6081 10 2018-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jangermann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 182680 ft
Denmark

Do it work?
Can I connetect the goggles to the RC and just fly?

OR do I have to start up the app on my Ipad, connect, login, disconnect, plug in OTG, ect ect...

I mean DO IT WORK as it should or is it still in develoment state?
2018-2-14
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't been able to connect my goggles with the Spark. After I connect the goggles with the RC the goggle screen does not bring up the flight app.
2018-2-14
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Denmark

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2018-2-14 02:44
I haven't been able to connect my goggles with the Spark. After I connect the goggles with the RC the goggle screen does not bring up the flight app.

That sounds very strange.
The goggles ars sold as Spark compatible.

I was thinking about getting some, but I guess it is a no go.
2018-2-14
Use props
Hotwire
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10719 ft
Australia

Could this be related to the GO 4 app issue with OTG cable on Android?
2018-2-14
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been able to get mine to connect. You might want to check and update the firmware version on the goggles as there are definitely versions of the firmware that are not compatible. I think I get a little more reliable connection to my Mavic Air, but with the Spark, you can also use HDMI with an adaptor to your phone or tablet.  HDMI mirrors the device screen so that someone can view through the goggles while you fly using the screen.
2018-2-14
Use props
ZigZag
lvl.3
United States

Yes, you can just connect the goggles to the Spark and fly without starting the Go4 app on your iPad.  Here is the sequence I use:
1. Power on the remote control and the Spark and wait for them to connect (green light on RC)
2. Power on goggles and connect cable (USB and OTG) to the goggles
3. Last make the connection to the remote control

Select & confirm video resolution, wait for the Home Point to be set and start flying.  I believe you might be limited on range by not starting the Go4 app first, but I have not personally tested this. I start the Go4 app on my iPad, check that everything is OK, then connect the goggles as a last step, usually once I'm in the air.  Love the goggles for both my Spark and Mavic Pro Platinum.
2018-2-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi everyone, ZigZag is actually correct. With DJI Goggles, the Goggles do not lift the restriction on the aircraft. So if you are flying with just the Goggles and the remote controller without your smart device, you would still have to connect your phone before connecting the Goggles to lift the restriction. You only need to connect it once with the DJI GO 4 app and you may disconnect the app after.
2018-2-14
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Denmark

Hi.
Thanks for your answers. So the right procedure is (correct me if I am wrong)

1. Power on the remote control and the Spark and wait for them to connect (green light on RC)
2. Start GO4 on my smart device and let it connect to the RC via wifi
3. Power on goggles and connect OTG cable to the goggles
4. Turn off GO4 and disconnect the wifi connection to the RC

Two questions:
* Can the GO4 app be connected to the RC via wifi at the same time as the goggles is connected via OTG?
* Will the goggles ask, before changing "wifi mode" (like the GO4 app) if I travel to another country? OR do the goggles change the wifi mode automatic? OR do the goggles do nothing?

2018-2-15
Use props
ZigZag
lvl.3
United States

Jangermann,

See my process steps on earlier post.  After plugging in goggles to the RC (last step) Go4 app will automatically disconnect on your device and the goggles will be active. I just leave the Go4 app running on my device even though it is disconnected while I go on a quick flight.

The other option is to do as Tom_A suggested and connect your device with a HDMI connection and mirror your device.  This makes switching between goggles and device easier as you keep the device and Go4 app connected to the RC and just use the goggles as a monitor. Since this is a mirror of the device, using modes built into goggles like head tracking gimbal would not be active.

Hope this helps.
2018-2-16
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Denmark

ZigZag Posted at 2018-2-16 17:47
Jangermann,

See my process steps on earlier post.  After plugging in goggles to the RC (last step) Go4 app will automatically disconnect on your device and the goggles will be active. I just leave the Go4 app running on my device even though it is disconnected while I go on a quick flight.

That is perfect.
Thanks. I hope to get the goggle next week.
2018-2-17
Use props
Seitenwerk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59400 ft
Austria

Is this still correct? I have seen people claiming that since a recent update, the 50m limit ist removed for them by only plugin in the goggles.
2018-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules