Mavic Air Pilots - Australia Master Thread
1046 7 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djshotty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3553 ft
Australia

I live on the east coast of New South Wales, Australia, and have just purchased a white Mavic Air. From a quick scope around the DJI Forums, I'm yet to find a thread exclusively for Australian Mavic Air pilots - somewhere we can discuss stuff which is exclusive to our big brown land. What I'm hoping this thread becomes is a point where anyone flying a Mavic Air in Australian skies can come to ask questions about regulations, get tips and tricks on cinematography, how to fly the aircraft and share links to their videos. Let the discussion begin!
2018-2-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Umm, how about the Australia Regional forum here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... peid&typeid=398
2018-2-13
Use props
djshotty
lvl.2
Australia

"I'm yet to find a thread exclusively for Australian Mavic Air pilots"

That 'Regional' forum is for pilots of all DJI aircraft. I was kinda hoping to have a little corner where only Mavic Air pilots could chat just about that one model.
2018-2-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djshotty Posted at 2018-2-14 06:19
"I'm yet to find a thread exclusively for Australian Mavic Air pilots"

That 'Regional' forum is for pilots of all DJI aircraft. I was kinda hoping to have a little corner where only Mavic Air pilots could chat just about that one model.

Yeah, I noted that. But you also said that you thought that a forum "where anyone flying a Mavic Air in Australian skies can come to ask questions about regulations, get tips and tricks on cinematography, how to fly the aircraft and share links to their videos."
All of those things you thought it would be good to discuss - and I don't disagree with you - are mostly specific to Australia, and not specific to the model. If you look at the threads on the Regional forum you'll see that that's exactly what's discussed too.
I suppose I just personally don't see the benefit of having such a thread here. But whatever - others may feel differently.
2018-2-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sounds like the wagons are being circled. Lol
2018-2-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-14 13:31
Sounds like the wagons are being circled. Lol

Haha. Nah, it's an open forum and we have the freedom to do what we want (within the rules). It's just a question here of where would a relevant discussion be logically placed for people to find it.
2018-2-14
Use props
djshotty
lvl.2
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-2-14 13:58
Haha. Nah, it's an open forum and we have the freedom to do what we want (within the rules). It's just a question here of where would a relevant discussion be logically placed for people to find it.

"All of those things you thought it would be good to discuss - and I don't disagree with you - are mostly specific to Australia"

Yes, that may be right, but logical thinking people don't join a Holden owners forum to discuss their VE Series SV6 Commodore with people who drive an Astra, or a Colorado, or a Malibu. Logical thinking people don't join a Ford owners forum to discuss their BA Series XR6 Turbo with people who drive Ranger utes, or the new Mustang coupé, or Focus RS hatchbacks. You might do that, considering all I have to go off when assessing what kind of person you are is a few lame and utterly unnecessary comments. As for everything else, I don't know you from a bar of soap, but then again nor do you know anything about what kind of person I  am...

"where would a relevant discussion be logically placed for people to find it"

Right in a thread titled 'Mavic Air Pilots - Australia', or at least I was hoping it would. Then again, there's one in every crowd...
2018-2-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djshotty Posted at 2018-2-14 22:03
... You might do that, considering all I have to go off when assessing what kind of person you are is a few lame and utterly unnecessary comments. As for everything else, I don't know you from a bar of soap, but then again nor do you know anything about what kind of person I  am...

Hmm, what a complete waste of a post. Logical people wanting to discuss regulations for flying in Australia would be better served going to the Australian forum (or looking on the CASA site), not looking under forums for the model of craft they fly. The rules for flying in Australia are no different between a Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Phantom, etc. And people wanting to discuss tips on taking videos or flying would be better off spending time in the main forum, which is perfectly adequate for that. But whatever - you've degraded this thread to something personal because I offered a view, but I wish you well regardless.
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules