Stupid newby question I’m sure
882 9 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Slidebed
New
United Kingdom

Hi guys just got my flymore combo yesterday but I’m having problems getting any satellites on the gps.my galaxy s8 on the latest firmware shows zero satellites and won’t let me take off.
I’m using WiFi as I don’t have a cable yet I left outside for 5 minutes still nothing my phone shows 13 using the uav forecast app any help would be great.
Also while I’m asking what percentage do you store your batteries at?
Thanks all.
2018-2-11
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

i am not sure i get it.
there should not be a problem taking off if there is no GPS. you can fly in ATTI mode.
are you outside in an open space? or inside?
2018-2-11
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Not sure about the GPS issue but you are using djigo4 app with your remote connected to your phone wifi and the aircraft linked to your remote - then it should show gos etc..d

Phone linked to remote (phone wifi)& remote linked to AC (green light)

The batteries are smart batteries - just charge them up for storage (the battery will discharge appropriately after a time period) but you do need to charge them every 3 months and store in a dry place when not in use
2018-2-11
Use props
Slidebed
New
United Kingdom

Thanks for the help my remote is connected and green but my phone shoes no gps I was outside for maybe 10 kinuites  I try another location and see what happens.
2018-2-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Slidebed Posted at 2018-2-11 12:38
Thanks for the help my remote is connected and green but my phone shoes no gps I was outside for maybe 10 kinuites  I try another location and see what happens.

Can you try this in another location and take a screen shot, do you happen to have a cover on the top of your craft.
2018-2-11
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Yes a pic of your screenshot would be helpful, actually the GPS is in the spark but it displays the gps status in the djigo4 app (double check your wifi connection between your phone and remote) make sure you have Bluetooth turned off and other forms of interference minimized.
2018-2-11
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Maybe let the DJI Go 4 app use your location so it can take your phone's GPS location and hand it off to the Spark.  That will fast start the GPS lock on for the Spark's GPS receiver.  Otherwise, the Spark's GPS is searching for each GPS satillite in sequence until it get a good hit on one.  

Cold startied GPS receivers used to have to download current time and a map of what satillites are overhead your location starting with 0.0 long and 0.0 lat.  After that they kept a memory of where they were when last operated.  Things may have changed.
2018-2-11
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

You could have a faulty GPS module in your Spark, it can happen, I'd take it back and exchange it.
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Slidebed Posted at 2018-2-11 12:38

Hi, there. Please try in a wide place with good GPS signal. Did you attach any sticker on your spark? Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-2-12
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

Satellite problems are mainly caused by having tall objects around you i.e. buildings/trees etc. I've used my Spark in a small wooded quarry and while the UAV Forecast app said there were 15 or so satellites available, only 8-9 are usable because of the obstructions.

Also is your battery warm when it goes in the Spark? Yesterday i was out with mine and it wouldn't let the drone take off until i'd warmed the battery up (first time its done that!)
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules