Are the P3 props the same as the P2 Props?
2443 14 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tmirisola
lvl.2
Flight distance : 505 ft
United States

Just wondering if when my P3 gets here can I use my carbon fiber props that Im using on my P2? I tried asking the 24/7 tech support and didnt get a response. Anyone know?
2015-4-29
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

No you cannot use them on P3.
2015-4-29
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

From one of the unboxing YouTube vids, it shows the props on the P3 have a plastic screw housing, compared to metal on the P2?
2015-4-29
Use props
PublicRealtor
lvl.2

United States

That's really strange. In an tech support conversation (TXT), I was told the PV2+ props were usable on the P3!!
2015-4-29
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

The newest P2V+ props the ones for the Version 3 quadcopter work even though they have metal inserts and the new ones are plastic.  They are the same prop model number anyways.
2015-4-29
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The P3 hubs have a higher coefficient of friction than the P2 props.  They are engineered this way because the P3 escs have active braking.  Repeat do not use the p2 props on the P3.  
2015-4-29
Use props
NoOne
lvl.2
Italy

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-30 10:55
The P3 hubs have a higher coefficient of friction than the P2 props.  They are engineered this way b ...

Hi, friction "issue" aside, is the hub "thread size"  exactly the same ? I would like to purchase a balancing rod for the props ... thank you
2015-4-30
Use props
paul
lvl.2

United States

The P3 hubs have a higher coefficient of friction than the P2 props.  They are engineered this way b ...

I was told by a dealer that P2 props would work fine, and this is the first I've heard that I shouldn't use P2 props.  Don't worry, I believe you and will avoid doing it, but If I hadn't encountered this, I would have.  And I guess they would have come off mid flight.  That's no small thing.

You could blame pilots all day, but using the same size threads was a poor design decision.  The fact that they will seem to fit and "work fine" until they fly off means people WILL misunderstand and people WILL do it.
2015-4-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

NoOne Posted at 2015-4-30 21:47
Hi, friction "issue" aside, is the hub "thread size"  exactly the same ? I would like to purchase  ...

They are the same.
2015-4-30
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

They have said from the beginning they are not the same props, dont use P2 props on the P3.  Not hard to understand.
2015-4-30
Use props
NoOne
lvl.2
Italy

Thank you !
2015-4-30
Use props
tmirisola
lvl.2
United States

just finished a chat with tech support Tahoe_Ed and they said i can use the P2 props on my P3.... how is there such a disconnect between you guys and them? and who are we supposed to go with? if i screen shot my convo and something does wrong i shouldn't be responsible.....Im not going to use them just because i don't know who to listen to and I'm not willing to take the chance...just would like one answer from two DJI employees that are the same for once
2015-4-30
Use props
tmirisola
lvl.2
United States

Jerdel Posted at 2015-5-1 02:17
They have said from the beginning they are not the same props, dont use P2 props on the P3.  Not har ...

seems pretty hard to understand to me......when you get two different answers..... but chime in again...
2015-4-30
Use props
jack1144
lvl.3

Canada

Seems Tahoe_Ed not only answered but gave the reason why.
Go with him not an over the phone reply.
These are early stages of a new model, I'm thinking give it some time and everyone will catch up
IMHO
2015-4-30
Use props
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

PublicRealtor@g Posted at 2015-4-30 10:26
That's really strange. In an tech support conversation (TXT), I was told the PV2+ props were usable  ...

Nobody in the tech support knows what they are talking about. It's pathetic.
2015-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules