Obtaining Flight Records via Web Browser
17553 18 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BearDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2887251 ft
United States

I'm upgrading to a new iPhone in the next couple of weeks. All my records are on my current iPhone locally, and I have snyced them to the cloud regularly. There has always been a discrepency in the records, in that the actual flight distance and hours I have logged on the phone is not accurately reflected in what is in my profile here on the forum, and I guess subsequently, in my account with DJI (although I don't know how to access them).

Is there a way to access my flight records that have synced successfully via my web browser? Does anyone know a fix for uploading the flight records and data that have not been successfully uploaded in the past? I've tried mulitple times on the App using "All" records, and still my flight distances are not reflected accurately.

My main goal is to transfer all my flight records to the new phone, but I am concerned that only the onse that have successfully synced to the server will do so, and I will lose over half my flights that are still saved on my current iPhone via the DJI App.

Thanks for any assistance getting to these records outside of using the App.
2018-2-12
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Do any of your flights show as being not synced successfully?

Maybe the only problem is that your flight distance shown on this page is in international units instead of those ancient and outdated units that people in the USA like to use?
2018-2-12
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I do love  those ancient and outdated units that people in the USA use.  It's made us the most powerful nation on earth. Mi. Yds. ft. in. They're the best!
2018-2-12
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-2-12 12:16
I do love  those ancient and outdated units that people in the USA use.  It's made us the most powerful nation on earth. Mi. Yds. ft. in. They're the best!

What's more impressive is that many of your units are a different size to the units of the same name used elsewhere, eg your gallons are a different size to our old gallons, and as for distance, you can't even decide a standard between your "united" states: "the National Geodetic Survey left individual states to decide which (if any) definition of the foot they would use." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mile#U.S._survey_mile
2018-2-12
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-2-12 12:38
What's more impressive is that many of your units are a different size to the units of the same name used elsewhere, eg your gallons are a different size to our old gallons, and as for distance, you can't even decide a standard between your "united" states: "the National Geodetic Survey left individual states to decide which (if any) definition of the foot they would use." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mile#U.S._survey_mile

Yep, that's what made us great, ( diversity ).  Beats kings, queens, and bands.
2018-2-12
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

If you ever uninstalled the app and didn't have all your flights synced, then those were lost.  When you get your new phone, just be sure to sync everything before downloading the GO app.  They will show when you log into your DJI account on the new phone.

There was a period when DJI was having some kind of problem where it's cloud was not working.  I have a discrepency of over 200,000 less showing myself.
2018-2-12
Use props
BearDrone
lvl.3
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-2-12 12:08

Maybe the only problem is that your flight distance shown on this page is in international units instead of those ancient and outdated units that people in the USA like to use?

Nigel,

All my flights have that little cloud symbol in the upper right hand corner of the flight title page, so I am assuming that means they went to DJI's servers.

You are correct. If I convert imperial feet to meters I get exactly what I have via this forum.

I feel so metric inadequate!    and a bit foolish.

Curse the 1970's when the US made a failed attempt to get us on units of 10!!!!!
2018-2-12
Use props
BearDrone
lvl.3
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-2-12 12:54
If you ever uninstalled the app and didn't have all your flights synced, then those were lost.  When you get your new phone, just be sure to sync everything before downloading the GO app.  They will show when you log into your DJI account on the new phone.

There was a period when DJI was having some kind of problem where it's cloud was not working.  I have a discrepency of over 200,000 less showing myself.

Alabama,

I never uninstalled the app, but thank you for your suggestions. It was the server reporting in metric and me having imperial on my phone. It is a bit inconsistent for us when the rest of the world is on metric, I have to say.

I have other hobbies that involve some basic machining, and I am a big fan of mm now!
2018-2-12
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I think we are several with sync problems, some have had it solved sooner or later, but i still have some issues myself from time to time.
Best advise i can give is to try syncing at different times over some days and if you still have problems getting it all synced, raise a problem report at DJI.
2018-2-13
Use props
CAVEIRA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66680 ft
Portugal

I also would like to know how to access them from the computer and not just through DJI GO 4 app into cell phone. I've searched already, and no info about that.
2018-8-30
Use props
fans50e6c200
New
Flight distance : 170400 ft

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-2-12 12:08

Maybe the only problem is that your flight distance shown on this page is in international units instead of those ancient and outdated units that people in the USA like to use?

I guess simple-minded people need simple measurement types. I don't know where you're from, but attacking the character of the most powerful nation on the planet just shows how immature you are.
2019-9-30
Use props
fans50e6c200
New
Flight distance : 170400 ft

BearDrone Posted at 2018-2-12 15:51
Nigel,

All my flights have that little cloud symbol in the upper right hand corner of the flight title page, so I am assuming that means they went to DJI's servers.

You must be a millennial.
2019-9-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

I got a new iPhone last week,  I used the new method to transfer between devices which is to put the two phone next to each other and the old phone will detect the new phone and prompt a migration process.   This copied all my data to the new phone and then restored the apps,  when I started Go4 on the new phone I was already logged in and all my flight logs were there as before.
2019-9-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain

fans50e6c200 Posted at 9-30 04:01
I guess simple-minded people need simple measurement types. I don't know where you're from, but attacking the character of the most powerful nation on the planet just shows how immature you are.

The 'mighty' US will only hold its position for about another 5 minutes before China overtakes it, so suck it up.
2019-9-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>

fans50e6c200 Posted at 9-30 04:01

I guess simple-minded people need simple measurement types.
That makes sense .. What kind of people stick with an antiquated measurement system when the rest of the world has moved on to better things?

Anyone who has worked in science immediately recognises why the metric system is so much better.

Here's an example of how clever it is to stick to an obsolete measurment system when the rest of the world has moved on:
NASA lost its $125-million Mars Climate Orbiter because spacecraft engineers failed to convert from English to metric measurements when exchanging vital data before the craft was launched.
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1999-oct-01-mn-17288-story.html

I don't know where you're from, but attacking the character of the most powerful nation on the planet just shows how immature you are.

I can guess where you're from but wonder why you automatically see pointing out a glaring obvious mistake is an attack.
I also wonder what kind of person goes out of their way to be offended by an innocuous post that's nearly 2 years old?
2019-9-30
Use props
BrettGentry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37152 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2019-9-30 15:11
I guess simple-minded people need simple measurement types.
That makes sense .. What kind of people stick with an antiquated measurement system when the rest of the world has moved on to better things?
[view_image]

A lot of people don't understand why the US keeps the Imperial system instead of adopting the Metric system like the rest of the world.  A contractor explained it to me perfectly.  The Imperial system uses a base 12 instead of a base 10 numbering system, which is can easily be divided into halves, thirds, and quarters.  Metric can only be divided into halves and fifths evenly.  I find that a compelling argument for Imperial units.
2020-2-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

BrettGentry Posted at 2-8 20:25
A lot of people don't understand why the US keeps the Imperial system instead of adopting the Metric system like the rest of the world.  A contractor explained it to me perfectly.  The Imperial system uses a base 12 instead of a base 10 numbering system, which is can easily be divided into halves, thirds, and quarters.  Metric can only be divided into halves and fifths evenly.  I find that a compelling argument for Imperial units.

Keep holding onto that theory sunshine, while China runs you over....
2020-2-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BrettGentry Posted at 2-8 20:25

Metric can only be divided into halves and fifths evenly.  I find that a compelling argument for Imperial units.
Having used both, I can't think of any argument for imperial units that would qualify as compelling.

What's so good about being able to be divided "evenly"?
Don't you have decimals in your system?
It sounds like you've never used metric.
If you think Imperial units all use a base of 12, your experience doesn't extend very far.
Try making a few calculations with pints and gallons, miles, acres and square feet, pounds and ounces and see how far that idea goes.
Try some scientific calculations for physics or chemistry and see how imperial units hold up for ease of use compared to metric.
2020-2-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I remember being in 7th grade and we were taught the metric system - because the math dept at the school believed the US would convert to metric eventually - probably sooner rather than later.  Metric made sense to me then and it makes sense to me now.  We should have changed over long ago.  I'm just glad we're not still using roman numerals.  

https://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx? ... 5q2xHTwGftakkqGFAAo

Re carpentry and the inches-foot thing, a two-by-four is not even a two-by-four anymore!  They changed it to one-and-a-half inches by three-and-a-half inches.  But my old house has the original 2x4 boards in it.  It all makes sense though, right?  I guess we're too busy flying to the moon to worry about changing over.  
2020-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules