMI worked fine before that, but after the upgrade, Goggles were permanently disconnected on HDMI (but worked fine on USB connection).  I will try your solution tonight.  I have to say though DJI NEED TO PROPERLY TEST *ALL* THEIR PRODUCTS (including Goggles, OSMO etc) BEFORE RELEASING UPGRADES TO GO APP!  These bugs waste so much time and impact operations.
2018-5-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The easiest solution was to restart the goggles, but since i did the fw refresh on the goggles i have not come across the issue again
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules