Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Fan and FW, different sequence for power optimisation?
917 10 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
250Flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19170 ft
United Kingdom

So, has anyone else noticed this with their Spark?
After updating to the latest update, I noticed now the fan in my Spark sometimes fully stops for 1-2 seconds and restarts (just the fan stops and restarts (the power stays on to the drone) while it does this..

Its almost like when you update your spark and to finalise the install it restarts before completing.

Mine has done this twice in the matter of 20mins just sitting there, normally fan just speeds up or changes speed WITHOUT turning OFF completely, but now it sometimes turns the fan FULLY OFF then after a few seconds - fan starts again at a different higher speed.

Could this be a Firmware issue where there is a different sequence for power optimisation with the fan?

(Sorry its another fan thread but its new to me)

2018-2-13
Use props
250Flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

If anyone is aware of this please comment As I’m unsure to fly or not since its started doing this
2018-2-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please shoot a video about the situation for further check. The speed of fan will change according to the temperature of the drone. Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-2-13
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you talking about during the actual process of doing the firmware upgrade?  If so, then yes, I think it is normal for the Spark to go through different cycles including a period where it does seem like it is rebooting.  I have no idea about power optimization or not, but it sounds normal to me.  Like DJI Elektra suggested, maybe making a video showing what you are seeing might be useful to be able to properly answer your question.
2018-2-13
Use props
250Flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Seems no one understands my question yet again.

Never mind.

This forum is abit of a waste of time.

2018-2-14
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

I ran mine for almost 3/4 battery, and the fan varied speed a slight amount as it sat, but it never stopped running, all my downloads are current, you might have a problem.
2018-2-14
Use props
250Flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Grmachine Posted at 2018-2-14 05:32
I ran mine for almost 3/4 battery, and the fan varied speed a slight amount as it sat, but it never stopped running, all my downloads are current, you might have a problem.

Hmm... maybe not.  SEE this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-113114-1-1.html
2018-2-14
Use props
250Flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Did you see the thread? https://forum.dji.com/thread-113114-1-1.html
2018-2-14
Use props
250Flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It only stops for 1second to change speed. But it does stop. Not always but when it does it stops to speed up. Fan sounds fine a nice wooooshhh sound with plenty of airflow
2018-2-14
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

Yeah, looks like it is probably normal behavior, based on environment, and or internal cooling needs.
2018-2-14
Use props
250Flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It only stops for 1second to change speed. But it does stop. Not always but when it does it stops to speed up. Fan sounds fine a nice wooooshhh sound with plenty of airflow
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules