Shoot em down eh?
1229 9 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

I live in Canada, took the quad out to a park today, only to have some guy yell out to me from some nearby backyard "if that flies over my house again I'll shoot it down! "  seriously? Unlike the USA, we don't have the right to bear arms... In fact it sounded quite threatening to me..... I'm gonna have to look up the laws now to see what rights this guy really has to shoot my drone down....
2015-4-29
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Find out how much air space he owns above his yard...Otherwise he'll have to start shooting down any aircraft that may happen to fly over...And what's he going to do Wait outside for any to do so with one of these?

I'm certain your not flying so low that it cuts his grass or trim's his bushes lol....It's pathetic the attitude some people take towards these just because
they may want to listen to all the crap that the media pumps out...Like on smoking Drinking and the likes.
Maybe a good swift kick to the nurrys may help in his case. One threat deserves another

2015-4-29
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

In Canada we DO NOT own the air space over our property or the minerals under it!!! We DO NOT have the right to use firearms to protect or defend our property, threatening to shoot someone or some thing is ILLEGAL, discharging a fire arm in a populated area is ILLEGAL. And threatening people in general is also, you guessed it "ILLEGAL" Just make sure what YOUR doing is legal. In Canada it is ILLEGAL to fly your Inspire 1 or any drone (I hate that word) anywhere people congregate, like PARKS.
2015-4-29
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

Fred D Posted at 2015-4-30 11:29
In Canada we DO NOT own the air space over our property or the minerals under it!!! We DO NOT have t ...

You are right, although the Transport Canada rules don't specify parks as no fly zones, but they do say you cannot fly over crowds of people. . . I was in a very secluded area (I would never trust the inspire over people anyway).  Although we are to stay at least 150m away from buildings . . . If I was to guess I would say to was about 150m meters away from the closest houses.  So I was, as far as I can see within CT rules . . .

This individual specifically said he "didn't want it taking pictures of his wang if 'he' had it hanging out in his backyard" real redneck douchebag comment, but hey I guess he just had to say something.
2015-4-30
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

Should have flown it over his house again, let him shoot it down and then he gets arrested and jailed, you sue him for a new quad and make love to his wife as he's in jail. (only if she's HOT!)

Problem fixed {:2_30:}
2015-4-30
Use props
Boogieman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5611893 ft
  • >>>
United States

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-4-30 21:07
Should have flown it over his house again, let him shoot it down and then he gets arrested and jaile ...

LOL now that is funny.  But in all seriousness I believe he did the right thing.  Provoking leads to bans.
2015-4-30
Use props
Sky High Aerial
lvl.3

Canada

Acidsnow Posted at 2015-4-30 20:44
You are right, although the Transport Canada rules don't specify parks as no fly zones, but they d ...

That is correct, there are no rules against flying specifically in Parks.  However, I have heard of municipal bylaws coming into effect to prevent it, but not a Transport Canada restriction.
2015-4-30
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

A baseball bat would also solve some issues that the guy has towards you and your Inspire 1.
Besides the issue here is that his mouth is dribbling shit and needs plugging before
it spreads throughout the rest of the anti UAV community like a bush fire.
Too bad if one day he's in the need for your help...I know what the answer will be Get EFF'D lol

Just my view on those types of ignorant people.

2015-4-30
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

That would be criminal damage to property and discharging a firearm.
Then you could yell back, "Then I'll Burn your effing house down" and get charged with arson.

Don't get mad bro, get even  

Bob
2015-4-30
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-5-1 10:45
That would be criminal damage to property and discharging a firearm.Then you could yell back, "Then ...

2015-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules