Abnormal Compass, Compass Error after Crash no fix yet, Help pls
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aero Recon Productions
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8661 ft
  • >>>
Nigeria

As the title states I crashed my phantom 3 pro during a bad landing. Despite the body shell damage I decided to turn on the aircraft to see what type of warnings I may have acquired as a result. The only warning I receive is a compass error, abnormal compass ( green, red, yellow lights alternating flash). Now I know this is the same lights as 'self diagnosis' but I've left the drone in that state for almost 3 hours and no change. I also notice that on the sensor state page IMU is ok but I get no values at all for the compass, no even a 0. Compass calibration and IMU calibration has been performed several times. I have also downgraded the FW to v01.07.06 but still no dice. Now here's the really weird thing, while replacing the damaged shell I decided to order a new compass and installed it yet nothing changed, same error. I decided to sheid the old compass with plastic, leaving it out side the landing leg yet pluging it into the control board and its hit and miss (sometimes the compass is good, sometimes abnormal again). But when installed in the landing leg I never get a working compass. I have 3 seperate compass and Im failing to get consistancy from any of them, I want to believe theres another aspect to the compass i'm either not aware of or overlooking. I have yet to put the old compass in a different PH3 Pro to confirm its health but I will as soon as I get the time. Any help would be most appreciated, thank you for your time.
2018-2-15
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

It's possible you have damaged the main board as well, possibly the socket for the compass antenna or a PCB track on the board.  IF you can find the break, it should be easy to fix.
2018-2-15
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

endotherm Posted at 2018-2-15 09:02
It's possible you have damaged the main board as well, possibly the socket for the compass antenna or a PCB track on the board.  IF you can find the break, it should be easy to fix.

Endotherm is spot on.  Crashes can and often do internal damage which can't be seen.
2018-2-15
Use props
Aero Recon Productions
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8661 ft
  • >>>
Nigeria

Thanks for the advice, I think you are right. I'll pull out my magnified glass and get to searching. I'll post my findings.
2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules