3405 6 2018-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phil100
New
Flight distance : 92165 ft
United States

2-14-2018
For the last several days, my MAVIC PRO will not return to home correctly. It did when I purchased it summer of 2017.

Firmware updated today(2-14-2018), no change in behavior
Iphone DJ4 updated today(2-14-2018), no change in behavior.
IMU and compass are calibrated

RTH Altitude set to 40M
MAX altitude set to 60M

Mavic proceeds through 40M to 60M and hovers. Will not respond to any control until RTH cancelled. Multiple attempts over the last several days.
So basically, I if I fly out of sight and were to lose the controller link, I'd lose the drone.

One other note,
I can set measurements to Imperial and it will show altitude and speed in miles per hour. However, I can only set RTH and max altitude in meters.

Any suggestions welcome
thank you
Phil

2018-2-14
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Can you upload  one of the flights where this is happening and post the link back here.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-2-14
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The metric/impierial thing you cant do anything about! The rest of aviation world has a mix of both. You will just have to convert I’m afraid.
2018-2-14
Use props
Phil100
New
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-2-14 22:38
Can you upload  one of the flights where this is happening and post the link back here.

Thank you for the response.
As it turns out, the other response on this thread is correct about the units (Meters settings for RTH)
I was able to "chat" with a DJI representative yesterday, We spent about three hours going through the behavior. I had already updated to the the latest Firmware, they pushed out another, which as of yesterday there is a 01.04.0300 version.
Long story short: When obstacle avoidance(OA) turned off, RTH would work fine. With OA on it would hover at set max altitude. They decided there was a problem with drone and authorized a return.
Especially in this day and age....I was impressed with the number of steps we worked through and the quality of service.
BOTTOM LINE: It's problem with the drone.
One last footnote: the symptoms I had
- RTH did not work with OA on, drone would proceed to max set altitude and hover

- I noticed with OA on, the drone moved abnormally slow FWD & BACK & LATERALLY. It moved normally up and down.

As for the RTH in meters, I'm fine but you know someone(beginners) out there will pick "Imperial" settings and think they've set the altitude in FT....
2018-2-15
Use props
Phil100
New
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-2-14 22:38
Can you upload  one of the flights where this is happening and post the link back here.

Thank you for the response.
As it turns out, the other response on this thread is correct about the units (Meters settings for RTH)
I was able to "chat" with a DJI representative yesterday, We spent about three hours going through the behavior. I had already updated to the the latest Firmware, they pushed out another, which as of yesterday there is a 01.04.0300 version.
Long story short: When obstacle avoidance(OA) turned off, RTH would work fine. With OA on it would hover at set max altitude. They decided there was a problem with drone and authorized a return.
Especially in this day and age....I was impressed with the number of steps we worked through and the quality of service.
BOTTOM LINE: It's problem with the drone.
One last footnote: the symptoms I had
- RTH did not work with OA on, drone would proceed to max set altitude and hover

- I noticed with OA on, the drone moved abnormally slow FWD & BACK & LATERALLY. It moved normally up and down.

As for the RTH in meters, I'm fine but you know someone(beginners) out there will pick "Imperial" settings and think they've set the altitude in FT....
2018-2-15
Use props
Phil100
New
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-2-14 22:46
The metric/impierial thing you cant do anything about! The rest of aviation world has a mix of both. You will just have to convert I’m afraid.

I'm ok with it but you know that will get a beginner or two...
Please see other response in thread for further details, return of drone was authorized.
2018-2-15
Use props
Python
New
Australia

I am having the same problems as described here but Mavic is well out of warranty, etc. Are there any "field" resolutions to this issue?

2019-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules