Battery update/turn camera off
5747 37 2014-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tender
lvl.2
Canada

I was updating the firmware in my Phantom 2 Vision + and went to update the battery software and it says to turn off the camera.  As far as I know, there is no switch to turn off the camera.  I didn't continue with the upgrade, I just exited at that point.

Anyone have this issue or do you just continue with the upgrade?
2014-10-28
Use props
jfftorsrud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9475 ft
United States

Don't continue with the upgrade.  I think I might have damaged my battery!

I get a battery error on this battery.  But, my other Batteries are still OK!

Would like to know the answer on How to turn off camera???
2014-10-28
Use props
tender
lvl.2
Canada

I really don't think I can turn it off.  I thinking that might have something to do with a GoPro maybe, clear as mud. Lol. I upgraded the bird, but I think I will hold off on the battery update as you suggested.  Thanks.
2014-10-28
Use props
nallgoat
New

United States

tender@sasktel. Posted at 2014-10-29 04:10
I really don't think I can turn it off.  I thinking that might have something to do with a GoPro may ...

I have the same problem.  No way to turn the camera off that I can see.  So just did not do the battery upgrade, out of caution.
2014-10-28
Use props
jesolins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2169 ft
United States

nallgoat@gmail. Posted at 2014-10-29 04:18
I have the same problem.  No way to turn the camera off that I can see.  So just did not do the ba ...

Gents,
  I saw the same thing doing my first upgrade to a Vision Plus and also decided not to do the battery upgrade because there is no way to turn off the camera.  The battery version stayed at v2.0 and I think it said it was going to upgrade to a v2.6.  I then did the upgrade to a Vision which you can turn off the camera and it did not ask to or do that battery upgrade at all.  Did the battery upgrade work for anyone and if it did what version does it show in the upgrade info?  To me the self adjusting storage voltage and log info was one of the best features of this upgrade and I have yet to see it install...
2014-10-28
Use props
jfftorsrud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9475 ft
United States

I have looked HIGH AND LOW In the manual on how to turn camera off.  Can't find anything!

DJI NEEDS TO COMMENT ON THIS AND TELL HOW TO UPGRADE THE BATTERY!

USE CAUTION ON THIS UPGRADE.  I now have to find out where to send my battery to have it fixed!

2014-10-28
Use props
shacks86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1361844 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem I have searched and searched and Im pretty knowledgeable on the Phantom +
I ignored the warning on the camera being off and + still working fine but no upgrade.  Click no to be safe.  Ill be opening up my Phantom to disconnect the power somehow to see if that helps tomorrow when I have access to my tools.  To emphasise the importance of this thread ill repeat jfftorsruds post.

DJI NEEDS TO COMMENT ON THIS AND TELL HOW TO UPGRADE THE BATTERY!

USE CAUTION ON THIS UPGRADE.
2014-10-28
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

I had no such messages when I went to do it.
Everything went well as far as I know.
2014-10-28
Use props
jesolins
lvl.2
United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-10-29 06:28
I had no such messages when I went to do it.
Everything went well as far as I know.

Yes and more info on how long the nice stated self-adjusting storage voltage takes to start kicking in would be good info too, assuming there is a way to upgrade the smart battery.  Does anyone see a battery version different from v2.0 after the upgrade to v3.08?
Cheers,
Jim
2014-10-28
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Version 3.08 will not upgrade your firmware on the battery's. Version 3.2 will update the battery's to version 2.6.
2014-10-28
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-10-29 06:43
Version 3.08 will not upgrade your firmware on the battery's. Version 3.2 will update the battery's  ...

That turn off camera instruction is for owners of P2 Vision, not Vision Plus, which does not have a power button. Just ignore. No issue.

At the moment it seems you need to use RC Assist 3.2 to upgrade the battery firmware - you'll see the update notification in the upgrade tab. It won't show in v3.4

Warning --  Some people are complaining off issues after updating battery.  Some batteries are reporting they are not a genuine battery (even though they are) and now it does not work with 2 lights on in the middle!!

Also please note if you have more than one battery you need to repeat the upgrade for each battery.

Tread carefully,  
2014-10-28
Use props
tender
lvl.2
Canada

Thanks for all the great info guys.  

I think I am going to hold off on the battery update for now.  I have 3 batteries,  and all work. Lol.

I like the dynamic home point in the new firmware, trouble is, right now I am using my iPad air till I get a new phone and an iPad air does not have GPS....oh well, turning into winter here anyway, should have a new phone by spring.  

FYI, my current phone is an iPhone 4 and the FPV just doesn't keep up.  Trying to get an iPhone 6 plus 128gb for my old eyes. Lol, and then I can put my video and pics on in the field without running out of room.
2014-10-28
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-10-29 06:43
Version 3.08 will not upgrade your firmware on the battery's. Version 3.2 will update the battery's  ...

seems they have to correct this at the server, so it will soon.
i have not checked , just got a call on it.
2014-10-28
Use props
wachirarat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 653770 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

To turn off your camera on vision+, you will need to press and hold the manual shutter button at the base of your gimbal for 2-3 seconds and the light will turn orange. That is how you turn off your camera.

Really recommended.
2014-10-28
Use props
tender
lvl.2
Canada

wachirarat Posted at 2014-10-29 09:37
To turn off your camera on vision+, you will need to press and hold the manual shutter button at the ...

Thanks, I didn't even know that was there, but mine turns red after holding it....?    and the gimble is still active, is that normal?
2014-10-28
Use props
tender
lvl.2
Canada

Eirlink Posted at 2014-10-29 09:15
seems they have corrected this at the server, so it will now.
i have not checked , just got a call ...

I just upgraded the assistant software and the new version still doesn't show a battery upgrade.  
2014-10-28
Use props
wachirarat
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

tender@sasktel. Posted at 2014-10-29 09:52
I just upgraded the assistant software and the new version still doesn't show a battery upgrade.   ...

To update the battery, you will need the old 3.2.
The new version seems to missed this function so we can expecting the newer assistance real soon I think.
2014-10-28
Use props
tender
lvl.2
Canada

wachirarat Posted at 2014-10-29 09:55
To update the battery, you will need the old 3.2.
The new version seems to missed this function so ...

Thanks.

Did you see my second question regarding the camera?

I hold the button down and the light goes red and the gimble is still active, is this OFF?
2014-10-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

tender@sasktel. Posted at 2014-10-29 10:31
Thanks.

With everything powered up, the little light will be green right above the camera lens.  When you push the small button, the light will turn red, that button is the onboard video on/off button.  When it is recording, it is RED.  I got the same message about turning off the camera also, I just clicked ok and did the upgrade, then power cycled and went to the info screen on the app.  It told me there was an upgrade for the battery, so I clicked on that and ran the upgrade and power cycled again.  I had to install all 4 batteries to upgrade the 4 of them.  After, I installed each battery, and started the p2+ and moved the sticks to full climb and side to side.  works great for each battery.  There is also an upgrade for the app on your computer so don't forget to upgrade that also.  In the upgrade for the app, you can now change the altitude in the GO HOME MODE from default 63 feet to anything you want.
2014-10-28
Use props
tender
lvl.2
Canada

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-10-29 13:19
With everything powered up, the little light will be green right above the camera lens.  When you  ...

Thanks, I was thinking it might just be recording video when red.

I upgraded the assistant software before doing my batteries, so I have to back up a version to do them. There is also a new version of app for your smartphone that I installed.  I like some of the new features. Too bad I can't use the dynamic home point yet till I get a new phone.  I am currently using an iPad.
2014-10-28
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

I did all the upgrades and all went well. No issues. And yeah, some of the new features are great. Thanks DJI
2014-10-28
Use props
wachirarat
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

tender@sasktel. Posted at 2014-10-29 10:31
Thanks.

Its has different between press(record manually) and press then hold the button for few seconds(turn off)  until the camera drop and led shown red/orange.
Its has separate power between gimbal and camera. Gimbal will be working but camera now off.

Press and hold to turn off you will see no pictures/video on DCIM folder.
2014-10-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

wachirarat Posted at 2014-10-29 14:34
Its has different between press(record manually) and press then hold the button for few seconds(tu ...

I tried that.  I had everything on, pressed once and then again and held, the video stopped in the monitor for a second and started showing again as soon as I released the button.  
2014-10-28
Use props
jesolins
lvl.2
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-10-29 15:31
I tried that.  I had everything on, pressed once and then again and held, the video stopped in the ...

Hi
It is not like the battery power button turn on/off procedure.  Simply press and hold the button that is on the side of the Vision Plus camera for about 3 seconds until it turns from green to orange.
Cheers,
Jim
2014-10-29
Use props
jesolins
lvl.2
United States

Hi Gents,
DJI just posted yet another V3.4 Assistant app bug fix update that allows the ch7 to be calibrated and the battery to be properly updated.  Note that the lever is set up like the throttle and the center position is a null where the camera stops moving.  If above or below that center position the camera will move up or down.  Small lever or new Tx wheel adjusts are slow and large lever/wheel movements are fast.  Personally I would have rather had it just move with the position of the lever, but I guess the new Tx wheel is spring loaded to center so it was designed more for that...
Thanks for being beta testers...
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download
Cheers,
Jim
2014-10-29
Use props
ciminojim
lvl.1

United States

I have the Phantom 2 with the GoPro and updated both of my batteries without any issue.  Both are checking out fine.  I did do all of the updates at the same time and I believe there was one in there for the gimbal.  After I did all the updates, the gimbal no longer responds.  It was working before, but not now.  The X1 in the transmitter still shows that it is working, but the gimbal is limp.
2014-10-29
Use props
jadkins
lvl.1

United States

ciminojim@hotma Posted at 2014-10-29 22:10
I have the Phantom 2 with the GoPro and updated both of my batteries without any issue.  Both are ch ...

I just installed all of the latest updates and after the Zen IMU 1.0.0.6 update and power cycling now my gimbal is making a buzzing sound and is limp.   Any help with that?  Is it possible to downgrade the driver?

2014-10-29
Use props
ciminojim
lvl.1

United States

This is what I have found on the reset procedure.  I seems that there are others having problems with the gimbal after the update.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2014-10-29
Use props
jadkins
lvl.1

United States

ciminojim@hotma Posted at 2014-10-30 04:19
This is what I have found on the reset procedure.  I seems that there are others having problems wit ...

Is there a similar process for the vision+ gimbal?  The picture in that post seems to reference the go pro gimbal mount.
2014-10-29
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

There is a little silver button on the V+ gimbal, you need to press and hold it until the led light on the gimbal goes from green to red, then you can continue to update the battery.
2014-10-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-30 06:21
There is a little silver button on the V+ gimbal, you need to press and hold it until the led light  ...

That little silver button has nothing to do with turning your camera on or off.  All it does is, if you just push it once and quickly release it, it will take a picture.  If you hold it for 2 seconds until the red light comes on, you have just started the video.  You can stop the video with the same button by pushing it again.  In this video, it is all explained at time mark 5:20 to 6:16.

2014-10-30
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Yup, which is what we stated earlier, i.e. the P2V+ doesn't have an on/off button, so just go straight to the battery upgrade.
2014-10-30
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

But you cant do the upgrade until you turn the camera off, if you press skip it will not update and if you press cancel the update fails.
Pressing the button worked for me and my 3 batteries.
So how did you update your V+ ??
2014-10-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-30 22:36
But you cant do the upgrade until you turn the camera off, if you press skip it will not update and  ...

I just clicked ok for the first battery and it updated, I power cycled then when it came back on, it said the battery was updated.  I then shut the copter down, switched batteries, repowered the phantom and checked on the info page for updates and it told me the switched battery needed an update. So I clicked on the update for the battery and went through the same procedure 3 more times for all my batteries.  At no time did I ever press the little button on the mount for the camera.
Since you pressed the button as you say, if you look on your sd card, you will find pictures of whatever was in the camera view at that time.
2014-10-30
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Good to know that its fixed now then.
2014-10-30
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-10-31 03:02
I just clicked ok for the first battery and it updated, I power cycled then when it came back on,  ...

Ditto.

2014-10-30
Use props
DJI -Lisa.zhu
lvl.4

China

Hi Sir,
Please rest assured to do the upgrade, it would have no damage to the camera.
DJI would provide a resolution to this problem soon.
2014-10-31
Use props
kma650
lvl.2

United States

wachirarat Posted at 2014-10-29 14:34
Its has different between press(record manually) and press then hold the button for few seconds(tu ...

Sorry dude, pressed and held "the button" for quite a few seconds, LED turns red, not red/orange and the camera never "drops" or powers off. I have the P2V+ v2.0
2015-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules