New App Update...No Flight Records
957 13 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I just updated my IOS to 4.2.6...now I have no Total Flight Time, Distance or Flights showing on the Flight Records page.  Any ideas???  Does the Spark and/or RC have to be turned on to display this information???
2018-2-11
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

From what I understand, the flight records are contained on the mobile device. Note that I don't have the RC and only fly with an iPad or iPhone.
If you've deleted and reinstalled the Go 4 app on your iOS device, any flight records likely were removed.  Synchronized records are stored on DJI's servers.
I think you mentioned in another thread that you can't see a login screen after selecting Flight Records from the main Go 4 screen.  Can you access the forums from the "Me" section of the app?  This might indicate a login problem of some sort if you can't get into the forums via the app.
2018-2-11
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

In addition to what I mentioned above, when you're in the "Me" section, tap the gear icon in the upper right corner (on the screen that lets you choose between: DJI Store, My DJI Affiliate Account, Flight Records, DJI Forum, DJI Support, and More.)  
On the Settings screen that shows up, there are options for setting the Camera View Quick Launch, etc.  Near the bottom of the screen I'm showing a "Sign Out" button.  You might want to try signing out and back in to see if that helps.
2018-2-11
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

Okay...I don't get anything mentioning Camera View Quick Launch.  I did delete the old app before updating with the new.  This was recommended early on because people were having problems with the new upgrade taking hold with the old one still on the phone.  So in the future, do you sync first before updating???  And how many of you update with the old app still on the phone???
2018-2-11
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

I almost always sync my flight records after I land.  It usually takes a very few seconds to complete, depending on cell data speed at the location.  Sometimes I sync them once I get home.  And out of habit, I've been doing a sync of all the records.  But for no good reason, just because. LOL

Hmm, I don't know why you're not seeing the same Settings screen that I am.  Mine has a slider to enable/disable Camera View Quick Launch, a Clear Cache setting, Reset Beginner Guide, Privacy, Language, Rate Us, and finally the Sign Out button with the Terms of Use, version number, and copyright info at the bottom.
2018-2-11
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

Yes, I do have those...what does Camera View Quick Launch do?  Wish there was more guidance/information on the app.
2018-2-11
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-2-11 15:23
Yes, I do have those...what does Camera View Quick Launch do?  Wish there was more guidance/information on the app.

I agree, I wish there was a bit more info on some of these.  Of course, I may have missed some documentation somewhere.

I *think* the Camera View Quick Launch enables going straight to the camera view when you tap on Enter Device from the main Go 4 app screen.  Otherwise, you get to select from 3 options: Activate Aircraft, Enter Aircraft via Wi-Fi, or Enter Aircraft without Wi-Fi.  Those aren't exactly what it says, but it's the best my memory can offer.  So the Camera View Quick Launch bypasses that screen and takes you straight into Enter Aircraft via its WiFi.
2018-2-11
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

And for any others following along, here are some screen shots from my iPad and the Go 4 app version 4.2.6.  I've drawn red boxes around the things I'm tapping on (as mentioned in my earlier replies.)  

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

2018-2-11
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

Thanks, Lee Moon
2018-2-11
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

You're welcome.  My pleasure to try and help out.
2018-2-11
Use props
DMY
lvl.2
Philippines

Just an additional tip for IOS 11 users:

The App store does not always prompt you to update when a new DJI GO 4 app is released. For example if you are on 4.2.5 and you go to App store and 4.2.6 is available, you will see that your app is up to date. You can not update to 4.2.6 unless you delete your version 4.2.5 (which will also delete all your data).

To delete only the app and retain all your data:

Go to iPhone Settings > General > iPhone Storage (and wait for it to load). Scroll down until you see DJI GO 4, then press the arrow (>). Press Offload App (the DJI GO 4 app will be deleted but all your old data will remain).

Once it is uninstalled, press Reinstall App (the latest version will be installed and all your data will be retained). You don't even need to log-in again.

I hope this helps those who are having the same issues as mine.

2018-2-11
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

Now that’s some really useful info!!!
2018-2-12
Use props
Abeaudoin844
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105587 ft
United States

DMY Posted at 2018-2-11 21:25
Just an additional tip for IOS 11 users:

The App store does not always prompt you to update when a new DJI GO 4 app is released. For example if you are on 4.2.5 and you go to App store and 4.2.6 is available, you will see that your app is up to date. You can not update to 4.2.6 unless you delete your version 4.2.5 (which will also delete all your data).

My iPhone and iPad do not need to delete the old app to update they just update correctly every time so I’m not sure what issues you or other people are having.
2018-2-12
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am also having that issue for updates.  Also data syncing is currently failing.  Anyone else having this problem?  Starts to sync and then fails.
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules