DJI... Any Chance We Could Use The Development Version Of The IOS App?
1337 20 2015-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I"m sure it's bes to use the OFFICIAL release but in the meantime - any chance of sharing the Development version which was used to Beta test the P3?

Also - any estimate when the Android version will be out - still today?

Thanks,

John
2015-4-30
Use props
Tomer
lvl.1

Brazil

It would be amazing.. I hope they will allow it!
2015-4-30
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

LMFAO... you do realise  what you are asking? and u do think they will say " Oh of course "  LMAO !!!would you ask Apple that question with a straight face???
2015-4-30
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-4-30 23:22
LMFAO... you do realise  what you are asking? and u do think they will say " Oh of course "  LMAO !! ...

I thought I would at least try... I figured the answer is no but just like an attorney making a statement that gets objected and is not officially used in the hearing - the jury still heard it....  : )

OK - DJI... if you can't send us the Developmental version - then please send us all Inspire controllers... : )
2015-4-30
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Italy

And while your at it DJI send them some patience
2015-4-30
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

They send you Beta version, you have a fly-away, then you ask for a replacement P3.

It is not going to happen.
2015-4-30
Use props
wtrskinut1
lvl.2

United States

Don't worry. Its coming real soon.
See Post 35
2015-4-30
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

wtrskinut1 Posted at 2015-5-1 00:13
See Post 35

The do use different calendars in China.

4-5 weeks in China = Within a week anywhere else.
2015-4-30
Use props
cameronlevine
lvl.1

United States

DJI should at least come up with an online way to register our phantoms so that we can fly without the pilot app. Right now i'm stranded unless I buy an android device.
2015-4-30
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Buy an Android device....
2015-4-30
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Italy

cameronlevine Posted at 2015-5-1 01:07
DJI should at least come up with an online way to register our phantoms so that we can fly without t ...

Use a friends ? or grow some patience?
2015-4-30
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-5-1 01:16
Use a friends ? or grow some patience?

Patience is not an option for everyone. Some people ordered the P3 without the extra battery so that they could get it in time before a trip/vacation that they had planned.

DJI did not mention during the pre-order time that the application would not be available after the P3s had already been delivered. I think that the only way that DJI could have protected themselves from the app not being ready was by delaying shipments until both apps were available for download. But then that would upset someone else.

So for people like you who probably don't need it right away, then it is okay to have patience, for others, it is not.
2015-4-30
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Italy

vmp Posted at 2015-5-1 01:35
Patience is not an option for everyone. Some people ordered the P3 without the extra battery so th ...

oh so its the end of the world????
Honestly its not worth the stress, depend on now one and have alternatives.

DJI didn't have to mention the app wouldn't be ready on pre order as its splattered all over the web..

Patience is easy........ moaning is stressful {:2_33:}
2015-4-30
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-5-1 01:42
oh so its the end of the world????
Honestly its not worth the stress, depend on now one and have a ...

It was "splattered" everywhere after the fact. It was not something that was all over the internet when the pre-orders began.

I am sure some people would have purchased a P2 if they knew that the P3 would not be ready to fly once it was delivered delivered.
2015-4-30
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Italy

vmp Posted at 2015-5-1 01:49
It was "splattered" everywhere after the fact. It was not something that was all over the internet ...

I am sure some people would have purchased a P2 if they knew that the P3 would not be ready to fly once it was delivered delivered.

Doubt it!!!!

I ordered an Apple watch on the 10th April
(Dispatched: 4-6 weeks
Delivery: 12 May, 2015 - 26 May, 2015 by Standard Shipping)

Im not to much bothered if it comes on the 12th or the 26th as its paid for and definitely coming, unless the world blows up??? "atience"

And FYI it was splattered everywhere before the pre orders, its just that everyone got excited and stamped their feet. was it to hard for them to realise the app was to be used with the P3 and The Inspire 1 and all over the forums inspire users where aware it wouldn't be available on the P3 luanch. Its all there to find and read for the whole world.

Thats half the problem! people just read what it can be, NOT when!

off to the bar for a few

Later {:3_48:}
2015-4-30
Use props
cameronlevine
lvl.1

United States

I just would have ordered the extra battery and saved the difference if I knew I had to wait. Im not upset that I have to wait im upset that I opted to get it early over saving the money but now I dont get it early.
2015-4-30
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

cameronlevine Posted at 2015-5-1 02:14
I just would have ordered the extra battery and saved the difference if I knew I had to wait. Im n ...

Yeah. I don't use apple. Still a little put out that there isn't a true "pilot app" for the P3 at it's release. But, I guess the Inspire app works ok? Guess we shall see. Looks like you can use a S4 if you can find someone with one to borrow. Good luck
2015-4-30
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

wtrskinut1 Posted at 2015-5-1 00:13
See Post 35

The app for iOS should be released within a week according to my chat with DJI just now. Not 4-5 weeks... hopefully.
2015-4-30
Use props
Nguyễn Thắng
lvl.1

United States

These sellers are being positive so you won't cancel your orders on them.

What is the point of PRE-ORDERING when you have to wait after the release date?
2015-4-30
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

Nguyễn Thắng Posted at 2015-5-1 03:01
These sellers are being positive so you won't cancel your orders on them.

So that DJI can make money, why else?

Also, if you have an Android device, you don't have to wait.
2015-4-30
Use props
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

cameronlevine Posted at 2015-5-1 02:14
I just would have ordered the extra battery and saved the difference if I knew I had to wait. Im n ...

I'm in the same situation. If DJI had told us that the extra battery was shipping later, but the Phantoms were shipping at the same time, I would have purchased it with the extra battery.
2015-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules