MA Remote lost connection 20m away - won't connect to DJI Asisstant
1082 8 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

short pre-story - my MA did arrive to me today (white one)
did charge all up, updated nicely by app (IOS latest) aircraft and remote latest firmware - nice
went to some open field to check how it fly maiden flight - as always check IMU, check compass - nicely green

all was pretty ok for like 9 min, maxed to 500m range (to keep LOS), three small interference on way around 300m, passed  when did move closer - video transmission is ok.
one strong wind info at 500m - so took back - flight limited to max 30m height (zone), then a little of sport mode - no problem hit 70km/h - not bad

around 9 min mark near after some APAS test ( not bad overall) did exit APAS (was like 10m away maybe, flying open field to test again some sport/gimbal
and then no reason I did lost connection. remote go red led, won't regain connection
drone go RTH mode - after few seconds waiting I see no point hoping it to reconnect :/ so turn remote Off and On
few more seconds - regaining control+connection when aircraft was landing

You can see it on Youtube - gopro was running as I did want to later record few fast passes near...

logs won't show it :/ just You can see regaining downlink around 10m. mark

did spooken with support - they did sugest 1st to send it back, then later try maybe restore firmware with DJI assistant.
and here we got 2nd part of story - I can freely restore/downgrade firmware with phone and djigo4
but it won't let me connect remote to PC (aircraft did update no problem with DJI assistant) - did try 2 diffrent PC, no result - check 2nd Youtube video
it just connect on and after few soconds off, and so on in devil loop :/

any suggestion other then send this F. back?

2018-2-15
Use props
NebbyChico
lvl.2

United States

USB  drivers issue with your laptop. Others have posted similar issues on other forums
2018-2-15
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

did try it on two (laptop and stationary) PC - none of them have any problems connecting to mavic air - they both also connect no problem to spark controller and spark :/
but none of them did work with mavic air controller so I'm not sure about that USB drivers fault
but if You saying "other forum" - can You give more detail or link - or at last send a PM with it?
2018-2-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

If you read a bit across this forum you will find that many users (me included) do not manage to connect their RC to PC/DJI Assistant. This is not new at all but going on since two weeks already.
2018-2-15
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

same as before - can You please give me some links to those topics? did try keywords on search engine - but it did not give any reasonable posts - mostly some with problems between RC and aircraft, or usb not seeing sd card - but not simmilar that I can see mavic+flash it, but no controller :/
2018-2-15
Use props
PedalingDuo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31896 ft
United States

I could not connect the remote control to Assistant 2 as well.  Talked to support chat line  on 2/13/2018 and they claim they have not heard of any problem.  They had no solution or suggestions.
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Everyone. Thank you for your feedback. We have taken note of the issue for the Mavic Air remote and DJI Assistant 2, and have forwarded it to our Field Application Engineers. We will update you soon once we have feedback.
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. PM sent.
2018-2-15
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

thx, did try those drivers - and as written in PM they did allow me to use cable and put firmware via DJI assistant into remote. going out and try to fly that thing a little to check.

edit: some short flights today (weather is not great) , no problem between remote-aircraft, tomorrow I'll try do some longer flying
2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules