Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Warning. New DJI assistant V1.2.2.827 Will Brick Spark
123Next >
10944 83 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rimza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

stevecurrie Posted at 2018-2-14 12:05
I can tell you I wrote them yesterday to start an RMA and they did not even email me back yet. Dissapointed. Called and was told to wait an email response. Still waiting . Next step I guess is a widely distributed Youtube video to warn others of this rendering their Flymore investment a $700 doorstop.

That is a real bummer. Do keep us updated on responses from DJI if any. Hopefully they do response.
2018-2-14
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I can tell you I wrote them yesterday to start an RMA and they did not even email me back yet. Dissapointed. Called and was told to wait an email response. Still waiting . Next step I guess is a widely distributed Youtube video to warn others of this rendering their Flymore investment a $700 doorstop.

They did the same to me. Said Email would arrive within 5 minutes. Its been a full day still nothing.

I also started posting on FW update videos on the new release advising a warning.

I am ringing DJI Support back again now. I suspect they may be flooded with calls on this issue. Lots of owners don't visit this forum.
2018-2-14
Use props
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another warning regarding A2 version 1.2.2.827. logwin.exe has been detected as a  Trojan.Gen.2 virus. This was mentioned in another external forum.
2018-2-14
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

towheaded-pilot1 Posted at 2018-2-14 20:28
Another warning regarding A2 version 1.2.2.827. logwin.exe has been detected as a  Trojan.Gen.2 virus. This was mentioned in another external forum.

Thanks fr the input. looks like we have multiple issues here.

I got through to support and now have a case number.

I tried to advise the support person that this was a wider problem than just me and that he should talk to the DJI engineers. But he said they don't have that procedure. I guess so the engineers don't get caught up in data to day support issues. But it does leave a gap in determining release bugs that have a immediate impact across a large proportion of their customer base.

2018-2-14
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-2-15
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

El Diablo Posted at 2018-2-15 00:02
i had the same experience yestrerday, could not complete the update after the initial loading phase. I diconnected everything from my Mac and updated the firmware through my iPhone X. It worked.

What version of the Mac app? and was it FW. (That works OK) or was it the Flight Zone database? Thats the one that does the bricking.
2018-2-15
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-2-15
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

El Diablo Posted at 2018-2-15 01:38
I got a message when I opened the Assistant saying that I need to update the No-fly database. Didn't check the version but I guess the latest as I update all my ups regularly.

Again, through the phone it worked flawlessly, on the Mac it stayed on the loading page at 0% for ever until I got an error meesage. i also tried different cables just in case and reset the whole thing several times until deciding to give a chance to the wifi approach. Glad I did.

Most likely not the most recent ap then. Its is only about 6 days old and only posted in the Mavic Air updates.

For those of us that have purchased Mavic Airs we had no choice.

2018-2-15
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

El Diablo Posted at 2018-2-15 01:38
I got a message when I opened the Assistant saying that I need to update the No-fly database. Didn't check the version but I guess the latest as I update all my ups regularly.

Again, through the phone it worked flawlessly, on the Mac it stayed on the loading page at 0% for ever until I got an error meesage. i also tried different cables just in case and reset the whole thing several times until deciding to give a chance to the wifi approach. Glad I did.

Most likely not the most recent ap then. Its is only about 6 days old and only posted in the Mavic Air updates.

For those of us that have purchased Mavic Airs we had no choice.

2018-2-15
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-2-15
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

El Diablo Posted at 2018-2-15 02:10
Then I should have received a message that there's a newer version of the app right? Have you tried the phone method?

No we are talking about DJI Assistant for the Mac or PC. It never notifies of updates. At least it has never notified me. I have to check manually and / or read the FW release notes to see that an update of the assistant is required.

Open DJI Assistant and post the version number from the bottom right corner.

I notice that your avatar does not list any DJI products? Do you have a problem with your DJI account?

Cheers
2018-2-15
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-2-15
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

El Diablo Posted at 2018-2-15 02:20
Ok I will check when back home. I only own a Spark currently. My DJI account is active with no problems... Is it automatically showing what we own or is it a matter of settings?

It automatically shows what you own. Try doing a sync of your flight records.
2018-2-15
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Forgot to add. Your forum account has to be the same account as your DJI App account.
2018-2-15
Use props
stevecurrie
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks for all the information and sharing.  Yes  bjr981s, you are correct seems to only be when using the DJI Assistant 2 updated for Mavic Air (I dont think it matters what platform as mine was PC and others were Mac) which if you responded to the Go4 App to update your Safe Fly Zone (like the good drone operators we are) you most likely had it freeze at 99%  and then it was bricked. Won't recognise the Spark Wifi, wont connect to DJI Assistant 2 or at least show as connected. And if you started it on a computer using DJI assistant, once it started seem unwise to disconnect and try the phone method.  
I have yet to hear back from  DJI formally to my original email now from two days ago. Very very poor customer service. Some of us have 10 or 12 of their products. I am very seriously contemplating exiting the drone world for my vid and photo. Too unreliable.  I have to own 3 drones in the hope one will be working at any one time. But maybe that is DJI strategy.  
2018-2-15
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

stevecurrie Posted at 2018-2-15 06:09
Thanks for all the information and sharing.  Yes  bjr981s, you are correct seems to only be when using the DJI Assistant 2 updated for Mavic Air (I dont think it matters what platform as mine was PC and others were Mac) which if you responded to the Go4 App to update your Safe Fly Zone (like the good drone operators we are) you most likely had it freeze at 99%  and then it was bricked. Won't recognise the Spark Wifi, wont connect to DJI Assistant 2 or at least show as connected. And if you started it on a computer using DJI assistant, once it started seem unwise to disconnect and try the phone method.  
I have yet to hear back from  DJI formally to my original email now from two days ago. Very very poor customer service. Some of us have 10 or 12 of their products. I am very seriously contemplating exiting the drone world for my vid and photo. Too unreliable.  I have to own 3 drones in the hope one will be working at any one time. But maybe that is DJI strategy.

I rang them a couple of days ago but it was a bad phone connection. They said they would send in email in 5 minutes but got nothing. I think my email address confused them and he wrote it down wrong.

I called them again today and explained the situation. I had an Email back in 15 minutes and after sending them my TAX Invoice copy they organised my RMA and Return Postage sticker all within a couple of hours.

Its all packed and I will be posting as soon as the Post Office opens tomorrow.

I hope that they can determine what went wrong when diagnosing mine.

It was no big issue for me as I have 4 more Sparks. I use them indoors they are fantastic for Indoor videos and pics. They work brilliant in low light. The wife loves it when I park one over her head as an overhead fan.

I don't like to keep pumping batteries one after another into a DJI drone. I suspect that doing so overheats them. So I have the bunch of Sparks and 2 Mavic Pros.

Ring them up rather than Emailing them. You get better service I think when you can actually talk to someone.

Cheers Brian

2018-2-15
Use props
stevecurrie
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Brian Thanks, I did ring DJI and they listened to the matter then turned down any further request for action as I had an email RMA request in.  Said they would check it, but nothing has come to email (and yes, checked spam folder etc) That was about 18 hours ago. 48 hours since I emailed them asking for RMA.  I got a forum post from someone suggested that holding the power button for 30 seconds....may do something....not sure about that...felt like a "give this a try if nothing else worked" . I am now away from Spark for next 7 hours...so will try when I get home.  Too bad yours is all packed up, I would be interested if  yours would respond to the 30 second hold suggestion .Steve
2018-2-15
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

stevecurrie Posted at 2018-2-15 06:32
Brian Thanks, I did ring DJI and they listened to the matter then turned down any further request for action as I had an email RMA request in.  Said they would check it, but nothing has come to email (and yes, checked spam folder etc) That was about 18 hours ago. 48 hours since I emailed them asking for RMA.  I got a forum post from someone suggested that holding the power button for 30 seconds....may do something....not sure about that...felt like a "give this a try if nothing else worked" . I am now away from Spark for next 7 hours...so will try when I get home.  Too bad yours is all packed up, I would be interested if  yours would respond to the 30 second hold suggestion .Steve

I tried that it doesn't. Thats a request to relink to they controller.
2018-2-15
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

stevecurrie Posted at 2018-2-15 06:32

Thats madness. Did they say they had received your email and that it was being processed.

Send the email again with your VAT/Tax invoice attached. That is the way they recognise that you are a real customer and not a spammer.

I tried that test it doesn't do anything. Thats a request to relink to they controller.

Its meant to beep after 3 seconds. Mine just flashed all 4 Lights at the same time. I tried it for a couple of minutes.

Cheers
2018-2-15
Use props
stevecurrie
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Hi Brian the suggestion to try was a 30 (thirty)  second hold , not the 3 second one. I tried 3, 6, 9 and maybe up to 25.... but not 30 up to yesterday.  When I get home from work will try the 30 .   
2018-2-15
Use props
fans29865fd0
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I have NEVER seen assistant work on My MAC, tried on a older MAC Book and just tried again last night
on a new MAC. It sometimes shows the device but when I click on the device screen goes by-by.
2018-2-15
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

stevecurrie Posted at 2018-2-15 07:01
Hi Brian the suggestion to try was a 30 (thirty)  second hold , not the 3 second one. I tried 3, 6, 9 and maybe up to 25.... but not 30 up to yesterday.  When I get home from work will try the 30 .

Yes I tried for a couple of minutes thats 120 Seconds plus.Try it on yours and let me know.

Cheers

2018-2-15
Use props
stevecurrie
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

okay thanks Brian. I will try in excess of 30 seconds in a couple of hours... Not hopeful if your 120 seconds resulted in no change....
2018-2-15
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

stevecurrie Posted at 2018-2-15 11:15
okay thanks Brian. I will try in excess of 30 seconds in a couple of hours... Not hopeful if your 120 seconds resulted in no change....

The 30 Second press is to force the WiFi to 2.4Ghz. I don't think there is a master reset function.

But try anyhow.
2018-2-15
Use props
Fenit2000
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100279 ft
United States

Well unless I am completely missing it, it looks like they pulled the newer version from the download section. I don't see any Assistant download offered anywhere for the Mavic Air and still only see 1.2 for the Spark. If that's the case hopefully this will prevent more users ending up with bricks. Hope you guys get sorted out quickly and thanks for bring this to everyones attention.
2018-2-15
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Fenit2000 Posted at 2018-2-15 16:44
Well unless I am completely missing it, it looks like they pulled the newer version from the download section. I don't see any Assistant download offered anywhere for the Mavic Air and still only see 1.2 for the Spark. If that's the case hopefully this will prevent more users ending up with bricks. Hope you guys get sorted out quickly and thanks for bring this to everyones attention.

Its still there under the Air Downloads.

DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.2.827 02/5/18

Under Spark it is:

DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.0 Unlisted release date.

Only Spark owners that have purchased a new Mavic Air are effected.
2018-2-15
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jos A Posted at 2018-2-13 08:16
Don't have to, rename the old assitant to an other name and install new version
[view_image]

Still off topic but - Confirmed, this method works on Win 10
2018-2-19
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Already there
2018-2-19
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 2018-2-15 17:01
Its still there under the Air Downloads.

DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.2.827 02/5/18

DJI Assistant 2 on the Spark page - release date 12/29/17
Apparently there are two ways to get to 1.2.0 with different documentation.
IE, One states the release date the other does not.
2018-2-19
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I have just received notification from DJI that they are replacing the main board on the Spark.

As this was purchased on release I am wondering if this issue only relates to first release mainboards.

2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

bjr981s Posted at 2018-2-14 21:52
Thanks fr the input. looks like we have multiple issues here.

I got through to support and now have a case number.

Hi, there. Thanks for your attention. Please tell me the case number so I can follow your case. Did you solve the problem now?
2018-2-22
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-22 00:17
Hi, there. Thanks for your attention. Please tell me the case number so I can follow your case. Did you solve the problem now?

Hi Electra,

The Spark is on its way back to me. The reply from Support was to replace the main board.

The case number is: CAS-1488137-N8L2N9

Looks like a few people have had the same issue on both the Mac and Windows version of the new Assistant 2 release for the Mavic Air.

Those of us that have the Air and updated the assistant have had the issue with their Sparks doing a NFZ update.

Easy enough for your engineers to test.

Cheers Brian

2018-2-22
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

bjr981s Posted at 2018-2-22 05:06
Hi Electra,

The Spark is on its way back to me. The reply from Support was to replace the main board.

Bump.

More and More Spark owners are reporting the same issue.

2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi all, this is a known issue, at present, we had urgently released DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.2.845 regarding this issue, please kindly download the latest version.
To those who had updated the Spark via DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.2.827 and caused the disconnection issue, please contact our support to start a case and send the drone in for repair, http://www.dji.com/support. At the same time, please also update the DJI Assistant 2 to the latest version V1.2.2.845.
Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your support.
2018-2-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-24 02:06
Hi all, this is a known issue, at present, we had urgently released DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.2.845 regarding this issue, please kindly download the latest version.
To those who had updated the Spark via DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.2.827 and caused the disconnection issue, please contact our support to start a case and send the drone in for repair, http://www.dji.com/support. At the same time, please also update the DJI Assistant 2 to the latest version V1.2.2.845.

Ah excellent,

Thank you for the rapid fix. I will download now.  I have 4 more Sparks to update.

Fingers crossed.

Cheers Brian
2018-2-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Thor,

Can you advise where the new version is located. The faulty version was listed under downloads on the Mavic Air support page. But the downloads have now been turned off i.e. not visible.

The Spark Downloads is still supplying version 1.2.0

Cheers Brian
2018-2-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, this is the link: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-2-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-24 04:06
Hi there, this is the link: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads

Thanks that link worked. I am installing now.

Cheers
2018-2-24
Use props
Tamborrel
lvl.1
Mexico

It happened to me.  My Spark is now a useless paperweight
2018-2-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now