Flying to fly or for photos/videos?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanielTheRider
lvl.4
United States

Hey all,
    I tried searching and couldn't find if anyone else had posted about this, but I'm curious as to how many of you fly your drone because you enjoy the flying aspect or you fly to get photos and videos from amazing angles?

Me personally, I like the flying aspect. I grew up with Nitro RC cars and I was always curious about RC aircraft. With DJI's products being easy to operate, of course it piqued my interest and I got one. I love flying my P4P+ anywhere I go. Having the camera on the drone is icing on the cake so I can take photos and capture video if I'm somewhere nice (Beach). Seeing my neighborhood from a new view point is quite interesting I might add.

My favorite part of flying is the landing. Taking off and flying around is fun as well, but something about bringing a craft back down to Earth safely and not causing damage. I don't know what it is.

What do you guys think?
Single SelectVote, Total 9 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

33.33% (3)
66.67% (6)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-2-15
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

I need a third choice. Both. I started out making a FW-450. Then I got a Phantom 1 and added a gimbal and a GoPro. Then I got the P4P+ and Goggles. I love flying them all. But having camera drones has led me to love the camera aspect. Nature is beautiful from above!

Jeff
2018-2-15
Use props
DanielTheRider
lvl.4
United States

Great answer! How do you like the goggles? Are they as immersive as I hope they are? I only want them if they really make you feel like you're really there.
2018-2-15
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

third choice i like both
2018-2-16
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

As I am a 'veteran RC' flyer .. boater ... auto person - I have to say the Video / Photo aspect of the DJI far outstrips the flight side.

For me - I don't feel I am flying a DJI product. I feel its taking me along with it. I just affect its path.

Sorry - but for me - there is no real skill in the average flight of a DJI. It's only when I fly in and out of the trees to improve my stick skill with it - that I get any flight thrill.

Nigel
2018-2-16
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736775 ft
United States

you might want to add a 3rd elective - both <
2018-2-16
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Flying a Phantom, for me, it's not the funniest thing to do. Quadricopter mechanics of flight is the most boring I think. A fixed wing drone is way more funny to fly and, if you fpv, then it is really amazing.
Good thing about quadricopters is the ability to stay still in the air, so you can take pictures and movies.
2018-2-16
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

DanielTheRider Posted at 2018-2-15 16:01
Great answer! How do you like the goggles? Are they as immersive as I hope they are? I only want them if they really make you feel like you're really there.

I’m finding that it can be a confusing information overload. Yes, it feels like I’m aboard the quad. But even though all the information is available on the screen, I seem to look past it. Then I find myself lifting the goggles to look at the RC, which kinda kills the whole effect. I have a Pro+ controller, so I can USB the goggles and still have the display. I know it doesn’t really make sense the way I’m describing it, but... as I’m flying along... I feel a need to look at the RC screen. Then I lift the goggles, and I’m facing in a direction I had no idea I was facing. And... there might be someone nearby... looking at me now... so now... I keep lifting the goggles to look at the... RC... or the person looking at me...

Jeff
2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules