1559 5 2018-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi team. By now you would all be aware of the requirement to pass a multiple choice test on the GO 4 app, prior to being allowed to fly the craft. It's a relief to note that even if you don't get a question right, it'll still give you the ability to re-select the correct answer and progress.

"But they are all easy", I hear you say - "how could you get one wrong?". Well, there's a question asking where your'd go for more information about Australian flying guidelines (or something like that). It includes an option of "droneflyers.com.au", followed by the CASA website, the Where Can I Fly app, or all three. I've never heard of droneflyers before, so I opted for the CASA website. I was wrong - it was all three!

So, what is droneflyers.com.au? I just had a look. It looks like an RPA service, but the site "is under construction". This is a crazy option for the test currently then, and why would the test favour a specific service? There's many in Australia... Odd.

Edit: I've been corrected by Junee (thanks) - it's droneflyer.com.au . What a difference a letter makes... ;-)

2018-2-14
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109281 ft
Australia

Yep, same question caught me today. And I only did my RePL last week!  (Passed)
2018-2-17
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

I guessed on that one and got it right. Went and had a look afterwards at the droneflyer website....not much to it!!. I have heard people have had the quiz pop up a few times...I have flown a bout 3 times since the quiz and has not popped up again !! . Its a good simple test as far as we go but to a kid or anyone new to the game that has got one as a present etc etc and does not have the faintest idea..it will stop them in their tracks and they will have to find out the simple rules. !
2018-2-18
Use props
TheVegeta1974
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

yeah me too
2019-1-26
Use props
TheVegeta1974
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft