Critical Mavic Camera Fault. Known issue DJI refuses to fix
674 2 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dwm32
lvl.1

Australia

Hey all just a fun update in case anyone doubted that DJI have the worst customer service on the planet.

I had a Mavic fall out of the sky in the USA and had to buy a replacement there. DJI wouldn’t acknowledge the fault despite the flight logs showing the error so I moved on. Unfortunately my replacement drone has a known manufacturing defect where the picture is soft, which I discovered when I returned to Australia.

Finally got DJI to agree to fix it (product is 4 months old) so sent it off to the service centre. Unfortunately they refuse to cover it under warranty and will only give me the drone back if I pay $139 for the DJI refresh.

Am I losing it or are they breaking both Australian consumer law and International consumer law buy advertising and selling a product with issues and then refusing to repair or replace it for free? The other thing is this out of focus camera issue is so commonplace and obviously known to DJI that it seems grounds for them to be doing a recall, but they continue to sell the faulty product.

Have so far read dozens of posts and watched numerous Youtube videos of others who have experienced the issue, which suggests that it's pretty widespread. Even horror stories of people getting 2 or 3 replacements with the exact same issue.

For them to have such a critical failure in their drone and to not have a straightforward recall policy in place is horrendous and I'd think grounds for consumer legal action.

Keen to know what other's experience have been with this.

2018-2-13
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I don't think you will get anywhere regarding the warranty here in Australia because you bought it in the USA.  There have been a number of discussions regarding this and, from my understanding, the warranted product has to go back to where you bought it.
I think the option they gave you is probably the best one.
2018-2-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please provide me the case number and I will check the information for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules