Poll:Do you think Mavic Air should get a separate forum from Mavi...
12Next >
3133 70 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Why don't you moderators create a separate forum for Mavic Air? Is kind of frustating when I come here to find some info about Mavic Pro and the forum is flooded with Mavic Air threads.... I believe the same happens to Mavic Air pilots... What do you guys think?
Single SelectVote, Total 218 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

84.40% (184)
8.72% (19)
6.88% (15)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-2-13
Use props
Castyn
lvl.1
  • >>>
New Zealand

Yes, because the hoops you have to jump through due to the GOP issue with mavic pro should not end up confusing mavic air people who don't have that issue.
2018-2-13
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

To me it would be natural that two such different looking drones should have each their own forum. Therefore I voted yes.
2018-2-13
Use props
lovec1990
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36158 ft
Slovenia

i voed no becouse we already have forums dedicared to series We have forum for Spark series, mavic series, phanton series,...  . Giving Mavic Air its forum would be mistake becouse its Mavic air it already has place in forum dedicated to Mavics.
2018-2-13
Use props
xfirf_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Yes, please.

Why? For example: Air related DJI GO threads could be seen as Pro related and then all get confused instead of getting helped.
2018-2-13
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Apparently each Phantom series on the Phantom forum has its own tab so I can't see why the moderators can't just add a new tab for the Pro and Platinum, and the soon to be released Mavic Pro 2.
2018-2-13
Use props
lovec1990
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36158 ft
Slovenia

Monkey007 Posted at 2018-2-13 23:26
Apparently each Phantom series on the Phantom forum has its own tab so I can't see why the moderators can't just add a new tab for the Pro and Platinum, and the soon to be released Mavic Pro 2.

^^This not seperate forum
2018-2-13
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

I don't know what software this forum runs on, but they really should have nested forums, it would be a lot easier to navigate. As others have said, you get confusion as issues with one type of Mavic gets muddled into another which does not have that problem. I see that DJI have implemented "topics" which tags a thread, but this is not sufficient, as if you want to see all the issues related to the MP or MPP or MA, then just clicking their "topic" will not being you back all the threads as some may be tagged as more generic "Announcement" or "DJI GO".

Other forums I use have a much better structure and would be something like this:

> Mavic Air
-> Announcement
-> General Support
-> Camera Support
-> Hardware Support
-> Accessories
-> DJI GO
-> Goggles
-> Discussion
-> Videos & Photos
> Mavic Pro (+Platinum?)
-> Announcement
-> General Support
-> Camera Support
-> Hardware Support
-> Accessories
-> DJI GO
-> Goggles
-> Discussion
-> Videos & Photos

You could argue some of that is more generic, but announcements about firmware for instance should be drone specific and not jumbled up. Same with support requests as the hardware is different. You could argue DJI GO could have its own top level forum but then be able to tag the drone in the thread so that you can see issues for each.
2018-2-14
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Or perhaps

> Announcement (tag topics for specific drone)
> DJI GO (tag topics for specific drone)
> Videos & Photos (tag topics for specific drone)
> Goggles(tag topics for specific drone)
> MAVIC

--> Mavic Air
----> General Support
----> Camera Support
----> Hardware Support
----> Accessories
----> Discussion
--> Mavic Pro (+Platinum?)
----> General Support
----> Camera Support
----> Hardware Support
----> Accessories
----> Discussion
> PHANTOM
--> Phantom Pro 4
----> General Support
----> Camera Support
----> Hardware Support
----> Accessories
----> Discussion
--> Phantom Pro 4 Advanced
----> General Support
----> Camera Support
----> Hardware Support
----> Accessories
----> Discussion
2018-2-14
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Now if only a Moderator will look here and do something about  it.
2018-2-14
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Anyone know what the forum software is? I don't recognise it, is it custom? I'd hazard a guess if its custom we ain't getting a reorg!
2018-2-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If they change the menu structure to something other fora have it would be ok I guess.
(so you can have more sub menu's instead of these few headings)
2018-2-14
Use props
dji TO88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

It would also be good that they don't mix up the spark post with the Mavic post I see a lot of duplicates on both.
2018-2-14
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Meh, a Mavic is a Mavic.  If it folds and has a tiny 4k camera it should be in one forum.
2018-2-14
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

There's enough differences between the Air and the Pro/Platinum to have there own heading/section, imo...
2018-2-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think they should change this forum and base it on what is working very well for phantom pilots, we don’t need a complete separate forum, there are many more similarities than not around Mavic Pro and MavAir. So I believe that yes change but not many.
2018-2-14
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

I voted option 3 but intended to vote option 1.
2018-2-14
Use props
drn3px69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 213268 ft
Argentina

Like I propose some weeks back, only adding the TOPIC would be perfect to filter messages: https://forum.dji.com/thread-131081-1-1.html
2018-2-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Doesn't bother me TBH - as long as members put which drone they are referring to in the title of the thread then people can chose to click on it or not.
2018-2-14
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

I'd be flippin happy with just a tab at the top.  The people with MA are mostly new comers who don't know how clustered this forum has gotten and sometimes forget to tag MA in the header if they are discussing the Go4 app, or camera or whatever.  All that can be solved with a separate forum.  HOWEVER rather than create a different forum, adding a tab would be easier and allow others to at least FILTER out some of the other stuff.   
2018-2-14
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Really... again...? That doesn't make sense to me, there are no separate Phantom forums so if we made separate Mavic forums that would be confusing... but what really is missing is a "Mavic Pro" filter on the Mavic forum!
2018-2-14
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

I can not understand why especially those who fly Phantom are so much against the proposal..! Why can't they just continue to be happy that what they have are working well for them? I understand somehow those who do not care - there may be many reasons for that. But I do not understand, at all, that anyone can oppose the proposal.

How can you be against a better overview? Overview that makes it easier to everybody to find head and tail in all, and which in some cases will eliminate doubts when a new forum user writes he has problems with his Mavic. Everything will be more manageable, with a new and better (expanded) top menu in this forum, and DJI may as well do it now. Sooner or later it will be necessary with all the new drones coming out.
2018-2-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi everyone, we will forward your feedback to the related department. Thank you for your great support.
2018-2-14
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

After all it is a Mavic weather we like it or not.
2018-2-14
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-2-14 17:21
Hi everyone, we will forward your feedback to the related department. Thank you for your great support.

2018-2-14
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-2-14 14:30
Really... again...? That doesn't make sense to me, there are no separate Phantom forums so if we made separate Mavic forums that would be confusing... but what really is missing is a "Mavic Pro" filter on the Mavic forum!

Exactly, a "Mavic Pro' tab will solve the problem
2018-2-14
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

We now have THREE Models in One Thread and another MAVIC AIR2 toy coming soon to make it FOUR MODELS IN ONE THREAD.

So everyone has to wade through 75% of non-relevant data to find the info they need?
2018-2-14
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-2-14 18:10
After all it is a Mavic weather we like it or not.

Whether ?
2018-2-14
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

Locoman Posted at 2018-2-14 03:18
Now if only a Moderator will look here and do something about  it.

Admins and Mods are usually unpaid volunteers so don't expect too much.
2018-2-14
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

lovec1990 Posted at 2018-2-13 22:24
i voed no becouse we already have forums dedicared to series We have forum for Spark series, mavic series, phanton series,...  . Giving Mavic Air its forum would be mistake becouse its Mavic air it already has place in forum dedicated to Mavics.

But Mavic owners may smell?
2018-2-14
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

Locoman Posted at 2018-2-14 03:18
Now if only a Moderator will look here and do something about  it.

Admins and Mods are usually unpaid volunteers so don't expect too much.
2018-2-14
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Poland

Skymax. Posted at 2018-2-14 23:10
We now have THREE Models in One Thread and another MAVIC AIR2 toy coming soon to make it FOUR MODELS IN ONE THREAD.

So everyone has to wade through 75% of non-relevant data to find the info they need?

Well guess how many Phantom models there are...
2018-2-15
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-2-14 11:16
Doesn't bother me TBH - as long as members put which drone they are referring to in the title of the thread then people can chose to click on it or not.

That's an idea, but that would require each member to make that distinction during their posts, which is very unlikely.
2018-2-15
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-2-14 14:30
Really... again...? That doesn't make sense to me, there are no separate Phantom forums so if we made separate Mavic forums that would be confusing... but what really is missing is a "Mavic Pro" filter on the Mavic forum!

There ARE separate Phantom sub-forums. If I understand correctly, the OP is simply asking that DJI create the same for the Mavic line.

Mavic
|--Mavic Pro
|--Mavic Air

Just as you have:
Phantom
|--Phantom 4 Pro
|--Phantom 4 Advanced
|--Phantom 4 (Standard)
|--Phantom 3, etc.
2018-2-15
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

I do believe the mods should see those numbers!
2018-2-15
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2018-2-15 08:10
There ARE separate Phantom sub-forums. If I understand correctly, the OP is simply asking that DJI create the same for the Mavic line.

Mavic

That's correct... I should have better expressed myself
2018-2-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2018-2-15 08:07
That's an idea, but that would require each member to make that distinction during their posts, which is very unlikely.

Well, lets see what DJI come up with
2018-2-15
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Poland

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2018-2-15 08:10

Mavic

What sub-forums? Where do you see them...?
2018-2-15
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

whether.                              
2018-2-15
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4