Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Where can I go to try the DJI Goggles before I buy them.
2029 7 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dari_017
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

Like the tittle says, I want to buy the RE editions but I want to try them first before buying. Looking up online I did not see any threads about which retailers may have them set up to experience . I have motion sickness sensitivity that's why I want to try them first and also if you have motion sickness and bought them , how was your experience. Thanks in advance.
2018-2-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

You can always try at one of these locations. I haven't heard of too many places that will allow a demonstration of those goggles. If you have motion sickness sensitivity, you may just want to go for the regular goggles: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2018-2-13
Use props
dari_017
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-13 08:36
You can always try at one of these locations. I haven't heard of too many places that will allow a demonstration of those goggles. If you have motion sickness sensitivity, you may just want to go for the regular goggles: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

Thank you for the reply

Yes I could go for the regular ones , specially if I could try them but I don't want to buy them before testing them to see how I do. What I was thinking , just to have an idea even though is not the same , I could go to fry's electronics and try a PS VR headset , i know is not the same but it is the closest thing.
2018-2-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

You may want to check out this forum:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-131224-1-1.html
2018-2-13
Use props
dari_017
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-13 10:25

Thank you this is perfect I’ll try that .
2018-2-13
Use props
dari_017
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-13 10:25

Application time closed on Feb 8th for this. I went to the local fry's and tried the HTC Vive and PS VR and I didn't feel bad . I think I'm going to give them a try .
2018-2-13
Use props
Flanker271
lvl.2
United States

There is a zoom feature on the RE Goggle where you could virtually "move" the screen closer or away from your eyes.  When zoomed all the way out, the view is very similar to using a Fatshark goggle, equivalent of viewing a 42" TV from 3m away.  I don't think you'll get motion sickness with that setting.  When zoomed all the way in, it is extremely immersive and you could barely see the border of the screen.  You might get motion sickness when zoomed all the way in.  The zoom is adjustable so you should be able to find a comfortable setting.  
I originally had the same intention of wanting to try it out first before buying, but none of my local Best Buy store or Apple Store carried the goggles.  I ended up took the plunge and I'm extremely happy with the purchase.  It is a very high quality product.  I fly FPV racing drones and will never go back to a regular goggle.  Besides the design flaw of having no diopter adjustment, everything on the RE goggle is a win.     
2018-2-15
Use props
dari_017
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Flanker271 Posted at 2018-2-15 10:09
There is a zoom feature on the RE Goggle where you could virtually "move" the screen closer or away from your eyes.  When zoomed all the way out, the view is very similar to using a Fatshark goggle, equivalent of viewing a 42" TV from 3m away.  I don't think you'll get motion sickness with that setting.  When zoomed all the way in, it is extremely immersive and you could barely see the border of the screen.  You might get motion sickness when zoomed all the way in.  The zoom is adjustable so you should be able to find a comfortable setting.  
I originally had the same intention of wanting to try it out first before buying, but none of my local Best Buy store or Apple Store carried the goggles.  I ended up took the plunge and I'm extremely happy with the purchase.  It is a very high quality product.  I fly FPV racing drones and will never go back to a regular goggle.  Besides the design flaw of having no diopter adjustment, everything on the RE goggle is a win.

Nice thank you for that info,  I didn't know you could do that with the googles , yeah I will definitely fly with the screen moved away until I get used to it. I ordered a pair on Amazon , they got delivered today , I'll set em up download latest firmware etc and test them as soon as I get a chance to fly .
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules