No maps at all
1122 14 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Far_North
lvl.4
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Since there was finally a Go 4 update for the Crystalsky I no longer have maps of any kind.  Just a black box where the map should be.  This is even when the CS is connected to a wifi network.

- is anyone able to get maps  on CS and if so do you get sat maps or just the basic line maps?
- Is anyone able to get off line maps to work on CS.
- If you are getting maps on your CS......how?

Thanks.

2018-2-11
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mate,

You may have to do a full Reset to factory settings inc Sd Cashe

There are no offline maps at the moment. Dji has changed map provider. They say coming next update.
I'm getting the 3 styles of maps only when connected  to wifi or phone
2018-2-11
Use props
Far_North
lvl.4
Canada

"You may have to do a full Reset to factory settings inc Sd Cashe".  I'm not sure how to do this.

I must say that I'm getting really tired of having to mess with the software way too often in order to get things to work as they should.
2018-2-11
Use props
Chris Meder
New

Australia

Also it no longer says "home point updated" once it locks in a gps 9 satellites.
2018-2-12
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Far_North Posted at 2018-2-11 19:04
"You may have to do a full Reset to factory settings inc Sd Cashe".  I'm not sure how to do this.

I must say that I'm getting really tired of having to mess with the software way too often in order to get things to work as they should.

Sure mate I don’t  blame you from getting frustrated.
If they didn’  have this great screen, you’d throw these buggy things in the bin.

I’ve been told  it’s best to do a full reset after a firmware update.

Off the top of my head

Go to Settings
Down the bottom - Backup reset
Something like restore factory setting, also there is a little box below that says something about SD card.
Tick this box. It’s not the sd card that you may have in the slot it’s part of the internal memory.

You will have to start off fresh and put your info back in again. You will loose what you have saved in the Cashe.

Don’t forget to manual set your location and turn off Cashe maps for mainland China
2018-2-12
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft

I had the same problem yesterday with DJIGo
I checked today. The maps and the satellite view (online) are back
I did nothing in between...
Did not check offline because it has never been implemented in DJIGo
2018-2-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

You can cache an offline map. It includes linking your monitor to a Wi fi Mode. Look for the three bars in the upper right hand corner. You should see an option called Offline Map. Once clicking on that, you can download the region that is required.
2018-2-12
Use props
Far_North
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-12 08:43
You can cache an offline map. It includes linking your monitor to a Wi fi Mode. Look for the three bars in the upper right hand corner. You should see an option called Offline Map. Once clicking on that, you can download the region that is required.

I'd love to cache offline maps but that option is no longer available under the menu when clicking on the 3 bars at top right.
2018-2-12
Use props
Far_North
lvl.4
Canada

Forestjim Posted at 2018-2-12 03:35
Sure mate I don’t  blame you from getting frustrated.
If they didn’  have this great screen, you’d throw these buggy things in the bin.

Thank you, I did this and now have the basic line maps when connected to a wifi network.  Would be nice to have offline maps too because when I'm out flying I don't have access to a wifi network.  I'm using CS.
2018-2-12
Use props
derider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2760853 ft
Denmark

Far_North Posted at 2018-2-12 09:05
Thank you, I did this and now have the basic line maps when connected to a wifi network.  Would be nice to have offline maps too because when I'm out flying I don't have access to a wifi network.  I'm using CS.

Hi, I managed to get the maps back by doing Flight record sync as mention in this thread below. Maybe it will work for you.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1126514
2018-2-12
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4

You can cache an offline map. It includes linking your monitor to a Wi fi Mode. Look for the three bars in the upper right hand corner. You should see an option called Offline Map. Once clicking on that, you can download the region that is required.

Hi Mark,
I never succeeded to make this work with DJIgo. With DJIGo 4, yes but not DJIGo.
Will check with the new DJIGo version, after they're back with wifi
2018-2-12
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Far_North Posted at 2018-2-12 09:05

Yes... offline maps are very important...
fingers crossed it will be back soon.
2018-2-12
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

I confirm
The option 'offline maps' does not exist in DJI Go....
2018-2-12
Use props
Far_North
lvl.4
Canada

castormalin Posted at 2018-2-12 11:35
I confirm
The option 'offline maps' does not exist in DJI Go....

And does not exist on Go 4 newest version.
2018-2-12
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

To be honest, I have the maps online with Go 3 and Go 4, but the option to get the offline maps does not exist on Go4 menu neither.
I've tried all, reset, ON/OFF, factory reset, disabled chinese maps, sync, changed local time,...
No offline option in DJI Go nor Go4
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules