2296 44 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

eman_vg Posted at 2018-2-16 18:40
Yes

I found this footage very odd given that its 4k and looks so bad quality. I will reset camera settings and use an ND filter tomorrow morning when I shoot. Do I use the sunny WB setting when there are these conditions of weather?

All that 4K will deliver is higher resolution, it is still possible to get the settings wrong. Check you are not set for shooting D-log, and the sunny White Balance setting would be OK. But most of all, become familiar with using the histogram to manually expose the camera, that is very important.
2018-2-16
Use props
Fruxen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1370630 ft
Sweden

eman_vg Posted at 2018-2-16 16:02
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8ctd5q651gfkj2/DJI_0110.MOV?dl=0

This is one of my several recording clips that I have made this day.

Just to politely be clear that we are not misunderstanding each other... the video you see in the web browser when you click the URL is just a compressed preview. Not the actual footage. You have to download the video file to view it properly.

I downloaded it and my first impression is that it does indeed look a bit odd and underexposed but not obviously "broken" like from a faulty camera.

I compared it and the clip looks similar to some test footage I took with 4K, Sharpness +3 and Contrast +3. Which are not suitable settings because you get oversharpened edges and noise, regardless of ND filter etc. I would double check that all your camera settings are set to default values.
2018-2-17
Use props
Fruxen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1370630 ft
Sweden

The video is indeed 3840x2160.
Here is a screenshot with some quick adjustments in Adobe Premiere. Exposure increased to 2,2, Contrast lowered to -50, and some added saturation. Other than the oversharpened edges it looks fine to me.

2018-2-17
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

Fruxen Posted at 2018-2-17 02:47
The video is indeed 3840x2160.
Here is a screenshot with some quick adjustments in Adobe Premiere. Exposure increased to 2,2, Contrast lowered to -50, and some added saturation. Other than the oversharpened edges it looks fine to me.

wow. Thank you for the Editing suggestions, I am flying it today and reseting all my settings to see the result it gives me. I appreciate the help!
2018-2-17
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

For anyone interested, I flew today and watched the footage after reseting the camera, and using an ND filter this time. I recorded in 2.7k and the footage looks amazing. So in conclusion, if you are having this issue, reset the camera settings.

Thanks to everyone who helped me.
I'll link the footage once uploaded to YouTube.
2018-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules