Gimble Clip
1800 10 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jacmac64
lvl.3

United States

I've been watching all the new unboxings on You Tube. I've seen 2 so far where the gimble clip has falling off during shipping. Funny thing is, neither person even noticed, and one of them picked it up and said "hmmm, what's this?".

I hope mine is still on when i finnally get it.

2015-4-29
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

Mine was barely hanging on. I was concerned about it, but after flying it for a few minutes, I did not see any issues with the video/gimbal. The recording looked fine.
2015-4-29
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine was off in the box. It needs to have a rubber band holding it on during shipping.

I do this with my P2 when traveling or slinging it around tied to my backpack....

Yeah, either the gimbal lock needs to be redesigned or a band or tie used for shipping....
2015-4-29
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

Mine was almost coming off. Another thing that I noticed was the shipping box did not have any packing cushions so the Phantom 3 box was bouncing around inside the shipping box the whole way from china! That is bad DJI!

Tahoe Ed you need to relay this to DJI China  that is a bad practice.

Also We need a lens cover and ND filter! We need these sooner rather then later!
2015-4-29
Use props
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

Yep, mine was off too. it was making a rattling noise in the box, which was very unsettling.              I haven't been able to test the video/ photos yet because of the iOS issue right now. So ill just have to wait and see... very dissapointed.
Hopefully they come out with filters and a lens cap ASAP because I can see the lens getting scratched easily.
2015-4-29
Use props
john-kirwan89
lvl.1

Germany

Gatorone30 Posted at 2015-4-30 08:31
Mine was almost coming off. Another thing that I noticed was the shipping box did not have any packi ...

Not even a bit of bubble wrap??
2015-4-29
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Could anyone in this case post their barcode here for me as a reference? Thanks for reporting. I'll notice them.
2015-4-29
Use props
imwhitey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1921493 ft
  • >>>
United States

My gimbal clip stayed on, but came flying off as soon as I picked the Phantom up out of the box. There is no packing material - just the Phantom 3 box inserted into a cardboard box a little bit larger than its box. There isn't a TON of extra room, so I feel the bit of movement it likely experienced during shipping wasn't that big of a deal. The cardboard enclosure it is packed in within the actual Phantom 3 box seems to be very snug and help negate any big hits.
2015-4-30
Use props
ericthemagicman
lvl.1

United States

If anyone is looking for some lens caps for the phantom 3, I now stock them in my store. Perfect fit with pull tabs, rubber construction for great flexability, 3 colors to choose from: White, Black, and Translucent Red. 2x for 10 bucks shipped. Ill have a better gimbal lock up for sale soon as well. DJI's keeps falling off on me with no effort what so ever.

http://limitlessaerialsystems.co ... ver-flexible-rubber
2015-5-9
Use props
Barrie McArthur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1037615 ft
  • >>>
Australia

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-4-30 08:12
Mine was off in the box. It needs to have a rubber band holding it on during shipping.

I do this w ...

I'm using a Velcro strip to secure the clear plastic clip, a piece of the rough with a piece of the smooth, nothing has to be glued or left on the P3 that way. Also noticed it's easier to fit the gimbal clip if the quad is upside down...weird!
2015-5-10
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Gimbal clip is certainly not as secure as it was on the Phantom 2. I am sure that this could have been better designed.
2015-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules