My drone crashed fo no apparent reason.
8013 95 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

fans5c2b6e7a Posted at 2018-2-16 17:06
The more I think about it the more getting stuck in a tree makes sense. I think it hit the branches hard and the GPS was knocked off and went into the creek below. That would explain the connection loss. According the the last GPS location it should be on a tree above a creek. I'm going to fly around the trees Saturday and see if I can spot it on video. Sunday I'm going out on foot again to see if I can find it. This time I'm bring my 25 year old son. I'm pushing 60 and I am not as mobile as I used to be.
Never mind, I thought it was somebody else who posted they found their drone.
2018-4-24
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3589859 ft
United States

HWCM Posted at 2018-2-13 20:49
You were  using Litchi, they will deny a warranty claim. It has been proven 100 times. They do not cover third party apps because they can not use their flight logs to determine the issue. Sorry.
Also, its not a MAY-VIC pro, It is MAV-VIC.

Also, its not a MAY-VIC pro, It is MAV-VIC.?

F*** off troll.
2018-4-24
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-2-17 13:52
I have to agree.  I didn't look at your log file, but the video showed definite spinning (fairly flat).  To me, that looks like a hit.  A prop would immediately put it upside down and continue unpredictably out of control after that.  On the other hand, a hawk hit may snap a prop, but would likely send it spinning before the effect of a broken prop kicks in.

I still would have dropped altitude and landed as soon as possible after finding the wind was so bad it made control questionable...but that's just me.  In fact, if it got into a situation where the wind wouldn't let you bring it home at all, I'd just look for a soft and clear place to put it down so you can go get it.  Thirteen MPH isn't enough to take control away.  It's kinda rare to find the wind lower than that around here a lot of times.

The wind was really an issue. I had zero control. Hind site is 20-20. I had no options other than watching it crash.
2018-4-24
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

fans5c2b6e7a Posted at 2018-4-24 20:54
There is a video on YouTube of a guy who flew his Mavic Pro into a waterfall then tried to find it with a RC Submarine. Last time I checked he is still looking for it.

now that's determination!
2018-4-25
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

I am pleased and happy for you that you found it,  all right!
2018-4-25
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Russia

What a compelling thread! I'm glad that you found your Mavic in the end, fans5c2b6e7a.
Seems like the prop had failed near the joint (or had it been the joint itself?). It's good that they've decided to make Mavic Air's props non-foldable, I hope it makes them more reliable.
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans5c2b6e7a Posted at 2018-4-23 22:55
Good thing it wasn't my fault.

Glad to hear that. I believe that your problem will be solved soon.
2018-4-30
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

This is what DJI says. Really?

Dear Customer,
You repair service of Mavic Pro has been quoted by our repair team. Please refer to the invoice below and complete your payment via Paypal.
Invoice
Customer:        WoodgateDennis
Case No:        CAS-1707232-V6N6H1
DJI Care Balance:       
Quote Date:         05-04-18
Remarks:        NON-WARRANTY PER DATA ANALYSIS. Inconclusive, Data Missing FLY000 N/A 1. Data missing/overwritten on Flight Controller. 2. Data cannot be provided via app. Conclusion: Cannot verify crash. Activation date: 01-25-2018 SN: 08QDEBG00S4051 Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. We will either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit http://www.dji.com/service/policy

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Mavic Pro Aircraft & Gimbal (Excluding remote controller, Battery, Battery Charger, Propellers, SD Card, and AC Cable)        1        696.00        696.00
Mavic Intelligent Flight Battery (20)        1        89.00        89.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        785.00
Discount:                        -235.50
DJI Care deduction:                        0.00
Total Payment:                        549.50

Payment by Paypal:    Payment Links

Please make sure Your Case No. is included in your Payment Information when completing your transaction.
This is an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email: support.us@dji.com
Online Support: Online Support

Thank you for choosing DJI

Best Regards,
DJI Support
2018-5-4
Use props
djiuser_xaiXJrd3NjK6
New

United Kingdom

fans5c2b6e7a Posted at 2018-2-13 21:51
What do you think happened? I have no clue. It just started spinning and fell from the sky.

It happened the same with mine. I lift it 10-12m in the air, turned to put on my car bonnet the gimbal cover and the next thing the drone was spinning on the ground. It makes sense now - one motor failed. Whatever people are saying - there's no way the drone is in chaotic free falling unless there's an issue with the hardware.
At the moment is with them in Netherlands for repairs; they are waiting to check the logs and the strangest thing in this is that there's no log for that flight.
2018-6-8
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

djiuser_xaiXJrd3NjK6 Posted at 2018-6-8 10:08
It happened the same with mine. I lift it 10-12m in the air, turned to put on my car bonnet the gimbal cover and the next thing the drone was spinning on the ground. It makes sense now - one motor failed. Whatever people are saying - there's no way the drone is in chaotic free falling unless there's an issue with the hardware.
At the moment is with them in Netherlands for repairs; they are waiting to check the logs and the strangest thing in this is that there's no log for that flight.

When you look in the DJI GO 4 app do you see a flight log for the flight?  If so post it here and send a link for others to check over.  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-6-8
Use props
bjunior
New

fans5c2b6e7a Posted at 2018-2-13 20:48
This literally could happen to anyone. I had 60 hours and 400 miles of logged flight time with this UAV. It commited suicide.

Buy did it come straight at you after takeoff?  This happened today with my mavic air. It came directly at me after take off and I had to swat it away. Cut my finger,thumb, and leg up a bit.  Tracking down all receipts at this point.  Good thing it didn't go after my children.  Firmware was updated, sensors had been calibrated last night.  It took off, was wobbly and wouldn't respond to anything in regards to landing.  It just came right at me like four effing weed trimmers with blades.
2018-9-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

bjunior Posted at 2018-9-15 12:16
Buy did it come straight at you after takeoff?  This happened today with my mavic air. It came directly at me after take off and I had to swat it away. Cut my finger,thumb, and leg up a bit.  Tracking down all receipts at this point.  Good thing it didn't go after my children.  Firmware was updated, sensors had been calibrated last night.  It took off, was wobbly and wouldn't respond to anything in regards to landing.  It just came right at me like four effing weed trimmers with blades.

Although I have an idea already what probably has happened, I would suggest you upload your flightrecord to this site and share the link with us, then we can tell you more: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
The flightrecord is stored in a DJI subdirectory on your mobile device.
2018-9-15
Use props
djiuser_SnzrTk7JIbky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1206969 ft

Mine did the same thing today. For no reason just came straight down. Sent it straight in to DJI.
2018-10-20
Use props
djiuser_SnzrTk7JIbky
lvl.1

Mine did the same thing today. For no reason just came straight down. Sent it straight in to DJI.
2018-10-20
Use props
Mirage711
lvl.1

This just happen to me today. Terrible.. No bird strike just fell down at about 125 ft.
2018-10-20
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

Mirage711 Posted at 2018-10-20 00:37
This just happen to me today. Terrible.. No bird strike just fell down at about 125 ft.

I never did update this thread but I did wind up repairing the drone myself for less than 100$ in parts. Got a pulled camera from eBay for 65$. I also needed a new fan, new camera mount and a landing pad. After lots of re-calibrations it's as good as new now.

I have over 125 hours of flight so I have seen a lot. Whatever can go wrong will go wrong eventually no matter how much experience you have. I had a similar crash to the one you described last year. It turned out to be a faulty data cable sending rogue signals to the drone. Here's the video link:
2018-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules