DJI Pilot app already paired to Inspire
1451 8 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wbnations
New

United States

I can't seem to initiate the registration and setup of the P3 + Pilot App, because my app has previously been used for an Inspire 1.

Any ideas?

2015-4-29
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

Interesting. I don't see why that would be an issue since the device gets connected to the remote control of the drone.

Is it the Android app?
Have you tried re-installing the app?
2015-4-29
Use props
wbnations
New

United States

iOS

I have tried reinstalling the app on an iPhone 6+, no luck.

Also tried an iPad air 2, same results...just a black screen with all requests timing out.

Edit: Controller is definitly paired with the drone, operates the gimbal correctly.
2015-4-29
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

There's a known issue with the iOS app which is yet to be fixed by Apple/DJI, this could be the reason why it's not working?
2015-4-29
Use props
wbnations
New

United States

Yeah, due to the re-installs I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with my previous Inspire 1 use.

Is this current bug affecting people's ability to register the P3s via iOS?

Edit, again: Found the app update delay, that's the culprit. Sorry to be late to the party!

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/04/28/apples-app-store-review-delays-temporarily-ground-djis-new-phantom-3-drone
2015-4-29
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

As an IOS app developer, I would love to know more details about the "misstatement" DJI made to Apple about the app. It sounds like there is something a bit odd about the app. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the map caching or perhaps the use of WiFi at the same time as Cellular data. Anything DJI can say about the question Apple has would be helpful to other app developers who may face the same situation.
2015-4-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2015-4-30 22:57
As an IOS app developer, I would love to know more details about the "misstatement" DJI made to Appl ...

None of the above.
2015-4-30
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

OK another guess: DId you apply for the MFI program when you communicated with the controller over the Lightning cable? I will keep guessing.
2015-5-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2015-5-1 23:40
OK another guess: DId you apply for the MFI program when you communicated with the controller over ...

You will get no information from me and that is my final response.  Sorry.
2015-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules