10741 8 2018-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
the0bone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11896 ft
Germany

Hi,
I have connected my iPhone to the controller of the Mavic Air via the Main Video link port on the left side.
The Lightning Cable is connected and and I can controll my Air via the App Features and also see the Video.

But the Controller is not charging my iPhone in parallel.
Is that normal or should it do that?

Thanks
2018-2-14
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The controller does not charge the iPhone. It’s working correctly.
2018-2-14
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You don't want it to. Your controller battery will last longer. Just make sure your phone and controller are fully charged before use. That way you will get the most flying time ;-)
2018-2-14
Use props
the0bone
lvl.2
Germany

Ok thanks.
I was just confused because shorty when I connect, I shows charging for 1-2 Sec.

So I also need to take care of my iphone battery... that is always emtpy
2018-2-14
Use props
sica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

the worst complaint! While Android users complain that the RC charge the smartphone battery and drains it .... IOS do not receive a charge from the RC. I'm glad that RC loads smartphones. Both must work at the same time with enough energy! in the fly RC = Smartfone!!( control flight+video stream)
2018-2-14
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

First post I've seen of the RC not charging the phone. It's always the other way around.
2018-2-14
Use props
the0bone
lvl.2
Germany

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-2-14 12:35
First post I've seen of the RC not charging the phone. It's always the other way around.

My Phone is my daily working machine. And if I come home after work and can fly... it is normally at 30% or even below while having some calls in the car or running the speed camera warning app, that consume a lot of battery, that even the car charger have issue to refill and just can hold the level.

The RC is full at that moment.

2018-2-14
Use props
djiuser_MB7U59RdSEBV
New

United Kingdom

It's quite stupid that the RC controller does not charge the iPhone,  it slow charged my s8 but not my friends iPhone 7 and of course it's always the phone that is flat. My s8 gets a charge enough to keep it useable for over 30min flight but the iPhone does not. I've just spent over an hour fixing the not rc connect issues with iPhone and dji 4 app, that's another issues but the iPhone battery drained twice whilst just trying to fix the issue. If the rc has a much bigger battery then why not charge the phone. I've never had the rc go flat after 3 mavicair battery 15 min flights
2019-4-21
Use props
esrecord
lvl.1

United States

There is a setting in the controller under control - "Phone Charging". You should be able to turn it on, and then the controller will charge your phone. This used to work for me until I installed the newest firmware, and it stopped, even though my phone shows the charging icon, it doesn't actually charge.
2021-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules