Assistant 2 keeps saying Reboot aircraft before I can calibrate
7676 8 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RAGlover
lvl.1
United States

Two issues..I'll try and keep it short, but who am I kidding... I crashed my drone due in large part to a compass issue. I had to replace the bottom half of the shell and the landing gear. I used all OEM parts. During the install everything went fine except that one of the compass conectors in the landing gear leg was difficult to connect. The other one went in just fine. It was so difficult that I worried my tweezers has striped some of the silicone from the wire connectors and opted to use one of the perfectly good compass wires from the old landing gear. Same problem, I could get it in about half way but no more. Oddly enough EVERY video I have seen showing the install of these connectors shows them having difficulty getting it in, then it cuts, and magically it's connected and they move on without another word. DJI you connect the antenna wires in the legs, why not connect the compass wires in the leg as well? It's a horrible design, but I digress. I think I finally got it connected, but it was late and I was starting the worst part of a cold (luckily not the flu I think). So I went to bed and two days later when it was nice enough fly I tested it. I have two errors, compass calibration and rear vision sensors calibration.

Lets start with the rear vision calibration. I tried the calibration on the DJI 4 Go app, in field and at the office. No joy. I downloaded and installed the absolute latest and greatest DJI Assistant 2 program, and have made sure that my firmware is up to date. I connect my Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian to my computer and go to calibration. I click through the three part tutorial and it won't let me proceed and gives me an error of "Please reboot the aircraft." I have, several times. No joy. When I click on the ? icon in the upper right, I get a blank window. WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?! 1) how do I get it to connect to the Assistant program? One possible solution is that the "LibUSB-Win32 - Kernal Driver" was not a digitally signed driver so Windows blocked it. I can't get it to unblock it. 2) Is there anything else I can do to calibrate my rear vision sensors?

Problem 2, the compass UGH! So I did a field calibration of the compass in the middle of an olympic-size soccor field so no metal to be found other than my thick skull apparently. It worked... kinda. It allowed me to fly but as soon as I brought it home and traded batteries, needed a new calibration. Calibrated again, wouldn't keep. I could fly using DJI app and Drone Deploy without any obvious problems. I get it back to the office and look at the compass connector in the leg and one of the four wires is busted and of the three remaining the connectors are all bent up. Since the drone had no crashed or other hits since I got the new legs, I'm guessing the connector housing was busted prior to my getting it and I didn't actually get it connected but during my trying it got busted (that would be the second one and I'm not being forcefull mind you. But what do I do about it? Order ANOTHER new set of landing gear and replace them AGAIN? Talk about a pain in the rear. Anyone else having similar issues? Can I send it back as defective? I ordered through Amazon (company requirement).

Thanks everyone.

Sincerely,
"George of the Jungle" as my boss now calls me.. watch our for that tree!
2018-2-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Many of us using Win 10 64-bit have this issue, but not others - I have no idea why, and I don't understand why DJI won't get that driver digitally signed either as it's been like that for the last year.
Solution is to uninstall Assistant 2, reboot your PC in maintenance mode (click reboot on the Start menu while holding the Shift key down, and follow the prompts to do that). When the PC reboots, select option #7 to disable Driver Signature Enforcement, and reinstall Assistant 2. Don't reboot - stay in that mode, and start Assistant 2 with powered craft connected as usual. You should now be able to start the VPS calibration.

And, yeah, love your avatar! :-)
2018-2-15
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-2-15 16:32
Many of us using Win 10 64-bit have this issue, but not others - I have no idea why, and I don't understand why DJI won't get that driver digitally signed either as it's been like that for the last year.
Solution is to uninstall Assistant 2, reboot your PC in maintenance mode (click reboot on the Start menu while holding the Shift key down, and follow the prompts to do that). When the PC reboots, select option #7 to disable Driver Signature Enforcement, and reinstall Assistant 2. Don't reboot - stay in that mode, and start Assistant 2 with powered craft connected as usual. You should now be able to start the VPS calibration.

"I don't understand why DJI won't get that driver digitally signed"

All  those reports from different virus/malware products tell that the code in Assistant 2 contain some nasty routines that might compromise the security of the PC's.
Could be that they can't have it signed?
2018-2-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-2-15 21:34
"I don't understand why DJI won't get that driver digitally signed"

All  those reports from different virus/malware products tell that the code in Assistant 2 contain some nasty routines that might compromise the security of the PC's.

Reasonable question, but it may just be that the routines in their code are similar to an exploit (malicious code to access a remote device) and so the anti-virus interprets it as malware unless otherwise advised.
But I think it's just likely that they simply aren't digitally signed properly. I recall looking at the Vision drivers  previously and I think they were signed in Chinese. If that's still the case, perhaps that's against convention for Microsoft?
2018-2-15
Use props
RAGlover
lvl.1
United States

Solution is to uninstall Assistant 2, reboot your PC in maintenance mode (click reboot on the Start menu while holding the Shift key down, and follow the prompts to do that). When the PC reboots, select option #7 to disable Driver Signature Enforcement, and reinstall Assistant 2. Don't reboot - stay in that mode, and start Assistant 2 with powered craft connected as usual. You should now be able to start the VPS calibration.

Thanks Punchbuggy. I was able to get the rear sensors calibrated. Your trick worked great!

Now I need to get the compass fixed. I'm going to reach out to IRepairMD, which is right down the road from me, to see if they can replace/fix my compass wire. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks again Punchbuggy. BTW Marmite drone? I don't get it.
2018-2-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

RAGlover Posted at 2018-2-20 11:53
Thanks Punchbuggy. I was able to get the rear sensors calibrated. Your trick worked great!

Now I need to get the compass fixed. I'm going to reach out to IRepairMD, which is right down the road from me, to see if they can replace/fix my compass wire. We'll see how it goes.

Good to hear. DJI really need to get all of their drivers signed, as it just keeps causing people issues.
Otherwise, It's Vegemite - a classic food stuff of Australians. So my drone is Vegemite powered... ;-)
2018-2-20
Use props
Mochi
lvl.1
United States

Solution is to uninstall Assistant 2, reboot your PC in maintenance mode (click reboot on the Start menu while holding the Shift key down, and follow the prompts to do that). When the PC reboots, select option #7 to disable Driver Signature Enforcement, and reinstall Assistant 2. Don't reboot - stay in that mode, and start Assistant 2 with powered craft connected as usual. You should now be able to start the VPS calibration.

Your tip worked! Thanks, Punchbuggy.
Just to Clarify Punchbuggy's directions, because there were a few more clicks than expected:

Uninstall DJI Assistant 2
Reboot your PC in maintenance mode (right-click Start menu, then hold shift key and left click "restart")
The PC will reboot to a blue screen with options...
Click Troubleshoot.
Click Advanced options.
Click Startup Settings.
Click on Restart.
On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.
The computer will take you to windows...
Reinstall DJI Assistant 2.
During installation, a command prompt window will appear and you'll be asked to accept some permissions. Go ahead and accept them. Nothing to be afraid of.
Don't reboot your computer!
Start DJI Assistant 2
Plugin Drone and turn on

Problem Solved! Thanks again Punchbuggy!
2018-5-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Mochi Posted at 2018-5-29 09:26
Your tip worked! Thanks, Punchbuggy.
Just to Clarify Punchbuggy's directions, because there were a few more clicks than expected:

Well done Mochi - good instructions, and pleased to hear you got it sorted. Note that running Ass2 with signature enforcement off (each time) is only required if you want to do a VPS calibration - other functions appear to work otherwise from my use.

Now, if DJI just got those Vision drivers signed properly... sigh.
2018-5-29
Use props
ICHAWKEYE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79738 ft
United States

Anyone know the process when using an iMac?
2019-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules