Distance and height limited???
1335 17 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
retired01
lvl.1

United States

Has the problem of a flight and altitude being limited to about 100 feet been fixed???  I see a lot of remedy posts that all look like a pain in the ass.....besides this has not yet worked for me..... Does anyone know the answer to this problem???????
2018-2-15
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't experienced that issue as I logged out and back into try DJI account as soon as I upgraded firmware and app as suggested.
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi guys, mixchief is correct about this. You should not be experiencing flight and altitude limitations if your app and firmware are updated to the latest version as stated in our announcement. Please check this link. https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... nd-firmware-updates
100 feet altitude is equal to around 30 meters altitude as mentioned in the flight restrictions if you are not updated. Always make sure to fly in an open area and away from strong interference with antennas oriented properly for better flight experience.

2018-2-15
Use props
retired01
lvl.1

United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-2-15 16:17
I haven't experienced that issue as I logged out and back into try DJI account as soon as I upgraded firmware and app as suggested.

So if I am reading this correctly......The drone once updated will not go more than 50M  radius and 30M in height.........Wow this makes my drone totally.......... unusable.....and worthless.       Am I reading this correct?            When I purchased the drone it was suitable for my uses.......if I read this correctly, now it is just a toy.   How can a manufacture change the functionality of a product after its been purchased?      So the problem is, the software that is being pushed from DJI is ruining it functionality......the problem is that it is mandatory if you want to fly.
2018-2-16
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

retired01 Posted at 2018-2-16 09:12
So if I am reading this correctly......The drone once updated will not go more than 50M  radius and 30M in height.........Wow this makes my drone totally.......... unusable.....and worthless.       Am I reading this correct?            When I purchased the drone it was suitable for my uses.......if I read this correctly, now it is just a toy.   How can a manufacture change the functionality of a product after its been purchased?      So the problem is, the software that is being pushed from DJI is ruining it functionality......the problem is that it is mandatory if you want to fly.

You are not reading correctly> It says very clear that after the updates when you launch your app log out of your DJI account and log back in, that will lift the restrictions, then be ready to take the pop quiz LOL.
2018-2-16
Use props
retired01
lvl.1

United States

retired01 Posted at 2018-2-16 09:12
So if I am reading this correctly......The drone once updated will not go more than 50M  radius and 30M in height.........Wow this makes my drone totally.......... unusable.....and worthless.       Am I reading this correct?            When I purchased the drone it was suitable for my uses.......if I read this correctly, now it is just a toy.   How can a manufacture change the functionality of a product after its been purchased?      So the problem is, the software that is being pushed from DJI is ruining it functionality......the problem is that it is mandatory if you want to fly.

I have updated all software in OCTOBER 2017 to the latest software available.......and it did not fix the problem..........WOW       it looks like the problem is being pushed from DJI in there new software
2018-2-16
Use props
retired01
lvl.1

United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-2-16 09:18
You are not reading correctly> It says very clear that after the updates when you launch your app log out of your DJI account and log back in, that will lift the restrictions, then be ready to take the pop quiz LOL.

Thank you for your reply......I  have already done all of the above, as i saw the posts about needing to log out then in again......It is still not working.....I have tried to call for help but after hours on hold I finally got thru.....But the tech couldn't figure out the problem....saying i should send it in....which would be drone gone for a couple of months
2018-2-16
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

retired01 Posted at 2018-2-16 09:31
Thank you for your reply......I  have already done all of the above, as i saw the posts about needing to log out then in again......It is still not working.....I have tried to call for help but after hours on hold I finally got thru.....But the tech couldn't figure out the problem....saying i should send it in....which would be drone gone for a couple of months

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
2018-2-16
Use props
retired01
lvl.1

United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-2-16 09:32
Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Yes I removed the Go app then reinstalled again.....Still nothing
2018-2-16
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

retired01 Posted at 2018-2-16 09:35
Yes I removed the Go app then reinstalled again.....Still nothing

have a friend with a different devise you can try?
2018-2-16
Use props
retired01
lvl.1

United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-2-16 09:38
have a friend with a different devise you can try?

No i'm the only one that I know with a drone.
2018-2-16
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

retired01 Posted at 2018-2-16 09:39
No i'm the only one that I know with a drone.

you must be in a deserted island that is uncharted, therein lies your problem LOL, dude sorry, that's all I got.
2018-2-16
Use props
retired01
lvl.1

United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-2-16 10:39
you must be in a deserted island that is uncharted, therein lies your problem LOL, dude sorry, that's all I got.

No desert isle..... Just Californias' capital....I  just wist that the tech support was better as the drone cost close to 3000.00  and now its just a TOY for the kids
2018-2-16
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Don't worry, you'll get it sorted. are you using your cel as cotrol devise?
2018-2-16
Use props
retired01
lvl.1

United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-2-16 11:00
Don't worry, you'll get it sorted. are you using your cel as cotrol devise?

No I am using an iPad
2018-2-16
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

what iPad is it, and have you tried downloading the app to your cell and see if you have success AFTER you log into your account?
2018-2-16
Use props
retired01
lvl.1

United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-2-16 11:02
what iPad is it, and have you tried downloading the app to your cell and see if you have success AFTER you log into your account?

No.... im too old to see the screen on an iPhone.....I can't see it enough to control the drone.   The iPads i bought new when i purchased the drone and they were the newest version that apple had at the time.  Im sure that they are new enough to do the job.  I have been keeping the iPads up to date right before i loaded the new updates on the drone.  In October i updated the drone the controller, the go app and the iPad.... Then i tried multiple times to see if it fixed the problem.....but with no success.....I wish DJI would not keep pushing new updates with problems.... as the drone worked amazing when i first got it...
2018-2-16
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

what version iPhone do you have? Oh and what version DJI Go are you running?
2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules