Battery Issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kmurray6155
New
United States

My P3 4K battery has about 12 charge cycles on it and is about 6 months old.  I recently tried to fully discharge the battery according to the DJI recommendations.  After discharging the battery became puffed and will not charge.  Has anyone else had this happen?  The battery has NEVER been flown below 30% and is always stored at the storage charge level.
2018-2-13
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

There is only a 6 month warranty on batteries.  If you're still under that, even by a single day, send it back immediately.
2018-2-13
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Sorry to hear this ...

But where does DJI recc'd after 12 charges to fully discharge ?

In fact they have never advised to FULLY discharge a LiPo battery - that is DEATH to a LiPo .....

They used to recc'd Deep discharge after 20 cycles ..... which is to 3V per cell (12V total), which is a different matter - what is termed zero level but in fact is lowest safest level of discharge.

DJI control board is supposed to stop discharge at about 3v per cell - but trouble is as I found out after dismantling and checking actual board etc. - the board regards 12V rather than individual cell 3.0v as its terminator ... I found one cell well below that. I suspect that is what happened to you.

As other says - IF you have any days left on warranty - GET IT REGISTERED for return NOW !!

Nigel
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules