DJI GO4 for Android keeps cluttering the photo gallery
2756 4 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zbig
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349 ft
Poland

It's an ongoing problem with all the recent GO4 Android versions including the latest (4.2.6 at the time of writing this) cluttering the phone's gallery app with junk images from DJI application's folders. I'm sick and tired of playing whack-a-mole with folders like "DJI_SPLASH" or "visual_guide" polluting my Album app after each GO4 update. All I want to see in my phone's Album app is my pictures that I took with the camera, not the ads for Mavic Air or photo tutorials. I found the trick with placing the ".nomedia" file in each end every problematic folder no longer working for me on my Android 8.0 (Oreo) Sony Xperia XZ. I don't seem to be able to enforce a media rescan after the media scanner has already sucked the junk pictures into the library. I have also tried to clear various system apps' settings, again, with no success (I only managed to mess up some aspects of my phone's behavior this way). Anyway, it's not like I should have to do any of this nonsense - it's clearly a fault on DJI's side. Or worse, a deliberate attempt to force Mavic Air ads and other rubbish into our phones' Album apps.
2018-2-12
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Delete all those photos and videos ads after you place the .nomedia file. The ads are in more than two folders..
2018-2-12
Use props
whiteonrice
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40679 ft
United States

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-2-12 07:13
Delete all those photos and videos ads after you place the .nomedia file. The ads are in more than two folders..

What?
I have the same exact issue as OP and it is infuriating me. I don't want to have to keep deleting 3 folders of images/videos every time I fly.
2018-5-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

get "quick gallery" and set it up. Android is showing EVERY folder in the gallery, with a pictures/videos and NO nomedia file in there
2018-5-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

whiteonrice Posted at 2018-5-3 04:21
What?
I have the same exact issue as OP and it is infuriating me. I don't want to have to keep deleting 3 folders of images/videos every time I fly.

Then ignore 'em!
Try a .nomedia file in them, minimum the  gallery won't show 'em afterwards.
But the Go4 app will probably not create 'em again, b/c they are still there!
2018-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules