Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IMU Calibration Stuck on #4
9266 9 2018-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N762CB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513970 ft
United States

Haven't flown my P4 in a few months.  Today I went to get it ready for a flight tomorrow, saw that a firmware upgrade was required.  Performed the upgrade without a problem.  Started it up & it didn't say it needed a Compass or IMU calibration, but I always do one after a firmware upgrade.  Compass calibration completed - no problem.  IMU calibration got thru steps 1 thru 3 and is stuck on step 4.  Front lights on solid RED, back lights flashing fast GREEN.  Tried 2 different Ipads, no change.  Turned everything off & let it cool down for 2 hours.  Tried again - same thing - Stuck in Calibration IMU step #4.  Any help is appreciated.
2018-2-14
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just make sure the aircraft is positioned exactly as shown on Assistant 2 screen. That is usually the culprit.
2018-2-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

You can always reset to factory settings and refresh the firmware through the Assistant 2 Software. After done, please restart everything. Let us know as you need additional assistance.
2018-2-14
Use props
userfc87d730c2
New
Flight distance : 3406 ft
Vietnam

Step 4/6, place the Phantom 4  with its nose pointing down for correction (camera face down to ground)  . Not normal position then it will be fine .
2018-6-1
Use props
dwaynedibley
lvl.1
United Kingdom

had the same problem, you just need to orientate it like userfc87d730c2 has said although the picture on the screen is not to obvious as wich way to point the drone
2018-6-6
Use props
IMRANtv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29062 ft
  • >>>
United States

userfc87d730c2 Posted at 6-1 21:44
Step 4/6, place the Phantom 4  with its nose pointing down for correction (camera face down to ground)  . Not normal position then it will be fine .

I was stuck at stage 4 also. The image or graphic in the app is not clear about the nose pointing down.  Your quick reply to somebody else literally got it moving again for me. Thank you .
2018-12-8
Use props
djiuser_QRsXRqvKfalk
New
Canada

dwaynedibley Posted at 2018-6-6 02:54
had the same problem, you just need to orientate it like userfc87d730c2 has said although the picture on the screen is not to obvious as wich way to point the drone

Thanks for this tip.  We were stuck at 4/6 stage and did what you said.   Graphics on DJI screen were not obvious for the next position.  

IMU calibration successful.
2019-8-28
Use props
sedeco
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8060653 ft
  • >>>
Egypt

good  to fix
2019-8-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That’s great news, that the IMU calibration was finally completed.

RedHotPoker
2019-8-31
Use props
Buddhamu
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2019-8-31 18:15
That’s great news, that the IMU calibration was finally completed.

Had the same problem and pointing the camera down worked.  It went from step 3 to 4 and step 5 and finally the picture showed having the drone  upright with battery section facing me.  Then it froze and nothing happened... repeat did the same up to 6 saw picture of drone upright battery facing me and put it that way and nothing.... Can't figure this one out... anyone have the same problem?  Any help appreciated.
2020-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules