1234Next >
16203 138 2015-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nurimanizam
lvl.1

Singapore

gregklawrence@g Posted at 2015-5-3 09:44
I'm wondering how you did it. I can't get my G3 to connect. I connected with a Samsung S5 and it w ...

After my flight, I transferred the microSD to my LG G3 to transfer to my computer and switched to MTP mode by swiping down to the notifications screen to detect the microSD card for transfer.

On my second flight, I forgot to switch back to PTP mode and couldn't connect and was wondering why.  I restarted the RC and P3 couple of times to realise the PTP mode issue.

Not sure if that'll help you but do give it a try.
2015-5-3
Use props
tejones777
lvl.1

United States

mikesher.live Posted at 2015-5-3 05:00
2013 Nexus 7 does not install from Google play; states that the device is not supported w/no downloa ...

2013 Nexus 7 doesn't work?

This is very concerning, as it should.  It's possible that the problem is the android version.  The 2013 Nexus 7 shipped with an older version of Android operating system, and the DJI Pilot application needs a more updated version.  I suspect you just need to do an update of your Nexus 7, and Google play will be fine with downloading it.

Just a thought.  Can anyone confirm this?  Many people are snatching up used 2013 Nexus 7's.  Hope we all don't get disappointed.

- Thomas.
2015-5-3
Use props
bryson79
lvl.2

United States

I am using a Galaxy S3 which is working great. I am seeing a 400ms latency in the video link.

I was having some trouble initially but it wound up being the cable, I was using, some random 1 foot micro usb that came with some other cheep device. I changed for an Anker 1 foot and it works great. I have not tried the cable that came with the P3A. Guess that should have been my go to.
2015-5-3
Use props
Muleshoe2
lvl.2

United States

jasper7821@yaho Posted at 2015-5-3 01:26
Yes, debugging was set. I tried the cable from my Samsung S4 and it still disconnected but it took ...

Where is this debugging setting? I have a Galaxy Tab 4 and the DJI Pilot app sends me to "settings" but there's nothing there concerning a USB debugging. I've looked in every single tab under "settings."

I have tried the search method and it always comes back "no matches found."

2015-5-3
Use props
Boogieman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5611893 ft
  • >>>
United States

Muleshoe2 Posted at 2015-5-4 03:06
Where is this debugging setting? I have a Galaxy Tab 4 and the DJI Pilot app sends me to "settings ...

developer options that support functions such as the USB debugging mode, are not enabled by default on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 within Android. So the developer options must first be unlocked in the Android settings. In our article,  we now want to show you how you can unlock and use the developer options on the new Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

For this purpose, we start from the home screen of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and navigate from there to Menu -> Settings -> Device Information

Scroll in this sub-menu of Android a bit down until you can see the entry "build number". In this entry you must now quickly tap several times in succession. After a few times a Counter is displayed that tells you how often you still have to tap, so that the developer mode will be activated on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
2015-5-3
Use props
zt6kxt41
lvl.2

United States

ksdigitaldavid@ Posted at 2015-5-3 06:08
Anyone gotten their Galaxy note 4 to work? I tried and it didn't see the p3 when registering. I have ...

Works perfect for me.... Delete the one from the Play store and download it from this URL http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download then change your Camera recording setting to MPEG from MOV and away you go.... Testing on my LG G7 will let everyone know
2015-5-3
Use props
rog3rba11
New

United States

I got version 1.0.10 to work with my TAB 4 7 inch, but on both flights I lost connectivity with  the Phantom 3 while flying.  My 5 previous flights with the old version of the app, gave me no issues and I never lost connectivity with the Phantom 3.  All flights were completed in the same area, my backyard!
2015-5-3
Use props
brad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66824 ft
  • >>>
United States

Works with "ASUS - MeMO Pad 7 - 7" (16gb)" - video isn't smooth (a little choppy but perfectly usable) - a good cheap option at $85 until the iOS app comes out.
2015-5-3
Use props
webmasteralex
New

United States

coreynach@gmail Posted at 2015-5-3 15:11
I can confirm a Moto G works, but I would not say great. I've never flown Light Bridge (until now) ...

using a 29 dollar Moto G from Best buy and it's working very well. Screen is obviously a bit small but no performance issues
2015-5-3
Use props
gregklawrence
New
Flight distance : 276 ft
United States

nurimanizam Posted at 2015-5-3 22:03
After my flight, I transferred the microSD to my LG G3 to transfer to my computer and switched to  ...

Nurimanizam, You are exactly correct!! The USB setting must be set to PTP. I recently upgraded to Android 5.1 so MTP must be the default.  Thanks to you, I'm flying now. Many thanks for sharing your experience.
2015-5-3
Use props
nurimanizam
lvl.1

Singapore

gregklawrence@g Posted at 2015-5-4 09:21
Nurimanizam, You are exactly correct!! The USB setting must be set to PTP. I recently upgraded to  ...

Great to know it works for you too =)

In theory, it should work on most devices above the required android OS version.

Have a great flight!
2015-5-3
Use props
ksdigitaldavid
lvl.1

United States

Michael M Posted at 2015-5-1 13:29
Anyone wanna confirm if a galaxy tab 3 is working?

I am waiting for the iOS to do much but I did fly a little with the tab3. It works but the video feed locked once just after take off and I brought it back down and reloaded the app. I'm staying low and slow until the iOS comes out and I get a feel for what problems people are having through reading the threads. I guess in a way it is good the iOS app is delayed because I am learning a lot by reading all the posts I otherwise would not have read.
2015-5-3
Use props
Ecklund1
lvl.1

United States

coreynach@gmail Posted at 2015-5-3 15:11
I can confirm a Moto G works, but I would not say great. I've never flown Light Bridge (until now) ...

The video was acceptable. But everything else functioned perfectly. The Moto g is just an inexpensive, temporary flying solution until the iOS version allows me to use my 5s or mini2.
2015-5-3
Use props
korling
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone picked up the brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab A to use with the Pilot App? It has GPS and the latest version of Android. It's $229 for the 8" model and Best Buy will give you at least a $100 credit for any working tablet, even a POS. Great deal if you have an old tablet to get rid of. Trade in only works for the Tab A. I'm hoping that this will work well as a dedicated Phantom display/interface.
2015-5-4
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

I looked on the Inspire forums to see what was most popular, the android of choice was Nvidia Shield, for reasons already stated above.
2015-5-4
Use props
davekelly
lvl.2

United States

Boogieman Posted at 2015-5-3 11:35
Anyone tried a Galaxy Tab S?

Did you ever get an answer to this?  I'm looking at the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and wondering if anyone has tried it,
2015-5-4
Use props
Boogieman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5611893 ft
  • >>>
United States

davekelly@live. Posted at 2015-5-4 23:20
Did you ever get an answer to this?  I'm looking at the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and wondering if anyone h ...

No sure havent Hope someone will try it and see.  I know it is very laggy on my inspire when I tired one the first of the year. But don't wanna risk buying again if it still laggy on the p3
2015-5-4
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

I have been using a Samsung Galaxy S5, and it works without any issues or lag.  I got a Google (Asus) Nexus 2013 today and it also works fine.  It updates itself to Android 5.0 then 5.1 when you start it up.  The google play store offers the DJI Pilot app for the device without any warnings or issues.   I was able to update the app using the DJI download link for version 1.1.0.

I had no issues with flying and there was no real lag when using it.  There is some delay, like 1 sec, when you change from Stills to video and vice versa.  On the Samsung Galaxy S5 there isn't any such delay.  Other than that they performed equally both devices work well.

-Roger Uzun
2015-5-4
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

jasper7821@yaho Posted at 2015-5-3 14:56
done everything and was still disconnecting after a few minutes. I changed the video back to 4k fr ...

jasper7821@yaho did you find a solution?  I've been testing today with the Shield and all seems fine. I've been damned careful after you post. Are you sill having issues?
2015-5-5
Use props
pporter6054
lvl.1

United States

I use a shield tab. and its great, I love that it can record everything  on the screen,
I also have a Samsung tab 3, it does work but the picture is way to slow to enjoy, but it does load and fly with it,

~phil
2015-5-14
Use props
jake1164
lvl.2

United States

I have used my HTC M8 (Verizon).
I have tested and it works on my ASUS Transformer Prime (TF201) with a hacked 5.01 ROM. It however does not fit in the holder

My backup plan was to use my daughters Nexus 7 (2012), I was able to install both the Play and the downloaded versions, however neither work with the P3P. It always comes up disconnected and never connects.  I am going to continue to play with it to see if I can get it working, if it works on my prime it really should work on the Gen1 N7.

Can this be made a sticky and perhaps edit the top post to include the list as people comment?
2015-5-14
Use props
jgraham103
lvl.1

United States

I have a Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 (AT&T) w/ lollipop 5.01. Works fine but shows disconnected every time I start up. Unplug and reconnect USB cable does the trick, hasn't disconnected during flight. Video lags on really fast turns but otherwise pretty solid.
2015-5-14
Use props
shops
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My Nexus 7 2013 with lollipop 5.1.1 seems fine. I had a couple of app crashes but NOT while it was flying. 18+ flights works well!
2015-5-14
Use props
S. Tentij
lvl.1

Netherlands

ksdigitaldavid@ Posted at 2015-5-3 06:08
Anyone gotten their Galaxy note 4 to work? I tried and it didn't see the p3 when registering. I have ...

Note 4 works, but i tested 2 different ones and both had same problem when using the cached data
2015-5-14
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

Sony z2 with the latest firmware working 100 %
2015-5-14
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Phantom 3 Professional -- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (Model SM-T230NU)

No problems
2015-5-14
Use props
snsjets
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730518 ft
United States

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 running Android 4.2.2 works OK with my P3 advanced.

2015-5-14
Use props
candubob
lvl.1

Canada

davekelly@live. Posted at 2015-5-4 23:20
Did you ever get an answer to this?  I'm looking at the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and wondering if anyone h ...

I had no problem with tab s 8.4,
2015-5-14
Use props
PaulOTron
lvl.2

United States

Not only does the Nexus 7 (2013) work fine... It has a very bright screen compared to other devices, which is good for sunlight viewing.  And I like the size.

This review of the Nexus 7 2013 includes screen brightness comparison to many devices

Just don't confuse it with the previous Nexus 7.  The name "Nexus 7" refers to screen size... The two 7 inch units are completely different.
2015-5-14
Use props
tonstar1111.goo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sony xperia z2 fine
2015-5-15
Use props
tonstar1111.goo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

paul.roebuck@k3 Posted at 2015-5-2 21:35
I am running with a TESCO HUDL2 and its working an absolute treat, no problems whatsoever

I sourced ...

Any footage of working on hudi 2?
2015-5-15
Use props
freebygsy
lvl.1

HTC one M7   Works mostly, disconnects now and then and has bombed out once.

Samsung Tab Pro 12,  (I know this does not fit on the control)   works mostly, but freezes up often.
2015-5-15
Use props
bactrimforte
lvl.2

Italy

S5 mini, smooth as silk, unfortunately small display ;)

2015-5-15
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

spencerpearse@b Posted at 2015-5-1 20:32
Just got my delivery today. I have the Galaxy S4 with extended battery by Anker.  It does not fit th ...

I have a Galaxy S5. I think it's a hair bigger than the S4 and mine fits in the holder just fine. If you turn it sideways, there are two little tabs on each side that deploy to hold one side. The sliding "clip" holds the other side - which at that point becomes the top - i.e., you're running the app in landscape mode.

Come to think of it, when the app runs it *always* runs in landscape mode, no matter which way you hold the phone.
2015-5-15
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Tomer Posted at 2015-5-1 21:17
1.1.0 ? there is dji pilot app 1.1.0? where do you get it?

The version available on GooglePlay is 1.0.10 - the version available from the DJI web site (look under support/downloads) is 1.1.0

When I first got my P3Pro, I downloaded the app from GooglePlay. There various menu settings I never could get to. Tried numerous times to uninstall and re-install, but with no success. Finally discovered an app called AirDroid. Installed the app on my S5 and installed a PC version on my desktop. Then AirDroid allows you to drag-and-drop to install the DJI version.

There are obviously other ways to go about this. If you go the AirDroid route, there is a brief list of instructions, but they're pretty easy to follow.

Once I had the DJI version (v1.1.0) installed, I'm happy to report that it works fine on my Galaxy S5.
2015-5-15
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

jasper7821@yaho Posted at 2015-5-1 15:19
I personally think the best Android for the P3 is the Nvidia Shield. Just got my P3 Pro tonight and  ...

I also use the Nvidia Shield, no problems so far.
2015-5-15
Use props
paul.roebuck
lvl.2

United Kingdom

tonstar1111.goo Posted at 2015-5-15 16:36
Any footage of working on hudi 2?

Yeah its on You tube.  The flying device has no impact whatsoever on the video quality/capablity

Works perfectly and is better IMHO than the iPad Air2. The HUDL is better weighted than the Ipad.

Just be aware the HUDL only charges when its switch off!! some silly flaw in the tablet, but it is a fab piece of kit
2015-5-15
Use props
Fingerlaker
lvl.2

United States

mikesher.live Posted at 2015-5-3 05:00
2013 Nexus 7 does not install from Google play; states that the device is not supported w/no downloa ...

I also have a 2013 Nexus 7  and had some issues with downloading app. I was able to downloaded it from Play Store then updated with download from the DJI directly. Pilot work great with the Nexus, but wishing I had a bit larger screen and might start looking for a larger tablet to pretty-much dedicate to P3.
2015-5-15
Use props
austin
New
Flight distance : 400 ft
United States

AT&T HTC One (M7) works.

iPhone 5c does not work.
2015-5-15
Use props
great.day
lvl.2