Mavic Air - Unable to connect in any way
8417 16 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic725
lvl.1
Panama

Hi all, just got my Mavic air few days ago. First setup was a breeze and used it for couple flights.
Today I tried to connect directly to my iPhone:
-Turned on aircraft
-Pressed back button until two beeps
-No wifi signal found, tried on 3 different phones. It simply doesn't show up in the wifi settings.

Alright, I proceeded to connect it back to the RC then:
-Restarted aircraft
-Held back button until one beep, lights flashes
-Started linking procedure from the RC with phone connected
-60s later it timed out.

Then I tried connecting the RC without the phone:
-Held back button until one beep
-Held the three buttons on the remote as shown in the video
-After long time beeping it times out as well.

In every attempt the remote was less than 1' from the mavic, and I already tried holding bvack button until 3 beeps to reset and reinserted fully charged battery many times, nothing.

There are other people with the same problem:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534
https://forum.dji.com/thread-134522-1-1.html

Any ideas?

2018-2-11
Use props
fans8ba88735
New

United States

I’m having the exact same issue and am freaking out because I am in Haiti and need this to work for a shoot today! Ugh!!!
2018-2-13
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

I don't have issues linking the Remote to the Aircraft, but linking to the Phone has only worked with the '2 beep method' the very first time I used it.
It never worked after that again.
My MA never displays the WIFI SSID when using the 2 beep method, but it does with the 3 beep method.
So now, if I just want to connect the MA to the phone only, I hold the MA's back button untill it beeps 3 times, the phone's WIFI can then see the MA's SSID and I can connect to it manually.
2018-2-13
Use props
Radasso
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

I had same issue:

It used to work with wired connection.
Then I tried wifi connection with mobile device - I were not able to connect.
Then I treid again wired (with controller) and it didn't work.

I tried everything without success unitl I did:

Try connect:
- normal flow with one beep which fails
- then pres yellow button on drone and wait for triple beep (single beep, double beep and then triple beep - about 9s)- NO restart drone or anything after that (I tried 3 beeps with restart before and it didn't help)
- then try again normal flow with one beep

and it worked

after connection it turned out that there is firmware update for drone 1.0.200, which I thought I had installed but now it's beeing installed again.
2018-2-15
Use props
Radasso
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

EDIT: firmware update version was: 01.00.0200
2018-2-15
Use props
Radasso
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

And after firmware update I tried wifi connection again - it worked but after that wired connection stopped working... ;[
2018-2-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Team, just checking, but you've no doubt updated the craft to firmware v...200, but have you updated the controller also? Regardless, I suggest you refresh the controller JIC.
In the GO 4 app on the device screen, press and hold the 3 bars at top right for about 5 secs. Select the most recent firmware and let it do it's thing. Perhaps that'll do it...
2018-2-15
Use props
Mavic725
lvl.1
Panama

Both the aircraft and controller have the latest update, but even if they didn’t, SSID should show up, and it doesn’t in neither one or two or three beeps.

Just spoke with DJI support and they are ready to send a replacement.

If you think your Mavic Air is faulty let them know in the 15 days window for a refund. I’m considering not getting another Mavic Air and wait for the Mavic Pro 2 instead, should be a couple months wait but from what I’ve read it’s worth it.
2018-2-15
Use props
Radasso
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

This is what helped me:

On android device:

• go to devices settings,
  • find apps (or applications),
  • find DJI GO 4 app
  • force stop it
2018-2-16
Use props
fansdef19292
lvl.1
Panama

Hello greetings...

I try by all means to connect my new mavic air drone via wifi, and unfortunately it does not work after following all the steps of the manual and all the tutorials of DJI and other people does not work, but I found in the forums that many people have this problem but they do not say how to solve it, I bought it in Miami and I live in Panama. What should I do ... the drone has never been flown and only has 3 days of purchase-
2018-3-3
Use props
LastBoyScout
New
United Kingdom

Try disable your mobile data
At least that is what worked for me.  Thanks should go to milindian for posting the suggestion.

After successfully connecting via WiFi I was able to switch on my mobile phone's data again without disruption however you might want to bear in mind that there is the chance that if you loose connection that it won't be able to re-establish with the Mobile Data enabled.  Either way it's a problem that needs DJI to fix.

Additionally it is worth noting that I am able to scan the QR Code successfully AND connect to the Air's Wifi however the Go4 app fails to recognise the successful connection so I can't click "Done" and waiting for the auto-completion I get after disabling my mobile data doesn't happen.  This is the case when manually configuring and connecting via WiFi.
So this another thing that DJI needs to look into and fix  

I'm using a Motorola G5 Plus running android 7.0
2018-4-12
Use props
fans6e44dc92
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161831 ft
Turkey

I’m having the exact same issue... ı cant connect my drone anythıng. remote control and phone wıfı connectıon does not working
2018-6-24
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

Well folks..
hear closely..
I am using the air some 6 months and I face no problem at all, till today 2/7/18. The problem was connection failure. I have flown 3 days ago with no problem, so I wondered what may be the cause of this behavior of my drone. The only change I have done was the change of the SD card. I am using an SANDISK EXTREME PRO 32Gb U3 but instead I place my older LEXAR 633 U1 32Gb. (which I had to use just for one time to check out how this card reacts in 4K video. After that, I never use it any more cause 4K is a little too heavy for that card to record without issues.)
So with Lexar SD in place I had a total refuse from drone to be connected to RC. The yellow button was fast flashing indicating a faulty connection. I remove the LEXAR and replace it with my regular SANDISK EXTREME PRO SD card...and magically… everything got back to normal and the aircraft connected automatically within seconds.
So before desperate move to service, check out this way by replacing a possible faulty SD card cause as I realize the card is able to block our drone connection to RC.
I hope this may be helpful to all facing connection problems.  
2018-7-2
Use props
Kold
New
Poland

@Mon32 You are the boss. You are the man.
Thank You very very much, You made my day.
I was so worry I got defective MA.
But then thanks to You I just removed SD card and it worked. RC connected to drone with ease.
DJI SHAME ON YOU. SHAME!!! SHAME!!! SHAME!!!
That is such a unforgivable error in MA software. You're wasting so much time and nerves.
2018-7-10
Use props
Rrivera
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

After trying all sort of things, factory resets in both controller and mavic air, calling customer support and doing all sort of troubleshooting, it work by just moving to a different location, all the time I was trying to link the controller in my room just as I did the first time I flew the drone. After spending tons of hours browsing the internet without a solution I just move the drone to m backyard and it connected in as little as 20 seconds thru the show my camera. Now I already use 3 full batteries without any problem.
2018-7-25
Use props
KymeraDR
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

i am having the same issue, did you ever get an answer or update on how to resolve this?
2019-8-26
Use props
djiuser_LOIRYtNxw3AP
New

United States

Rrivera Posted at 2018-7-25 07:17
After trying all sort of things, factory resets in both controller and mavic air, calling customer support and doing all sort of troubleshooting, it work by just moving to a different location, all the time I was trying to link the controller in my room just as I did the first time I flew the drone. After spending tons of hours browsing the internet without a solution I just move the drone to m backyard and it connected in as little as 20 seconds thru the show my camera. Now I already use 3 full batteries without any problem.

I did exactly the same!!! 1 day full at the internet trying to fix and on the end I did what you said i move to backyard and also with me RC connected with the drone. Thanks Rivera
2019-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules