New P3P cannot connect to ANDROID app. Is this a FIRMWARE issue?
1023 4 2015-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi.  I bought a new Android tablet due to the delay of the iOS app.  But I still cannot connect my controller to the new Android tablet.  Customer support chat said that I would need to update my firmware before connecting.
Just wanted to bounce this off you guys to see if that sounds right.  Also, is anyone else getting the same thing?  The new firmware has not been released yet, so I'm kinda dead in the water here.  

2015-4-30
Use props
dji
lvl.1

United States

Not sure where your problem is occurring. One obstacle I had to overcome was that I had to put my phone (the same should hold for a tablet) in USB debugging mode. You get there by going into Developer Options under Settings. If you don't have Developer Options under settings, you need to "unlock" it by going to About phone and repeatedly tapping on Build Number.

I used my Samsung Note 4. I don't think there was a firmware update or anything. Once I got past the debugging thing, it just worked.
2015-4-30
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dji@monocello.c Posted at 2015-4-30 20:21
Not sure where your problem is occurring. One obstacle I had to overcome was that I had to put my ph ...

Yes, I did the USB debugging thing.  But that wasn't the problem.  The message comes up when the tablet is connected, but nothing in the  DJI app shows any indication of being connected or active.
2015-4-30
Use props
nurimanizam
lvl.1

Singapore

bobasbury Posted at 2015-4-30 20:59
Yes, I did the USB debugging thing.  But that wasn't the problem.  The message comes up when the t ...

Make sure you're on PTP mode and not MTP mode
2015-5-4
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The problem was the tablet.  A Nexus 9 works.
2015-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules