1043 3 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I did my flight nr 100 with my Inspire 1 yesterday - a nice and troublefree flight over a factory ruin in Torre Del Mar, Spain.
No filming - no photos - just testing new Gain and Expo Settings (Lyhn Pahn settings)
(Throttel down 0.40
Rudder left 0.40
Backward/left 0.30
Attitude 71
Brake 70)

The flight was like like the rest of my experience with the Inspire - pure joy

I have had a few ( 3 - 4 short times ) loss of videofeed - one RTH afther loosing connection probably due to RC shutdown.
Besides this - my Inspire one has been rock solid.
I have one small crash in sand - wacum cleaned the motors and change of propellers - good to go again. This crash was due to pilot error - missing a landing table.

I have done the FW and SW updates - fly with an iPhone 6 plus or a iPad Air 2
I have done compass calibration only twice an also IMU calibration only twice - as I do not like to fix what is not broken, and I do not belive in calibrating to much. (Also do the same with my Phantom - nearly ever calibrating)

About my footage - I am pleased with it - but I am not good - and certanly not better than the camera. But I am learning every day thanks to this forum and practising

I read a lot of unhappy stories here in this forum and I try to learn from them without letting them scare me from enjoing my flights. Also own a Phantom 2 Vision + V3 - which also have been totally troublefree for as many flights as the Inspire. I belive in the stories but I think it is not representative for most of the Inspire owners.

Hope this summary from 100 flights will be useful for potential buyers of Inspire 1

Happy flying

( Sorry for my english - it is, as you will understand, not my native language )
2015-4-29
Use props
StefT
lvl.1

Germany

Can you tell use somehting about battery life? how many cycles, life percentage left?
2015-4-30
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

StefT Posted at 2015-4-30 21:28
Can you tell use somehting about battery life? how many cycles, life percentage left?

One of my batteries  TB 47 has been charged 51 times - Battery life 100 % - I get a flightime of about 16 min from this battery.

The other battery TB 48 has been charged 54 times - Battery life 100 % - I get a flight time of about 19 min from this battery

Low battery warning 30 % - Critical battery Warning 10 %

Discharge the batteries every 10 charge .
2015-4-30
Use props
triise
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1303471 ft
Norway

Very nice to have someone share their positive experience in a post, as the majority of posts deals with crashes and flyaways.
I honestly belive that 90%+ of fly-aways / crashes are pilot error and bad / missing checklists and routines, but a lot of folks don't want to admit it. And that everyone that crashes tells 10 people (AND writes about it in forums), but they who are happy tells 1 of his friends...
Anyway, just wanted to thank you for sharing your positive experience
2015-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules