2300 5 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aero-Drone Imagery
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

Okay, so I have one test flight using my new Cendence and Inpsire 2. Though the flight operations seem to work flawlessly, I have noticed that my Camera Function Buttons, in conjunction with the Camera Settings Dial, do not adjust the camera settings. As soon as I press any of the Camera Function Buttons, it merely opens the camera setting window in the DJI Go 4 app. Also, the Focus Adjustment Knob seems to do nothing.

I have watched a pretty detailed video on Youtube regarding the use of the Cendence (since DJI doesn't really provide ANY tutorial), and have tryied to replicate what the user was doing - no good fortune. I assume that the use of these functions is purely for operating the camera in Manual mode, tried this and still no joy.

The setup that I am using is the Cendence controller linked via USB to an iPad 4 Mini and an Inpsire 2 with the Zenmuse x4s.

Did I get a lemon? Has anyone else had these issues? One thing that I have noticed is that there hasn't seemed to be an update for the Cendence (that I am aware of), nor can I find a means of doing so. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Jason Quickel
Aero-Drone Imagery
2018-2-11
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

What FW on the I2 and iPad,  as well as what Go4 app version are you using?
2018-2-11
Use props
Aero-Drone Imagery
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-2-11 10:50
What FW on the I2 and iPad,  as well as what Go4 app version are you using?

iPad Mini: v11.2.5
DJI Go 4: v4.2.5
Inspire 2: v01.01.0300
Controller: v02.00.0045
RAW Module: v01.41.01.02

Not sure what the RAW Module is?
2018-2-11
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Aero-Drone Imagery Posted at 2018-2-11 11:07
iPad Mini: v11.2.5
DJI Go 4: v4.2.5
Inspire 2: v01.01.0300

Same as mine and it works fine for me. Did you enable any custom mapping to the buttons? All works for me.
Edit: Make sure the I2 is connected to the RC when you do any changes or check settings. Nothing is active until you are conected.
2018-2-11
Use props
Aero-Drone Imagery
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just to follow up, and in the event that anyone else runs in to this problem...

I called DJI today about this and all that they could suggest is to Restore to Factory Default on the Inspire 2, then update the FW again. Other than that, it was check the FW on the Cendence or send it back in for repair. After restoring the Inspire, re-installing the FW, then checking the FW on the Cendence, it still didn't work. So I decided to try resetting the custom button mapping that I had done, and BAM, it worked. Something in the custom button mapping that I had done must have freaked out the Cendence which caused all of the non-programmable buttons to not do what they were intended to do. The Cendence is working fine now...

DJI, might want to add that to your troubleshooting guide that you read off to your customers when they call in...

Jason Quickel
Aero-Drone Imagery

2018-2-12
Use props
fridge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1378 ft
New Zealand

Yes my credence focus does not seem to be working and some other assignable buttons...Where is the custom button mapping icon located in the menu
Thanks
2019-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules