Height Failure at 0 feet Problem With Spark Please Help
2744 16 2018-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pmonahan
New
Ireland

Hello,
I have my spark for 6 months now and have a problem where it says it is at 0 feet when it is actualy for example is at 60 feet, then when I try to descend it goes into a landing mode 60 or 70 foot in the sky and takes a very long time to descend, What component failure could be causing this? and is it under any gaurantee or warramty? I have updated to the newest firmware so that should not be the problem. Anyone else experience the same ???? Thanks . https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=aBHVXM3pEfg     Here is a YouTube video showing the problem
2018-2-14
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

would you please upload your flight logs here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
what phone are you using? what is the firmware version for Spark? and what version of DJI G04 app you are using?
2018-2-14
Use props
Pmonahan
New
Ireland

dj_dread Posted at 2018-2-14 12:31
would you please upload your flight logs here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
what phone are you using? what is the firmware version for Spark? and what version of DJI G04 app you are using?

I am using the latest software on the drone, DJI Go 4.0 on my Galaxy S7 Edge
2018-2-14
Use props
Pmonahan
New
Ireland

I am using the latest software on the drone, DJI Go 4.0 on my Galaxy S7 Edge
2018-2-14
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Romania

still, would be good to see the logs. maybe some error messages can be seen there.
also, were you using an OTG cable?
2018-2-14
Use props
Pmonahan
New
Ireland

No OTG Cable, funnily enough  a week ago it said downward sensor failure please land immidiately, hasnt said it since the update but very confusing
2018-2-14
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
United States

are the sensors clean?
the logs may help though to understand the issue
2018-2-15
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Seems like you might have crashed or dropped it?

It seems that there might be light bleed of the infrared TOF sensor on the bottom
2018-2-15
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

My spark is doing the exact same thing since latest update except it tells me im.at a negative atlltitide when im over 100 meters up in the air..as result it refuses to land... its only started happening since latest android app release.
2018-2-25
Use props
hg87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117123 ft
Australia

Interesting, my flight record states mine was 600 m in the air which is definitely wrong. Sort of the opposite of your problem. Looks like there may be something wrong with the altitude readings.
2018-2-25
Use props
J4k4ls
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Similar problem here after update, takes off, then starts 'bouncing', going up and down, touches the ground, shoots up to a meter and then bounces in between. Anyone seen a fix for this yet?
2018-7-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

J4k4ls Posted at 2018-7-21 22:36
Similar problem here after update, takes off, then starts 'bouncing', going up and down, touches the ground, shoots up to a meter and then bounces in between. Anyone seen a fix for this yet?

If it looks like this:

that is a different problem, methinks
Watch the video and stop, as workaround, to start with the app-slide-start.
Use the stick, slowly
2018-7-21
Use props
J4k4ls
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi S-e-ven, that is exactly what mine does, many thanks for the video, I will try the work around a bit later and confirm if it does the trick. This is serious though, not a fix, hope DJI can do something about this. Sent them an email, see what they say as well...thanks again.
2018-7-21
Use props
J4k4ls
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Update, although the symptoms in this video is exactly what I am experiencing, the work-around unfortunately does not work, Spark still bouncing like a mad-man. Waiting for DJI support to get back to me...
2018-7-22
Use props
J4k4ls
lvl.1
United Kingdom

*Update*

Oh dear, DJI asked me to send the Spark in for repairs to their Netherlands centre as they had to replace the height sensor. To be fair, they have been really quick (although I had to pay UPS to collect the drone) - Now however, the drone is in a worse state that it was before, the cooling fan is making a hell of racket when you tilt the aircraft and cant be flown as I have the following errors on-screen:

Camera Sensor Error – Hardware Malfunction. Contact DJI Support to for repairs

Forward Vision Sensor Error (80004)

Air Encoder Error (0x800000)

....me thinks its time they just replace it under warranty....fingers crossed!
2018-8-4
Use props
djiuser_CzhIMkJ8zFl4
lvl.1

Hi, same thing with my spark. Height go to -2m when i start the motor. After 3meters no problem but bounce when i want to Land off. Before upgrate to Last version (1.0.100) there are no problem... I tried to downgrade but no effect...
2019-10-14
Use props
djiuser_CzhIMkJ8zFl4
lvl.1

Hi, why my spark bounding to the wall after an upgrate to vers 1.00.1 and in red health decreased at start ?
https://youtu.be/WEkZGUY_--8
Thanks a lot for any help
2019-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules