Anthony's Key Resort, Roatan, video
1410 14 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

I reduced 40 - 50 minutes of video down to just over 5 minutes. The resort is a great place for flying a drone.

2018-2-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nice footage
2018-2-15
Use props
Kandavu
lvl.2
Canada

Heya Hoomi, I was at Roatan’s West End in ‘95. A year before Hurricane Mitch. Wonderful world class diving and the best banana pancakes (You know the place). Thanks for the 2018 tour. My ankles dont miss the no see’ems, that’s for sure!
2018-2-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2018-2-16
Use props
muskegg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93422 ft
United States

Awesome place. I like how the scuba tanks guy is so chill about all this.
(nice beard by the way ;)  )
2018-2-16
Use props
Leftyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Beautiful Video & Resort
2018-2-16
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the comments, all. I had fun flying there, and the toughest part of editing the videos was choosing which scenes to keep and which to cut, so as to keep the resulting video from being too long.

On the Tuesday we were there, all the dive boats went to Maya Cay for a picnic lunch between the second morning dive and the afternoon dive. When I heard we were going to another location for a picnic lunch, I packed the Spark in a dry bag and took it along, thinking it would be a cool location for some more video. Once we arrived, though, I knew I would not be flying there at all. Reference the screen shot below of the Google Map of Maya Cay, paying attention to the scale in the lower right corner.

Yeah - less than a quarter mile off the end of the runway of the international airport on Roatan. I don't think the planes passing over Maya Cay were much more than a couple of hundred feet up.
2018-2-16
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
United States

Kandavu Posted at 2018-2-16 00:31
Heya Hoomi, I was at Roatan’s West End in ‘95. A year before Hurricane Mitch. Wonderful world class diving and the best banana pancakes (You know the place). Thanks for the 2018 tour. My ankles dont miss the no see’ems, that’s for sure!

We were warned about the No-see-ums, so we took a couple of cans of Deep Woods Off!, and sprayed our lower legs, particularly, whenever we were going to be heading out for anything but diving (I guess deet isn't good for the reefs, so didn't want to wear it when getting in the water). I need to sit down one evening and edit together some of the photos and video from underwater.
2018-2-18
Use props
Kandavu
lvl.2
Canada

Hoomi Posted at 2018-2-18 20:34
We were warned about the No-see-ums, so we took a couple of cans of Deep Woods Off!, and sprayed our lower legs, particularly, whenever we were going to be heading out for anything but diving (I guess deet isn't good for the reefs, so didn't want to wear it when getting in the water). I need to sit down one evening and edit together some of the photos and video from underwater.

There was such an abundance of sea life to be seen when I was there. If you’re so inclined, please do share some of your underwater views.
2018-2-24
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Lovely place, great video!
2018-2-24
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
United States

Kandavu Posted at 2018-2-24 01:49
There was such an abundance of sea life to be seen when I was there. If you’re so inclined, please do share some of your underwater views.

I hope to sit down and put together the diving video this next week. This weekend, I'm in California for my uncle's funeral. While I have all the photos and video segments on my laptop, the good editing software is on the desktop at home.
2018-2-24
Use props
FPVulcher
New
Flight distance : 6562 ft

I'm heading to Roatan here shortly. did you have any issues with your drone?
2018-9-17
Use props
Ourakot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457408 ft
  • >>>

amazing place! wish i could travel there!
2018-9-18
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
United States

FPVulcher Posted at 2018-9-17 08:20
I'm heading to Roatan here shortly. did you have any issues with your drone?

None at all. I did the compass calibration before my first flight there, but had no issues flying, and no issues with taking it through the airport in my carry-on bag.
2018-9-18
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

lovely video of an awesome place,,,
2018-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules