Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic Air suggestions, changes, fixes, updates, bugs, annoyances
886 7 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edbjr888
lvl.2
Flight distance : 381447 ft
Canada

I am really enjoying your Mavic Air but have some suggestions. These aren't extremely unrealistic, i think they are within the confines of the product class. (unless otherwise stated)

Remote controller beeping is extremely loud, louder than the mavic pro!!!! Is there a way to silence this or reduce the level? It is very , VERY obnoxious. I understand what it is for but this needs to be given an option for volume AT LEAST. This is more pertinent in that there is more collision avoidance sensors now.

There should be a gimbal TOGGLE (ie to go UP AND DOWN) , not just a gimbal recenter option for the programmable buttons. Even the spark has this!!! Why on earth was this changed?????

Theres no waypoints, bring that back, what about courselock too? Courselock might be asking for too much but that was a great feature. Could be introducted when mavic pro 2 comes into the scene?

There should be some basic way of adjusting the distance that the obstacle avoidance sensors begin to activate and stop the drone WITHOUT having to disable it altogether. Not to mention reducing the constant beeping. This is crucial when doing inspections or other close up work that has been granted and you CANNOT use larger drones.

Lack of Aircraft USB battery charging in aircraft. I don't see why this wasn't included???

Lack of parallel charging in the multi charging hub. Not a deal breaker but rather annoying.

Lack of discharge setting in the flight batteries. At least the fly more has the power bank adapter.

*****************QUIET PROPELLERS!!!*******************************
Why aren't there quiet propellers for this drone?? This drone is NOISY. Noisy drones are NOT COOL and almost unacceptable now for a drone this size. I implore, no BEG you DJI to release some noise props soon and not on a platinum version of the Air!!!! Scimitar props or winglet style ones, i don't need to tell you. This is just as a courtesy to those around you and the fact that people love using these drones in parks and forests where quiet is very very important so as not to ANNOY people.

If anyone else has some reasonable suggestions, please comment below!!! Thanks for reading.

2018-2-11
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

United States

Seems like excellent list of suggestions for MA 2 to me, too.
2018-2-11
Use props
edbjr888
lvl.2
Flight distance : 381447 ft
Canada

I find the active track and circle quickshots don't work very well compared to all the other smart shooting modes on the mavic air. For active tracking, it would track fine until it gets to around 170 degrees, then it sorta loses focus and doesn't back up enough to keep the subject in the center. Other times it would just lose the subject altogether. The mavic pro does a better job at this currently and I hope DJI reads this post and does something about it. This was in bright light, the subject had contrast to its environment and around 16 satellites on the newest 0200 firmware as of this writing. Boomerang, asteroid, dronie, rocket, and smartcapture work very well so far, just the active track and circle quickshot that is having issues.  I will keep testing this out but that is my experience so far.
2018-2-11
Use props
MennoH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75118 ft
Netherlands

Gimball toggle! yes i miss that one on the MA.
Aircraft usb charging should be there for travel.
The loud beep on the controller must be more suttle indeed...
and the photo mode, imho could have an aspect ratio of 3:2 (which is in line with dslr format, and 10x15cm printing... the MA 4:3 is almost square and has to be cropped in post.)
16:9 is nice, but that does not fit for standard print.
2018-3-1
Use props
ChaosKnign
Second Officer
Flight distance : 402877 ft
United States

All I reasonably want is the Shallow Focus option I had on my Spark.
2018-3-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good points      
2018-3-1
Use props
fans30692fa5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 818127 ft
  • >>>
United States

How about the fixed wing and all the other flight modes, when will they becoming if they even are?
2018-3-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 6342851 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I take it your not that impressed, I think some of what your asking for will be implemented in future firmware, but warning beeping or trying to decrease sensor detection that won’t ever happen, these are safety measures and since these have been implemented throughout allnew dji drones I don’t think we will see any change here.
2018-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules