Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO - 4k 60 fps/ 1080p 120fps/240 with the OM2?
12Next >
28822 50 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Not sure if this has been asked before.  I just got the Osmo Mobile 2 which I'm loving very much but I noticed that the DJI GO app only lets me record video up to 4k 30 fps or 1080p at 60 fps.  I own the iPhone 8 plus and I can record up to 40k 60 fps/ 1080 at 120/240 using 3rd party apps like Filmic Pro.  Would a future update provide these higher frames or am I missing something?  I am using the latest firmware.  I would like to stay within the DJI GO app so I can utilize all of its features.  Thanks.
2018-2-13
Use props
CynicalZombie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

I would like this as well.  My iPhone X can also handle 4K 60fps and slo-mo at 1080p 240fps.  DJI, let me take advantage of what my phone can do!
2018-2-13
Use props
VR6OOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61148 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just use filmic pro while the gimbal is on. It will still work.
2018-2-13
Use props
Hurricane John
lvl.3
Flight distance : 475092 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1, I would love to have more resolution options for my iPhone X.  I have Filmic Pro as well but it's currently not fully compatible with the Osmo Mobile 2 and I'd like to use the other cool features in DJI Go just with better resolution and frame rate options.
2018-2-13
Use props
grandpoobah
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-13 14:52
Have you checked the camera settings under the settings icon on the app ?

Hey Mark, I am having the same issue with my iphone X.  When I first got the OM2 and used it for the first time I noticed I had all the available resolutions and frame rates however, ever since then, I only get a limited selection of them.  See the attached photo.  I am using the latest version of the app and running ios 11.2.5.

2018-2-13
Use props
Hurricane John
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

grandpoobah Posted at 2018-2-13 17:43
Hey Mark, I am having the same issue with my iphone X.  When I first got the OM2 and used it for the first time I noticed I had all the available resolutions and frame rates however, ever since then, I only get a limited selection of them.  See the attached photo.  I am using the latest version of the app and running ios 11.2.5.

[view_image]

I also have those same options on my iPhone X and no others.
2018-2-13
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-13 14:52
Have you checked the camera settings under the settings icon on the app ?

Hi Mark.  Again the camera settings does not show the option to record in 4k 60 fps or 1080p 120/240.  I have the latest DJI Go update.  We definitely need an updated version so we can record at higher frame rates without leaving the DJI Go app.  Any ideas if DJI will ever update this?  Meanwhile, I will keep using Filmic Pro.  Thanks.  
2018-2-14
Use props
Macreo
lvl.2

Canada

VR6OOM Posted at 2018-2-13 09:32
Just use filmic pro while the gimbal is on. It will still work.

I don't believe FilmicPro is compatible with OM2 yet.
2018-2-14
Use props
dezign999
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27297 ft
United States

Another iPhone X user here, I can confirm I only have the same options posted above. I would prefer to work in 4k/60FPS, which is the only reason I got the X to begin with.
2018-2-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Joemar7 Posted at 2018-2-14 06:28
Hi Mark.  Again the camera settings does not show the option to record in 4k 60 fps or 1080p 120/240.  I have the latest DJI Go update.  We definitely need an updated version so we can record at higher frame rates without leaving the DJI Go app.  Any ideas if DJI will ever update this?  Meanwhile, I will keep using Filmic Pro.  Thanks.

No current time frame.  If and when it does happen, it would be with a firmware update.
2018-2-14
Use props
grandpoobah
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-14 07:50
No current time frame.  If and when it does happen, it would be with a firmware update.

Ya... that's not acceptable. DJI was fully aware of this issue way back when the OM1 was realeased.  People have been requesting it since then and yet DJI thinks they know better?  Please!  All you have to do is do an update to the app that allows the setting to be selected that matches the settings available on the user's phone.  This would literally take a day to write the code.  Its not like you are having to update the firmware of the device itself or having to create something brand new.  Seriously, its a few lines of code.  It appears DJI is becoming less concerned about the quality of their products and the user's experience and more concerned with just throwing products out to market that are unrefined.  Get with the program DJI, or else you will be inviting competition into your market.
2018-2-14
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

You guys are not doing any research - this has been a well documented issue with Osmo users to DJI, going back to 2016. See this thread where DJI Mindy said in 2016 "Our engineers will improve in the future" (there are also several other threads discussing this issue going back well over a year with the original Osmo):

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=63766

We are nearly 2 years ahead now and nothing has changed even since the release of the first Osmo. If I want to film in 4k @ 60fps, I don't use the DJI Go App and just use my regular phone camera. It's a pain and for some reason DJI hasn't made the update despite a lot of feedback from the community and advancement from smartphones telling them otherwise.
2018-2-14
Use props
CynicalZombie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

It begs the question of why would Apple have an exclusive deal with DJI for a product that can use their latest and greatest iPhone X but not use the full capabilities of its camera?
2018-2-14
Use props
Badger Strider
lvl.1
United States

Notice how DJI runs and hide as soon people starting pointing their flaws and broken promises?
2018-2-15
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

Hurricane John Posted at 2018-2-13 14:27
+1, I would love to have more resolution options for my iPhone X.  I have Filmic Pro as well but it's currently not fully compatible with the Osmo Mobile 2 and I'd like to use the other cool features in DJI Go just with better resolution and frame rate options.

What isn't fully functional?

I got the OM2 but waiting to buy Filmic Pro cause it's not ocmpatible?

Can you please help me know if I should still download it.
2018-2-15
Use props
Hurricane John
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

slimharry Posted at 2018-2-15 09:48
What isn't fully functional?

I got the OM2 but waiting to buy Filmic Pro cause it's not ocmpatible?

It doesn’t appear to understand what to do with the button presses yet.  The joystick works fine as you’d expect the the M button doesn’t control anything that I can tell.
2018-2-15
Use props
dezign999
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27297 ft
United States

Wind Junkie Posted at 2018-2-14 08:16
You guys are not doing any research - this has been a well documented issue with Osmo users to DJI, going back to 2016. See this thread where DJI Mindy said in 2016 "Our engineers will improve in the future" (there are also several other threads discussing this issue going back well over a year with the original Osmo):

There was no iPhone X in 2016, or 4K 60FPS on any iOS devices. Doing research for devices that have yet to exist isn't easy without plutonium and a delorean.
2018-2-16
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

dezign999 Posted at 2018-2-16 07:57
There was no iPhone X in 2016, or 4K 60FPS on any iOS devices. Doing research for devices that have yet to exist isn't easy without plutonium and a delorean.

There has been 4k @ 60fps since 2017, but the issue goes back to 2016, as mentioned in the link I shared
2018-2-17
Use props
TobuChan
lvl.1
Canada

4kp60 and 1080p240 requires recording in HEVC, the DJI app does not handle that yet. I’m guessing their whole ecosystem for sharing video etc needs to be updated to play nice with HEVC.
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, currently, 4k 60 fps/ 1080p 120fps/240 fps are not available for Osmo Mobile series products, we apologize for the inconvenience caused, your request will be forwarded to our engineers for attention.
Temporarily, we suggest to use HID function, which means when you connect to Osmo Mobile 2's Bluetooth, you can also use the stock Camera APP in your phone for shooting where you can select a higher resolution, Osmo Mobile 2 could just to a stabilizer. The shutter and video buttons in the handle can be used to control the volume button in your phone, thereby to trigger the video and picture taking.
We will keep listening to all the feedback from our customers and impoving our products, appreciate your understanding.
2018-2-23
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-23 23:31
Hi all, currently, 4k 60 fps/ 1080p 120fps/240 fps are not available for Osmo Mobile series products, we apologize for the inconvenience caused, your request will be forwarded to our engineers for attention.
Temporarily, we suggest to use HID function, which means when you connect to Osmo Mobile 2's Bluetooth, you can also use the stock Camera APP in your phone for shooting where you can select a higher resolution, Osmo Mobile 2 could just to a stabilizer. The shutter and video buttons in the handle can be used to control the volume button in your phone, thereby to trigger the video and picture taking.
We will keep listening to all the feedback from our customers and impoving our products, appreciate your understanding.

Mindy you asked me to PM you and never got back to me it's been over 2 weeks. Can you please respond?
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

slimharry Posted at 2018-2-24 08:33
Mindy you asked me to PM you and never got back to me it's been over 2 weeks. Can you please respond?

I'm terribly sorry for the late response because of the long holiday, sorry that the serial number you provided cannot be found in our system, could you please verify again or post the picture here? Thank you very much.
2018-2-27
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795404 ft

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-14 07:50

hope dpi can see the seriousness of the issue.. bad review started showing on the App store
2018-4-9
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795404 ft

Wind Junkie Posted at 2018-2-14 08:16

WOW sad not gonna buy it any more
2018-4-9
Use props
Hifi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 510810 ft
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-23 23:31

I am using Osmo Mobile 2 (Firmware 2.2.0.30), iPhone 7 (iOS 11.3.1) and DJI Go (3.1.31).

For special purpose I need the highest available Slo-Mo resolution and framerate. On the iPhone 7 this is 1080p@120fps. When using the DJI Go app Slo-Mo is 720p@240fps, right? This is too low, I need a higher resolution.

Will the higher Slo-Mo resolution ever be available in the DJI Go app?

Which workaround do you recommend as an alternative? Different app? Different phone? Different stabilizer? Special postproduction?

Using the OM2 with the iPhone camera app connected by bluetooth works, but the gimbal adjustment is missing in this setup. I always have to adjust the horizontal orientation, or in other words the roll angle.

Any help is appreciated.
2018-4-28
Use props
Hifi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 510810 ft
Germany

Hifi Posted at 2018-4-28 09:27
I am using Osmo Mobile 2 (Firmware 2.2.0.30), iPhone 7 (iOS 11.3.1) and DJI Go (3.1.31).

For special purpose I need the highest available Slo-Mo resolution and framerate. On the iPhone 7 this is 1080p@120fps. When using the DJI Go app Slo-Mo is 720p@240fps, right? This is too low, I need a higher resolution.

Edit: What is the framerate when using Slo-Mo in the DJI Go app? Analyzing a test file shows different rates in different apps. Free MP4 Converter shows 240fps, QuickTime Player shows 66,52fps, HandBrake shows 199.647fps.
2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hifi Posted at 2018-4-28 09:27

For special purpose I need the highest available Slo-Mo resolution and framerate. On the iPhone 7 this is 1080p@120fps. When using the DJI Go app Slo-Mo is 720p@240fps, right? This is too low, I need a higher resolution.

Hifi, sorry for my late response, the resolution of slow-motion in iOS DJI Go is 720P and the general frame rate is 200fps, there is no other way to shoot higher resolution, we will keep improving our products to make you have better experience.
2018-5-4
Use props
Nomolas
New
Denmark

I have an iPhone 8 Plus it workes fine as stabilisation goes. But there i basically stops. I live in Europe where we as standard use 25 frames pr. sec. and 24 for cinematic shots.  First of all I can only choose 30 and 60 frames pr. sec. which is totally useless in Europe.  The tracking feature is good though, but I cant use it in FiLMiC Pro as long as other features. This Could sincerely be better, no question about that. So whats the horizon, for these updates???
2018-7-1
Use props
Peter-McC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69485 ft
United Kingdom

VR6OOM Posted at 2018-2-13 09:32
Just use filmic pro while the gimbal is on. It will still work.

I had a look at Filmic Pro for my Samsung Note 8. Strangely the evaluator says that it can only record 30 fps even though the native camera app supports 60 fps at 1080p.

Has anyone found a way to record 60 fps with the Osmo 2 and still control from the handle?
2018-7-31
Use props
liamski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125784 ft
United Kingdom

Peter-McC Posted at 2018-7-31 03:53
I had a look at Filmic Pro for my Samsung Note 8. Strangely the evaluator says that it can only record 30 fps even though the native camera app supports 60 fps at 1080p.

I wonder if that is a limit just for the Evaluator version? I have the paid version on my Galaxy S9+ and I can do 1080/60 and can go up to 1080/240.... both work fine with my OM2...

2018-7-31
Use props
4BYE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 391444 ft
Netherlands

This is what I get with Samsung S9+. I don't even see what frame rate it is.
I'm really disappointed in the app.
2018-8-15
Use props
PITS Paul
lvl.2

dezign999 Posted at 2018-2-16 07:57

Lol, good one
2018-9-20
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I borrowed iPhone 6s from my friend to use with Osmo mobile 2, immediately i felt so frustrated compared with my S7. It lacked alot of features like slow motion, zooming was so jittery to make dolly zoom video even i put settings to slow. May be DJI just put so much effort on iOS. CrystalSky may be an exception case. At the end, I may think of getting iOS device just for those.
2018-9-21
Use props
LightinMotion
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hey all!
I began reading this thread much like most of you because I didn’t understand my frame rate and output limitations. However, If you want manual control still, and are ok with out some of the DJI features, I use Momentum, and it’s awesome. I know its for iOS but I’m sure it’s available for others as well. Just check in the App Store or google momentum app. Hope that helps some as it did me!
2018-11-7
Use props
d0m3y
New
Austria

i have an osmo mobile gen 1 and want to use it with my iPhone Xs Max but i have the same problem as you no 4k60fps or 1080p240fps, is there any plan to add that in the near future? otherwise i have to sell the osmo mobile because i want to use the default app. and yes i have filmic pro but it lacks some features like motion time lapse
2018-11-30
Use props
d0m3y
New
Austria

d0m3y Posted at 11-30 04:09
i have an osmo mobile gen 1 and want to use it with my iPhone Xs Max but i have the same problem as you no 4k60fps or 1080p240fps, is there any plan to add that in the near future? otherwise i have to sell the osmo mobile because i want to use the default app. and yes i have filmic pro but it lacks some features like motion time lapse

sorry forgot to add version numbers:
DJI Go version: v3.1.47
Osmo Mobile: 1.6.0.80
iOS: 12.1
2018-11-30
Use props
rydawg
New
United States

LG had a promotion on their new LG V40 and you would receive a DJI OSMO mobile 2. Well mine finally arrived today and like many others in this post mine only shows support for 720 and 1080p.

My phone supports the following resolutions

However in the app it shows the following

DJI Go version 3.1.46
Firmware 2.2.0.30
Android 8.1.0
2018-12-3
Use props
yankee8
New
Poland

Got mine couple of days ago and why android app is worse than iphone app WTF?? Where is slow mo and frame rates on video. Think i'm gona back this gimbal.
2019-1-19
Use props
djiuser_VEqo3W2gmO1b
lvl.1

Austria

..just realized this issue - what a f#%k up !!
..did u find any work arounds? hate not beeing able to use active track in the resolution my phone can go..
..gopro getting a real alternative again I guess..
2019-1-30
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

djiuser_VEqo3W2gmO1b Posted at 1-30 03:59
..just realized this issue - what a f#%k up !!
..did u find any work arounds? hate not beeing able to use active track in the resolution my phone can go..
..gopro getting a real alternative again I guess..

My workaround is the Osmo Pocket.  I can record 4k 60 fps.  It also has auto track.  It's not a perfect camera but it does the trick sometimes.  To be honest, I hardly use the OM2 anymore and only use it when I need native 120 fps using the Filmic Pro app.  
2019-2-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules