MAVIC PRO- Inconsistent App Version #'s Causing Transmission Prob...
345 1 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnBaxter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5709 ft
United States

Hello -

Received new Mavic in past few weeks. Was working well until recent updates (at least the timing seems to point to that as the issue). Transmission quality has been so bad I literally cannot fly, due to lag, chop, pixelation, etc. It starts immediately once aircraft is started. Before I mention attempted fixes, I'm using a Samsung s5 (this Android phone was was fine previously).

I wanted to make sure my app and firmware versions were correct. The most recent DJI recent release notes state:

Date: 2018.02.09
Firmware: v01.04.0300
DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.2.5

That all checked out EXCEPT when I check the app version on the phone, it states v4.2.6 NOT .5.

Is it possible this is causing a conflict since it's not the version noted on release notes from just a few days ago? If possible, I'm not sure if I can downgrade or not and / or if that's a good idea before other potential fixes.

Before noticing that, and in an effort to avoid attempting a firmware downgrade, I've tried the following in troubleshooting, to no avail.

- Different USB cables including DJI branded ones.
- Used side port and bottom USB between phone and RC.
- Tried my Brother's Samsung s5
- Set USB debugging to on in Samsung settings, also tried w/out it being turned on.
- Cleared video & photo cache, as well as flight route.
- In transmission settings, also tried Smooth and Normal.

Again - all was going well and I was ready to dive into camera settings and other parameters, but have been essentially grounded with the poor transmission quality. Frustrated as hell and will appreciate any and all feedback / help / tips, etc. Thanks!
2018-2-12
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

The app version of 4.2.6 should not make any difference. When a new firmware version is released it can sometimes give an older app version number. What tends to happen is that each time a new app version is released, it tends to get heavier on phone resources.  You may need to try the usual of putting the phone in airplane mode and also turning off bluetooth.
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules