Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Armando R A G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2074570 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

..."not if, but when!"
The story about the day i almost lost my Inspire 1.
2018-2-12
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good recovery. Wow that bush looked like it came out of nowhere. Flying that close to that ridge, I would've used VLOS. No sweat - glad the I1 wasn't damaged (wouldn't have been the case, had it fell from that edge so good it was tangled) and indeed a lesson learned.
2018-2-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow.... thanks for sharing your story!  This was definitely a happy ending. Your wife was very happy because she didn't want to see you cry,,, if the Inspire was broken in two.  

Again this was a nice reminder to keep the obstacles in the area you are flying in view..

Rich
2018-2-12
Use props
Armando R A G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-2-12 10:49
Good recovery. Wow that bush looked like it came out of nowhere. Flying that close to that ridge, I would've used VLOS. No sweat - glad the I1 wasn't damaged (wouldn't have been the case, had it fell from that edge so good it was tangled) and indeed a lesson learned.

My first thought was that it crashed in to the ravine and ended in the beach down, but no...I was in that ravine and seeing the Inspire, that was the moment that o come to close!
After hours of flying without accidents...we need a remimder to stay alert and think in every
scenario when flying a drone!
2018-2-12
Use props
Armando R A G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-2-12 11:21
Wow.... thanks for sharing your story!  This was definitely a happy ending. Your wife was very happy because she didn't want to see you cry,,, if the Inspire was broken in two.  

Again this was a nice reminder to keep the obstacles in the area you are flying in view..

Very happy indeed
She was happy because she knew that if it was broken i would just spend more money  
2018-2-12
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Armando R A G Posted at 2018-2-12 11:32
My first thought was that it crashed in to the ravine and ended in the beach down, but no...I was in that ravine and seeing the Inspire, that was the moment that o come to close!
After hours of flying without accidents...we need a remimder to stay alert and think in every
scenario when flying a drone!

It'll definitely help make you even more aware of your surroundings. I know because I'm talking from experience. After having tons of experience flying, I too had my first crash a few months ago.

Curious, did the camera sustain any kind of damage? X 4 or 5 ?

2018-2-12
Use props
Armando R A G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-2-12 13:17
It'll definitely help make you even more aware of your surroundings. I know because I'm talking from experience. After having tons of experience flying, I too had my first crash a few months ago.

Curious, did the camera sustain any kind of damage? X 4 or 5 ?

No damage at all on the X3
2018-2-12
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Armando R A G Posted at 2018-2-12 13:26
No damage at all on the X3

Wow ! Very lucky.
2018-2-12
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

Very nice recovery. I'm happy you and your wife are happy about getting it back. The thousand dollar machine is not something you want to lose, and I know that you have learned from any mistakes! Fly Safe!
2018-2-12
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Glad everything is fine! Lucky you
2018-2-12
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, glad you got your Inspire back. I am going to Alvor for my 60th. Is it worth taking a drone with me? The scenery in your video is beautiful.
2018-2-13
Use props
Armando R A G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Mullheliflier Posted at 2018-2-13 13:52
Hi, glad you got your Inspire back. I am going to Alvor for my 60th. Is it worth taking a drone with me? The scenery in your video is beautiful.

HI,
Thank's...
All of the Algarve coast is very beautiful.
To film in Portugal with a drone you first need approval by http://www.aan.pt/ , then, if you film in the coast (beach) you need approval by the Maritime Police.
Tell me if you need eny help.
2018-2-13
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many thanks for that Armando. I obtained your recommended permissions when in Madeira last year. I did not fly there in the interests of safety, too many people about. I wondered if there may be some quieter parts in the Algarve. I have no problem flying over water, I live on the island of Mull
2018-2-13
Use props
Armando R A G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Mullheliflier Posted at 2018-2-13 14:12
Many thanks for that Armando. I obtained your recommended permissions when in Madeira last year. I did not fly there in the interests of safety, too many people about. I wondered if there may be some quieter parts in the Algarve. I have no problem flying over water, I live on the island of Mull

Depends on the month you go there, but in summer time you have no quiet places...just go very early in the morning, when the sun is rising
2018-2-13
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks. Booked to go in April, which I believe is quieter.
2018-2-13
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad you recovered it.
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now