Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11551627 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi guys ,
I have a new phantom 4 pro obsidian, brilliant bit of gear , all has been going well till yesterday , I get “WEAK IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL” appear on iPad screen . I have attached a few photos and all appears normal then within the space of about up 50m of flying the warning comes up , these images attached were when I was able to screen shot it , on several other occasions the screen turns black and I fly it by sight then it reappears and all seems fine . I must be missing something but have tried everything to avoid this , calibration of compass in open and clear field away from any structures and IMU done , all showing solid green lines in the calibration . Aerial on controls facing at 45 degree to unit . This image warning put my heart in my mouth the first few times it did it but I keep it wel in sight and now when this happens I fly back to home point .. all updates are done and using iPad Pro 10.5.  Any help or ideas please shoot to me.  Much appreciated.     This image warning has come up on several different flight routes at many different locations . When I use the flight records and replay this does not replay the warning that I encountered whilst fly8ng ......

When the phantom 4 is flying it a brilliant bit of kit but would like help with this image warning ..   

2018-2-11
Use props
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

2018-2-11
Use props
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

2018-2-11
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

Oh...geeez.tats bad to hear.
2018-2-11
Use props
SimonMag
lvl.2
Australia

Get the same warning regularly, some days and some firmwares better than others. Trick is never panic the signal always seems to return. Think it happens when it switches from 2.5G to 5.4G. I never had it occur with Phantom 3s in the past which only use 2.4g
2018-2-11
Use props
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

SimonMag Posted at 2018-2-11 21:27
Get the same warning regularly, some days and some firmwares better than others. Trick is never panic the signal always seems to return. Think it happens when it switches from 2.5G to 5.4G. I never had it occur with Phantom 3s in the past which only use 2.4g

Gday SIMONMAG , yeah I thought this may be a reason but as per one of the screenshots it’s shows the 2.4ghz signal on the last bar , about ten metres prior to this the signal was a full strength , I hear what you say about panicking , I had my heart in my mouth the first occurnace but several now onwards and I just make sure I can see the unit and return it back till signal comes , the funny thing is that then I will turn it back in the direction of the weak signal and I’ll be able to fly it further . My only concern now would be if this unit loses signal all together and not able to regain , I always make sure home point is set prior to take off and wait for the diagnostic to say home point is set .   I’m wondering if this unit will one day lose signal all together ....
2018-2-11
Use props
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

2018-2-11
Use props
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Any educated suggestions on what is the cause ??
2018-2-12
Use props
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Does the weak signal correlate to the help here on the forum . Anybody out there ?????????
2018-2-12
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136463 ft
Brazil

GoneandDroneit Posted at 2018-2-12 13:11
Does the weak signal correlate to the help here on the forum . Anybody out there ?????????

Check out! There are a lot o of topics discussing this same issue!
2018-2-13
Use props
nJo-nJo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51355 ft
Bulgaria

2018-2-13
Use props
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Appreciate the few replies but still no closer to finding out what the cause is to bring up this warning
2018-2-13
Use props
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Have been tracking my brain and have been going through multiple pages of data from when these occurrences would happen with weak signal and the only thing I could devise is that there may be a correlation to battery power and the signal warning coming up.  I’ve attached a photo of the change of battery amp , this is the only data and conclusion that was greatly varied with no significant change in wind, temp, and usage of drone ...
2018-2-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, Please follow this.
1.  Make sure all firmware is update both aircraft and remote control..
Confirm if firmware is updated for the Aircraft, Remote Controller and DJO Go App.
Go to Downloads Page of DJI Website for updated firmware:
http://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#downloads
2. Re-link Aircraft and Remote Control.
Re-Linking via DJI Go App
Manually Re-Linking the Remote Controller
3. Uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go app.
4. Reformat the Micro SD Card
2018-2-14
Use props
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-14 19:23
Hi, Please follow this.
Confirm if firmware is updated for the Aircraft, Remote Controller and DJO Go App.

Hi DJI THOR . Thanks for the reply . I have done all as mentioned and did that prior to your message but also have re done it all , I find that signal warning loss seems to now come on after using pano mode and using the  panoramic mode of the horizon . Aftertake the photo and the unit takes the 21 photos the signal loss waning comes up more often than not , and when I go to flight records to replay there is no such warning that appeared whilst I was using the device even thought it showed it on the screen . It’s a brilliant bit of gear the phantom 4 obsidian but I just don’t want to have it fly away and even more so if it does then the flight records don’t show  the warning that were presented
2018-2-14
Use props
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

When replaying a video whilst the “weak image transmission warning “ came on this is the only time something has shown up in the video ,   This time I used the replay button under the shutter button on the app and this appeared ...
2018-2-14
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

GoneandDroneit Posted at 2018-2-12 01:35
Any educated suggestions on what is the cause ??

I don't really know the cause but have you tried changing to 5.8GHz to see if the problem goes away.
2018-2-14
Use props
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-2-14 23:04
I don't really know the cause but have you tried changing to 5.8GHz to see if the problem goes away.

Hi Jenne 2.  Yeah I have tried changing manually from 5.8 to 2.4 and visa versa , and the downside to 5.8 is distance even when flying by line of sight 5.8 is pretty hopeless unless flying very close
2018-2-15
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

GoneandDroneit Posted at 2018-2-15 01:43
Hi Jenne 2.  Yeah I have tried changing manually from 5.8 to 2.4 and visa versa , and the downside to 5.8 is distance even when flying by line of sight 5.8 is pretty hopeless unless flying very close

It is possible that there is an issue with your 5.6GHz. On  my original P4Pro, I could not get much distance out of the 5.8GHz and just thought that's how it was. It wasn't until I had returned the drone due to a camera problem that I found out there was an issue with the 5.8GHz. My current drone constantly gets weak signal on 2.4 even out in the country but the 5.8 is fine.
2018-2-15
Use props
BenchZowner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64777 ft
Greece

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-14 19:23
Hi, Please follow this.

So, you are telling the client to update his drone to the well known for its problems official firmware ?
Really ?
2018-2-16
Use props
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Hi guys.  From air data now , and the disconnect shows up in the error logs , which is great to see as now evidence they occur , as with the dji go4 app when I replay the flights no faults show up .......

A few screen shots if any one can shed any light on this ???  As per messages above .....

2018-2-16
Use props
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-2-15 21:28
It is possible that there is an issue with your 5.6GHz. On  my original P4Pro, I could not get much distance out of the 5.8GHz and just thought that's how it was. It wasn't until I had returned the drone due to a camera problem that I found out there was an issue with the 5.8GHz. My current drone constantly gets weak signal on 2.4 even out in the country but the 5.8 is fine.

Gday Jenee 2 ,   With regards to distance , I am having no trouble at all with distance and can get quoted distance and then some . 5.8 ghz changes to 2.4 a a consistent distance so I would dare share that I would and could perhaps rule this transmission of 2.4 and 5.8 ??    Had three very strong disconnects today and managed to get some data via download to air data , and supsingly when I replay and see the error messages in the dji go4 app no weak image transmission warning appear anywhere in dji log .... good thing for airdata then . I will be going back to shop of purchase Monday now to return unit ... as it appears to be getting worse with the error for transition signal warnings ....
2018-2-17
Use props
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-2-15 21:28
It is possible that there is an issue with your 5.6GHz. On  my original P4Pro, I could not get much distance out of the 5.8GHz and just thought that's how it was. It wasn't until I had returned the drone due to a camera problem that I found out there was an issue with the 5.8GHz. My current drone constantly gets weak signal on 2.4 even out in the country but the 5.8 is fine.

Gday Jenee 2 ,   With regards to distance , I am having no trouble at all with distance and can get quoted distance and then some . 5.8 ghz changes to 2.4 a a consistent distance so I would dare share that I would and could perhaps rule this transmission of 2.4 and 5.8 ??    Had three very strong disconnects today and managed to get some data via download to air data , and supsingly when I replay and see the error messages in the dji go4 app no weak image transmission warning appear anywhere in dji log .... good thing for airdata then . I will be going back to shop of purchase Monday now to return unit ... as it appears to be getting worse with the error for transition signal warni. ngs ....
2018-2-17
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

good information, however I still run for home when that happens.
2018-9-9
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

The best you can do - send the Phantom back. Maybe the problem is in hardware - transmitter or somthing.

P.s.:  You said that you always fly in VLOS. How can that be at 853m (your screenshot)?
Best regards
Andy

2018-9-10
Use props
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

andy10 Posted at 2018-9-10 01:35
The best you can do - send the Phantom back. Maybe the problem is in hardware - transmitter or somthing.

P.s.:  You said that you always fly in VLOS. How can that be at 853m (your screenshot)?

Hi Andy , solved the problem a couple months back when first posted this but thanks for your enthusiasm. Also VLOS yes , was on a boat and set home point at launch ramp but good observation from you . Have a nice day
2018-9-10
Use props
QUiK6
lvl.1

Réunion

GoneandDroneit Posted at 2018-9-10 02:16
Hi Andy , solved the problem a couple months back when first posted this but thanks for your enthusiasm. Also VLOS yes , was on a boat and set home point at launch ramp but good observation from you . Have a nice day

Hi there,
I have exactly the same problem with my DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ Obsidian. Losing randomly the image transmission signal in an opened and cleared space, even at 300 meters range...
I have done all calibrations (IMU, RC, Compas), tried also to downgrade firmware on the aircraft and the RC... but no way to solve the problem.
Currently using last firmwares available : V1.05.600 / RC V1.4.1.0

I only have 11 hours flight with the aircraft, bought it 7 months ago in Paris, France.
I'm currently based in Reunion Island, that's why I did not return the drone back to the store yet...

Any suggestions to solve the transmission image error?
2019-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules